Week 1 : Jacksonville Jaguars

Pack-12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats not what I'm suggesting. But when Taylor had that delayed reaction like he did, if they'd called false start(like they should have), don't you think maybe that'd make these guys concentrate on the task at hand a little more rather than playing this stupid game of "gotcha" all the time? That's all I'm saying.

Sure the refs could have easily called false start on us there but the purpose of the hard count isn't to play "gotcha" that's just a bonus. The purpose is to keep the defensive line from jumping the snap which isn't a tricky type of thing. It's a punishment for the defensive players for trying to be tricky.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Sure the refs could have easily called false start on us there but the purpose of the hard count isn't to play "gotcha" that's just a bonus. The purpose is to keep the defensive line from jumping the snap which isn't a tricky type of thing. It's a punishment for the defensive players for trying to be tricky.

not sure when the rule was changed, but prior to the change, the defense was allowed to jump back and forth across the line, as long as they didn't make contact and were back on sides before the ball was snapped it wasn't a penalty. But this was viewed as being unfair, since if anyone on the OL flinched, it was a penalty and defensive players were trying to get guys to flinch. I kind of like what Sschind suggests...."Lets just say that once the ball is set no one on the LOS, offense or defense can move."

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jags played a nice game, I won't take credit away from them which they deserved. if they continue to play like they did, i'm sure we could see them in the playoffs.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not sure when the rule was changed, but prior to the change, the defense was allowed to jump back and forth across the line, as long as they didn't make contact and were back on sides before the ball was snapped it wasn't a penalty. But this was viewed as being unfair, since if anyone on the OL flinched, it was a penalty and defensive players were trying to get guys to flinch. I kind of like what Sschind suggests...."Lets just say that once the ball is set no one on the LOS, offense or defense can move."

that's the football I remembered in the 90s. saw plenty of that on D. didn't even know they changed the rule. lol

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
that's the football I remembered in the 90s. saw plenty of that on D. didn't even know they changed the rule. lol
Yes, its called A Neutral Zone Infraction, it is called if a defensive player moves into the neutral zone, startling the man directly across from him into false starting. Think it went into effect in 2011? The grey area and we saw that on Sunday, the defensive player has to "startle" the offensive player into moving. Taylor had a very delayed "startle" and probably should have been called for a false start.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jags played a nice game, I won't take credit away from them which they deserved. if they continue to play like they did, i'm sure we could see them in the playoffs.
If by see them... you mean play them... that would be the Superbowl. lol

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I knew what you meant. Dont mind that other guy. Like most, he makes normal conversation difficult around here.

Yes, once again Rock you like to rock the boat and make broad generalizations. The user you refer to, swhitset has posted a total of 5 times...go and read all 5 of their posts and tell me how they make normal conversation difficult?

Last edited:

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
REALLY??? Are you sure you are responding to the correct poster?

Yes, i am quite sure. People act like he said something difficult to comprehend, but it wasnt. If you stop and read what i said in context, i told him that what he said make sense and the other guy was teying to make the interaction difficult, and that it thusly wasnt his fault.

Geez.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, i am quite sure. People act like he said something difficult to comprehend, but it wasnt. If you stop and read what i said in context, i told him that what he said make sense and the other guy was teying to make the interaction difficult, and that it thusly wasnt his fault.

Geez.
Don't know why I am even responding, but whatever.... Jrock since you chose to interject yourself into my reply to mongoosev, I too knew what he meant. My reply TO HIM, was simply a good natured ribbing (hence the lol). His reply back to me indicates that he understood that. Lest anyone think that the fact that I have only a handful of posts here indicates that I am new to the forum, I have actually been around reading most posts here for several years. I recently had to re-register, because I typically avoid posting here because of the negative responses so many posters receive from people like you.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see your response as something different but you left yourself enough wiggle room to CYA.

Its interesting how anything i say teads to everyone here somehow like i called their mother a **********. Not sure what everyones deal is.

I think it starts with breakfast in the morning. Important meal. Remember, cheerios are to be served with MILK!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Its interesting how anything i say teads to everyone here somehow like i called their mother a **********. Not sure what everyones deal is.

I think it starts with breakfast in the morning. Important meal. Remember, cheerios are to be served with MILK!

You're welcome to leave if the members are upsetting you. We'd miss you though. :)

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your aggressive attitude seems to be offending everybody else, not your presence.
By aggressive attitude, youre simply referencing having a different opinion and not being a blind homer? Usually an aggressive attitude involves attacking people, which I dont do. It appears to be perfectly acceptable for everyone here to do it to me, though. Keep up the impartial work mods!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By aggressive attitude, youre simply referencing having a different opinion and not being a blind homer? Usually an aggressive attitude involves attacking people, which I dont do. It appears to be perfectly acceptable for everyone here to do it to me, though. Keep up the impartial work mods!
"blind "homer" the fact that you don't understand that language like that is an attack....

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

And there it is once again. You started here with a bad attitude. You only see what you want to see. Moderators have tried to advise you in the past and you just didn't want to know.
Take that how you want.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
:tdown:

I don't envy the mods at all...
Agreed. I appreciate the job that they do and despite what has to be pure temptation to act otherwise, they are able to stay calm and do what they are making millions a year to do. I hope we don't lose any in Free Agency this year, I hear Da Bears are looking for a few good mods!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed. I appreciate the job that they do and despite what has to be pure temptation to act otherwise, they are able to stay calm and do what they are making millions a year to do. I hope we don't lose any in Free Agency this year, I hear Da Bears are looking for a few good mods!
I post to a Bears board sometimes. They'd have to open the vault for me to work there. Or it would be me and 8-10 posters left. 2-3 of them are Packer fans.