We will be going to the Super Bowl

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The latest odds I saw were Washington by 1. That's really anybody's game.

In 2010, the Packers were suffering from no running game. I think Rodgers had the most yards. Then out of nowhere came James Starks. His big game was Jan 9 (I looked it up). That seemed to turn it all around for us.

Why can't we have some receivers come out of nowhere in similar fashion to Starks at the end of the season? I'm thinking Janis and Abbrederis to bolster the passing game, in this case.
It is certainly possible, although unlikely. Starks was a surprise at the end as well as Sam Shields, both rookies, in the post season. Quarless actually fared acceptably well even though he was no Finley who was on IR. Even Jerod Bush made a play or two. Our O-line held up for ARod and our D, with laundry lists of IR names, survived. That is about all we can hope for....Survival.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should all be rooting for the Vikings to win. That would mean a trip to Carolina instead of Arizona for us in the divisional round. I think the Vikings have a better shot at beating Seattle than people think, too. It's going to be close to 0 F on Sunday. How often do the Seahawks play in that kind of weather?
Yes, I'd rather go to Carolina than Arizona only because it appears it would be less embarrassing. Another 38-8 defeat in the desert could mean MM's job. The Vikings are capable of beating both Seattle and Arizona because of their physical defense and AP on the offensive side of the ball. Zimmer learns after a defeat and teaches his team how to adjust. With the Packers we seem not to learn. The lack of playoff experience may be a factor for Minny but there is always a first time to get the experience. And for us it is hard to predict a victory anywhere for a team that loses division home games to Detroit, Chicago, and Minnesota. Unless we are playing Tennessee or Cleveland.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As to the subject, I couldn't care less who we play. You'll have to play who you're scheduled to play , and you'll have to beat them to get where you want to go. And if you're a legit team you shouldn't care, either.
As to who we'd play in the next round, I'd actually give us a punchers chance vs Carolina, but very little chance vs Arizona ; bad match up, and it would be on a short week.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I somewhat agree with your stance... Isn't there a certain trickle down affect? Regardless of how they are playing now. Wouldn't the defense be better if they had hit on those picks. Wouldn't that have solved our problems on defense faster and got us back to taking more high-end talent on offense. Could it have made a difference last year in the NFCCG? Not saying that is the sole reason as you know, I blame that a lot of areas. But that doesn't mean that if we had more talent we couldn't have won just flat out. Also hitting on all those picks may have allowed us the luxury to trade up since we didn't have the same amount of needs.

While I agree with the premise that the team has worked through it. That doesn't take culpability away from missing on picks. A miss is a miss.
We are at a disadvantage in the draft for a few reasons IMO-because of the draft position, like you stated, and because TT is so focused on getting guys who he is sure will be contributors, even if they have average ability, because he wants to fill the roster with draft picks only.

Take a look at a team like Arizona-they took a chance on John Brown, because when you're in the third round, there are probably dozens of experienced UFAs that are just as capable or more capable than whatever available player in the draft at that point that would fit your most pressing needs.

TT doesn't like the high risk/high reward picks other than the late rounds, and would rather go after a guy like Jake Ryan and Micah Hyde, who are and likely always will be average players. Guys like that are available all over the league. I can't understand not getting the most talented players available in the draft who could turn into something really special instead of players who just don't have much potential.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
In 2010, I was going along for the ride as far as it would take us and that's what I'm doing this year as well. That 2010 defense ... I was holding my breath throughout the playoffs fearing that the Packer D of the majority of that season would magically reappear...fortunately for us, it didn't.

An awful lot can happen between now and the Super Bowl and I'm just letting 'er play out. WIN UGLY!! I'll take that too.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'd like to see the Pack win today before speculating where they go if Jupiter aligns with Mars.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1 game at a time folks, 1 game at a time. Let's worry about beating AZ first before trying to buy SB tickets.

That said, for all the bad that happened this year, this is why MM should not and hopefully will never be fired, because he's too invaluable as a head coach.

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
We survive and Advance.

Duel in the Desert Part II: Electric Boogaloo

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I would end up really pissed off if the Pack get their doors blown off again by these guys. They should be out to prove that they still have a "pair" ... their manhood is in question... and it's not like the Cards really beat up the Pack...the Pack gave them 3 friggen scores... that game is going to be closer than most will give the Pack credit for.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2010, I was going along for the ride as far as it would take us and that's what I'm doing this year as well. That 2010 defense ... I was holding my breath throughout the playoffs fearing that the Packer D of the majority of that season would magically reappear...fortunately for us, it didn't.

An awful lot can happen between now and the Super Bowl and I'm just letting 'er play out. WIN UGLY!! I'll take that too.

The Packers defense of the majority of the season was awesome. Only gave up more than thirty points in a game once. Finished #5 in yards and #2 scoring. I've been waiting the better part of a half decade for that defense to reappear.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts