Week 1 : Jacksonville Jaguars

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Try Iraq in the middle of the summer. 130+ with sand storms make it so you can't see 15 feet in front of you. Then you can't escape the heat by going into your air conditioned house at the end of the day. You sleep in a puddle of dust and sweat. All while knowing people there want you dead lol
Thank you for your service!!!

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers add Bahktiari to injury report. The left tackle is questionable with a back injury.

Great way to start the season. Sitton gone and Bahktiari questionable. The left side of the OL, AR's blindside is looking like a disaster waiting to happen.

Speaking of Sitton, I'm guessing many of you have read McGinn's piece on Sitton's release. it puts a lot of the blame on TT's door for doing next to nothing to get a good trade for Sitton by the deadline.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...0/mcginn-packers-blew-sitton-gambit/90149052/

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Speaking of Sitton, I'm guessing many of you have read McGinn's piece on Sitton's release. it puts a lot of the blame on TT's door for doing next to nothing to get a good trade for Sitton by the deadline.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...0/mcginn-packers-blew-sitton-gambit/90149052/

Sounds pretty much the way many of us have pieced the story together this past week. If it is how it went down, my feelings exactly, you messed up TT for letting Sitton leave town without anything in exchange!

D

Deleted member 6794

According to Ian Rapoport Bahktiari is expected to play vs. the Jaguars today.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I worked in a gray iron foundry for 2 1/2 decades. Add 20-30 degrees to the outside temp, with the humidity add a film of dust in the air. Wear long sleeves and heavy jeans and a respirator and a hard hat and heavy leather or fiberglass gloves to deflect burns from radiant heat coming off the molten iron or the castings. You're flipping the smaller of these by hand. They may be in the 200-250 deg range. They got rid of the line a few years ago where the castings were still too hot to be magnetized. Still have the line where wooden pallets will eventually ignite from the castings. The company provided a free Gatorade machine after the salt pills were deemed unsafe. Oh and also hope your job site was near the incoming air duct.

Well if we're playing the "mine's bigger" game. I spent a large portion of my life drinking coffee and having home made cookies with little old ladies in the comfort of their homes or nursing homes. A job like that is a heavy burden, but somebody has to do it. :D

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/9/8/12827350/jaguars-packers-2016-picks-predictions-aaron-rodgers

While I expect a Packers' win today it won't be easy or a blow-out. Probably similar to last year's opener at Chicago.

There were a few anxious moments in that one and the Pack actually trailed at halftime. But they made big plays on both sides of the ball and the opposition obliged with some timely errors to start the Pack at 1-0.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201509130chi.htm

https://www.google.com/search?q=2015+green+bay+packers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#sh=0

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Jag fan here, coming in peace. I have a lot of family in the area, mostly Oshkosh, and am sort of an outcast (football speaking) because I am a Jag fan. :)

Oshkosh (transplant by marriage) resident here. You evidently had an excellent exit strategy. I made the mistake of moving my reason-for-being back to be closer to her family after making a clean get-away ... I'm the guy who keeps hitting himself over the head with hammer because it feels sooooo good when I stop.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This one will be a shocker. Jags upset Packers. Sorry folks, I don't buy the hype that the Packers are this good this year.
The interior of their defense is young, the offensive line is in flux(two of last year's starters either gone or hurt).
The Jags can move the ball, and spent a ton of money and picked up some pretty good players on defense. Plus it's 90+ degrees there today, the opposite of having a warm weather team in Green Bay late in the year.
Jags 24 Packers 23.

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's finally here. Today, we switch from prognosticating, to complaining and bragging. Game-On Backers! Oh yea...SkinnySwami says Pack 34-24.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect the Jags to be a better team this year and am happy we get them early instead of later in the season. However, I predict Wisconsin football will be 2-0 for the weekend. GPG!

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers inactives:

QB Joe Callahan
WR Trevor Davis
RB Jhurell Pressley
CB Josh Hawkins
S Chris Banjo
T Kyle Murphy
LB Jayrone Elliott

D

Deleted member 6794

Jaguars RB Chris Ivory was admitted to the hospital this morning with a general medical issue and is inactive for today's game vs. Packers

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, my post-game thoughts and assessments on this one:

1. The Jaguars are a team in improvement and I think the Bears, Lions, and Vikings are going to find that out as this season goes on, gotta tip the cap to Blake Bortles

2. We had a few assignment troubles out there in the secondary, BUT ... this run defense is getting better, Blake Martinez is going to be good, inside linebacker is not an issue this year

3. The O-line despite its makeshiftness with Lane Taylor and JC Tretter did much better than I thought

4. It is on the first game so I won't hit the all out alarm on this, but I'm not liking the way this play clock management was going, I just don't get how Rodgers/MM could have trouble on that last offensive possession like that having to burn a timeout and then having a delay of game. Also, didn't particularly care for a draw play to Starks in the redzone on 3rd down instead of a play action pass which had the Jags bought, which I think they would have, Nelson's open.

5. Thank god Cobb wasn't badly hurt, nail biter there

It looked like a week one game and I'm sure they'll clean up some of the play clock/time management issues, but I do want to see improvement.

Now.... off to Minny.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sloppy opening week game to be expected.

Offensive line struggling, especially in run blocking. No run game to speak of today.

Run defense surprised me. Lack of pass rush and poor secondary play was disappointing.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sloppy opening week game to be expected.

Offensive line struggling, especially in run blocking. No run game to speak of today.

Run defense surprised me. Lack of pass rush and poor secondary play was disappointing.

I thought the stagnant run production was more that we didn't feed the rock enough to Lacy, and I'm not a fan of that one pitch play we do, it always slows our backs down and defenses seem to get a beat on it all the time. All in all, the O-line wasn't that bad I didn't think, and it'll get better.

There'll be a bit of a test next week in Minny.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Aaron's biggest weakness has been clock management. He's had issues with it his entire career and often has to burn a timeout as a result.

Run D looked good. Pass D was as bad as always, though they did come through at times.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron's biggest weakness has been clock management. He's had issues with it his entire career and often has to burn a timeout as a result.

Run D looked good. Pass D was as bad as always, though they did come through at times.

He has often tried to Romo that play clock down and pull that last second snap right before it hits zero, I have seen that often yes, but I've seen him do much better on clock killing drives in 3rd and 4 situations than that over his career and convert plenty of them. To me, it just should not be an issue in those situations. I'll say it was a week 1 thing and due to minimal preseason play, but it's going to have to get better starting next week.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He has often tried to Romo that play clock down and pull that last second snap right before it hits zero, I have seen that often yes, but I've seen him do much better on clock killing drives in 3rd and 4 situations than that over his career and convert plenty of them. To me, it just should not be an issue in those situations. I'll say it was a week 1 thing and due to minimal preseason play, but it's going to have to get better starting next week.

Some things I am sure the players/coaches can say it was because of 1st week..

and you are right, next week those same things shouldnt happen

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers threw for 199 yards and our leading rusher had 60 yards, still put up 27 points. Can't wait to see them when they're firing on all cylinders

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rodgers threw for 199 yards and our leading rusher had 60 yards, still put up 27 points. Can't wait to see them when they're firing on all cylinders

Hope that isn't the same battle cry we have to use all this year, like we did last year. :eek:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts