Wednesday Nov. 12th team update: Hawk working in the Middle

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
McCarthy: Hawk 'getting a lot of work' in middle
Here are the noteworthy items from coach Mike McCarthy's post-practice media conference:

* Here's the injury report: LB Nick Barnett (knee) is out. CB Will Blackmon (quadriceps), CB Jarrett Bush (ankle) and DE Jeremy Thompson (groin) did not participate. QB Aaron Rodgers (right shoulder) and CB Charles Woodson (toe) were limited. LB Brandon Chillar (shoulder) and tackle Chad Clifton (knees) were full participants.

* What to do at LB: Working all combinations. All of top four linebackers -- A.J. Hawk, Brady Poppinga, Chillar and Desmond Bishop -- are double training. "They're all going to be ready. ... A.J.'s getting a lot of work there."

* On Blackmon: Had thigh contusion. "I anticipate Will will probably practice tomorrow."

* On Rodgers: Did 90 to 95 percent of practice today. That's the most he's done since the injury.

* What has given trouble with Bears: Doesn't view it that way. Every game's different. Likes the way they match up against the Bears. "I don't view it as we have the problems with the Bears."

* On urgency this week: Also was an emphasis last week. Standings start to mean something now. Thinks urgency has shown up in preparation. Practice, meetings were good today. "I love the way the team works. They play hard; they're supposed to play hard." But need to make a lot more plays.

* On preparing for Bears quarterbacks: Preparing for both. Thinks Kyle Orton has stronger arm than Rex Grossman and was playing at a higher level. Different in stature. Do have experience playing both guys.

* On Thompson's groin: Worse than expected. It will be a challenge for him to practice. "He's definitely questionable for the game."

* On filling roster spot vacated when Barnett is moved to IR: Don't feel need to hurry to sign someone because team is healthy. Have guys on practice squad excited about, too.

* Trying to get Clifton to practice more? "I think it will help Chad if he practices more."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts