Week 09: Kansas City vs. Green Bay

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1.) first and foremost win the battle of turnovers, its vital if you want to win in this league

2.) Put a clamp on Tony Gonzalez, he will obviously catch balls, but keep him out of the endzone.

3.) Keep Larry Johnson under 100 yards rushing.

4.) Pressure on the Qb- if we can get pressure and creat turnovers well be in good shape

5.) Continue on the good offensive line play from Denver.- I liked what I saw, and its posative improvement. If we can protect Brett and give him time we will shred their D

Open for interpretation!

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Kansas City vs. Green Bay

1.) first and foremost win the battle of turnovers, its vital if you want to win in this league

2.) Put a clamp on Tony Gonzalez, he will obviously catch balls, but keep him out of the endzone.

3.) Keep Larry Johnson under 100 yards rushing.

4.) Pressure on the Qb- if we can get pressure and creat turnovers well be in good shape

5.) Continue on the good offensive line play from Denver.- I liked what I saw, and its posative improvement. If we can protect Brett and give him time we will shred their D

Open for interpretation!

1. Win the TO battle
2. Make them on dimensional
3. Start fast to get the crowd out of it
4. Tackle well
5. Establish some kind of run game
6. Take advantage of oppurtunities.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

1. Win the TO battle
2. Make them on dimensional
3. Start fast to get the crowd out of it
4. Tackle well
5. Establish some kind of run game
6. Take advantage of oppurtunities.

I hovered over 'TO' and it says Terrell Owens, lmao. This is a Packers website and the universal term for Turnover says ... Terrell Owens ... hah

The crowd noise will be key. We'll have many false starts, I fear.

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kansas City vs. Green Bay

im fearing the crowd noise as well, that place is like a screaming hell with all the red...we must get the crowd otta the game early

Reaction score

I'll make this the official week 9 Chiefs thread, hopefully to reduce the number of redundant threads that are cropping up which could fit under this broader category.

One thing I actually like about the short week is that some of our players must move on from their less-than-stellar performances very quickly.

I think that will bode well for them, not having to over-analyze their play and get caught up in continuously thinking about what they did wrong.

Also, I wonder if some of the players (Scott Wells, Junius Coston) were kept out as precaution for the bye week, with McCarthy knowing they'd be available for certain since it was a short week. Should be interesting to see how our running game builds on a solid performance against Denver, getting two of our starters on the o-line back to boot.

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score

im really interested to see how we run the ball at KC i hope that we dont over do it though if it isnt working

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if we score 28 points. we will win. no team has dropped a bunch of points on our defense. giving up 17.1 a game on average. i know our defense doesnt look dominate at times. but damnit they dont make it easy on teams. if our offense can eat some clock, move the ball and score 3 TDs i think we win easily.

arapaho

Cheesehead
Reaction score

im really interested to see how we run the ball at KC i hope that we dont over do it though if it isnt working

you have to keep allen honest by the run

but keys to beating them is simple

1.crush the pocket...neither croyel or huard are real good qbs and both will make mistakes if pressured...plus if you get good pressure on them it forces gonzo to stay in and block and not release into the field

2. gonzalas is good, and can hurt a team but LJ getting going is a killer , so stopping LJ is a priority before gonzo...LJ running wild does far more for thier offense in play selection then a one dimensional passing game would

3. play your best cb on Bowe...he is the best wr they have apart from gonzo..and if needed play your nickle back or a good cover safety on gonzo in passing downs...but check him at the line, no free release
4. practise the silent count...arrowhead is loud...real loud and if they get a lead the crowd noise is unmerciful...but by getting an early lead you can also take them out of the game

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arrowhead is a tough place to play.

We need 3 and outs EARLY. We can't let Larry Johnson get any sort of production. The Chiefs have the highest winning percentage in the league when he's off to a 100-yard game. We have to make Croyle/Huard--whoever the hell their QB is, win the game, not LJ.

We gotta shut their fans up by running. The Chiefs have some pretty balanced ends with Tamba Hali and Jared Allen. Hali is a 2nd year player with both power and speed, and Jared Allen is their version of Aaron Kampman.

I don't see KC's receivers being a threat, but Poppinga needs to step up against Gonzo.

Also, KC has a very old but very experienced secondary. We'll need to beat them with speed. So Jennings, you're the man.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We play Packer football, don't have the needless penalties and we will win this. Chiefs don't really match up that well.

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arrowhead is a tough place to play.

We need 3 and outs EARLY. We can't let Larry Johnson get any sort of production. The Chiefs have the highest winning percentage in the league when he's off to a 100-yard game. We have to make Croyle/Huard--whoever the hell their QB is, win the game, not LJ.

We gotta shut their fans up by running. The Chiefs have some pretty balanced ends with Tamba Hali and Jared Allen. Hali is a 2nd year player with both power and speed, and Jared Allen is their version of Aaron Kampman.

I don't see KC's receivers being a threat, but Poppinga needs to step up against Gonzo.

Also, KC has a very old but very experienced secondary. We'll need to beat them with speed. So Jennings, you're the man.

I agree with you on making their qb win this game, another thing is we cannot get down early and have to rely on brett

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We have to keep the penalties down. Those have almost killed us many times this season.
I think Koren Robinson returning kicks could be big for us too. Winning the starting field position i think is crucial. If we have a short field it could be big.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We play Packer football, don't have the needless penalties and we will win this. Chiefs don't really match up that well.

Except at TE. Not sure if you've noticed but opposing TEs have been killing us all season. I'm not worried about LJ. Stop Gonzales and we should win.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know anything about their defense but i know Gonzalez and Bowe giving us fits on the other end. If we can scheme well for Gonzalez, we will win. If we try and put Bigby on him all day, he will get roasted and it will be a tough game. Otherwise, i think we win for sure.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
I dont know anything about their defense but i know Gonzalez and Bowe giving us fits on the other end. If we can scheme well for Gonzalez, we will win. If we try and put Bigby on him all day, he will get roasted and it will be a tough game. Otherwise, i think we win for sure.

I think they lead the AFC in sacks or are among the top. That's what I heard on tv. They do have a nice pair of DE's. Tamba Hali and Jared Allen. Who would've though 3 years ago that a Packers vs. Chiefs game would feature two tough defenses?

I think it'd be wise to match Harris up on Tony G when he splits out wide and Woodson on Bowe. I don't like Bigby covering Tony G either and Poppinga just wouldn't have the speed to hang with him.

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
man it just seems like every game is becoming more and more important,,,,,, i think this game is crucial, if we can go to 7-1 with 2 home games following well be in excellent shape for this last stretch of the season

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just browsed through KC roster. Their defense actually is very similar to ours as far as playmakers. They have two very capable pass rushers, their linebacking core may be one of the most under rated in nfl with napoleon harris, donnie edwards, and derrick johnson....and a savy veteran corner in tye law....

this will be a true test

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Play aggressive! dont start playing conservative as soon as we have a 3 point lead. Play like you are behind the whole game, like ya have to score more points, to create a sense of urgency.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hearing a lot about the importance of stopping Gonzalez, or at least slowing him down, but I don't know how much that really matters. TE's have feasted on the Packer defense in almost every game this year, yet the Packers are still 6-1 and allowing only 17 points per game. Gonzalez will get his catches. But if the Packers can keep Bowe and Larry Johnson under control, they should do okay. I'd like to see the pass rush step up a little. Force their QB into some bad decisions.

On offense, the Chad Clifton/Jared Allen matchup will be crucial. Clifton did a great job on Shawne Merriman, and a similar performance against Allen will make things much easier for the offense.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts