Weather forecast - Dallas game ?

Fwoodpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi - will be over from the UK for the December 13th game - what's going on with the weather in Wisconsin?

Forecast is in the 40's and I've bought a fair bit of cold weather gear in anticipation of freezing my **** off!

Anyway can't wait to visit Lambeau , GoPack

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been warmer than usual so far, but it could easily be 20 with 30MPH winds that day. I think the extended forcast though is calling for continuing warmer than normal temps, so you should luck out.

OP
OP
Fwoodpacker

Fwoodpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Mondio - if the long range forecast is as accurate as the ones we get in the UK pretty much seems like guesswork!
I'll keep an eye on the forecast up until the day I fly.

Be nice and warm in the pub / bar anyway

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just checked and it looks like they're calling for mid to upper 40's up till next Saturday anyway. Unless something comes screaming down from Canada Saturday night, I suspect Sunday will be similar. Anything in the 30's and you're dressed for it in that stadium is pretty comfortable. At near 50 you might be sweating :)

Long range is typically OK for temps give or take 3-5 degrees. Precipitation or not is often not very accurate this far out when trying to say it will happen on a particular day. and yes, the bars are always warm

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Just bring "anti-Freeze" in a bottle.......you won't feel the cold no matter how bad it gets!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always make sure i'm topped off before heading in :) Gotta have the engine at a good operating temperature by kick off

OP
OP
Fwoodpacker

Fwoodpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks guys - seems like the plan is to have a few beers beforehand, sounds good to me. Now tailgate or bar ...... hmmmmm tricky decision!

Cheers :p

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I always make sure i'm topped off before heading in :) Gotta have the engine at a good operating temperature by kick off

Just remember that your body metabolizes alcohol more slowly in really cold temps and when you get back into the warmth it will speed up. That's why some folks died after the ice bowl. Don't want all you valuable posters getting too sick (or worse) on us. ;)

OP
OP
Fwoodpacker

Fwoodpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Croak :) - looks like the temperature won't be an issue. Might need need to buy some rain gear though !!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yesterday the weather forecast I saw said everyone was going to get pretty wet at the game on Sunday. This morning a different station said most of the rain was going to come Saturday night and into Sunday earlier in the day. My guess is they'll change it every day till Sunday morning, but some warm clothes and a poncho are all you'll need.

OP
OP
Fwoodpacker

Fwoodpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yesterday the weather forecast I saw said everyone was going to get pretty wet at the game on Sunday. This morning a different station said most of the rain was going to come Saturday night and into Sunday earlier in the day. My guess is they'll change it every day till Sunday morning, but some warm clothes and a poncho are all you'll need.

Thanks - I presume you can get a poncho easily enough in Green Bay - not something I currently own :eek:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks - I presume you can get a poncho easily enough in Green Bay - not something I currently own :eek:
Won't be an issue at all. Any sporting goods store, plug Fleet Farm into your gps and you can pick one up for a couple dollars. Depending on where you're staying there's probably a lot of places closer

OP
OP
Fwoodpacker

Fwoodpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well a poncho was required after all!!

Had a fantastic time in Green Bay and did the bars on Saturday night and went to a few tailgates on Sunday rather than paying and staying in one place - also joined a couple of groups tailgating on way to Lambeau (thanks for the hospitality / beer / burger).

Also went to the hall of fame on Saturday but didn't do the tour due to timing issues*. Spent a fair bit on merchandise but what the hell, can't easily get Packer gear in the UK (Xmas jumper has gone down well).

*Only issue I had was getting to Green Bay as my flight was delayed from the UK meaning I missed the connection. American Airlines couldn't get me on a flight until 28 hours later and even that wasn't guaranteed due to over booking. Anyway spent a night in Chicago and got a Greyhound bus to Green Bay first in the morning. Luckily I contacted the hotel who kept my room and didn't even charge me for the night I missed - thanks Econo Lodge, great service.

To anyone thinking of travelling to Lambeau go for it, in all I think I could have done the trip for under £1k if required. The people are great in Green Bay (and to be fair they were OK in Chicago too) and make you feel welcome. Experience of a lifetime in Lambeau - and we beat the Cowboys.

Thanks to all for the advice on this forum - really helpful.

Go Pack Go

Members online

Latest posts