We will be going to the Super Bowl

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The positives are this team at least keeps fighting till the end. I haven't seen them quit, but they aren't playing very well either. They finally kept people in the backfield and put Kuhn over with Sitton on every play pretty much so Rodgers had a chance. He played pretty well considering the circumstances, but missed on a handful of passes and one was for a TD that instead was a INT. Most QB's miss a few a game, it's just we're not used to seeing it from Rodgers. Cobb had his customary drop or 2. Adams caught the few threw his way and he showed some fight after the catch too. That was a positive, but he has to sustain it and more and there isn't much time left.

Lacy was running hard with not much room and penalties wiped out some offensive wins again.

I'd like to see ISO's on every passing target for every play of the game sometime. From the few they showed, it looks like our WR jog right to a defender on most plays. No wonder Rodgers has to hold the ball, would you throw it there? and by the time he has to hold it, the rush is in his face or already has him down. There is no quick passing in this offense, because I don't think there's anywhere to throw it most times. I think this team needs to invest in the offensive line this offseason, in coaches and players, especially Left Tackle, though I think FA will be too expensive and drafting where we are isn't likely to leave any great prospects that can step in and play a franchise level right away.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We finally have the defense to get there but the Offense has flopped. Credit multiple bad drafts between our Super Bowl victory and the present day mess we've been watching. Davante Adams failed to progress as expected, Randall Cobb never turned into a true wide receiver capable of playing all over the field. At Tight End we've failed to find a consistent contributor. We're a passing team without passing talent. Even as a running team we lack that over the top threat to keep defenses honest.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
We finally have the defense to get there but the Offense has flopped. Credit multiple bad drafts between our Super Bowl victory and the present day mess we've been watching.
IMO this would be a great point except for the NFCCG last year. Clearly that team had the talent to win a title. The entire team shared the blame of the 4-minute melt down but I don't know how an objective fan could blame Thompson for it.

Speaking of "objective", the OP and subsequent posts look to me like someone seeking attention. Being positive is fine but it's also fine to have watched that game last night and to have drawn the obvious conclusion that this offense is not good. Having a positive attitude won't affect an offense which scored all of 3 points against the "vaunted" Vikings defense in the first three quarters (which in no way resembles any of the great defenses in NFL history - and isn't intended as a knock on the Vikings as they're obviously a better team than the Packers). If Zartan checks out Croak's link I suggest he concentrate on the section titled, "Emotional resilience".

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I got this feeling The Hawks and us will run the table and we will be hosting the NFC Champ game at home. Revenge is a dish best served cold and it will be cold in Green bay that day...

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The deeper this team goes in January, the more likely you will see them lose 50-6 in a playoff game.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
That feeling is probably the result of eating Mexican for lunch and Italian for dinner. Shouldnt do that right befor bedtime.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I got this feeling The Hawks and us will run the table and we will be hosting the NFC Champ game at home. Revenge is a dish best served cold and it will be cold in Green bay that day...
I want some of what you are smoking. Because it has to be good stuff. :)

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stranger things have happened...

A LOT of strange things have happened just this season.

1) The almighty Patriots start out 10-0 and finish the year 2-4.
2) The Texans and Chiefs are both playoff teams after starting 1-4 and 1-5. The Chiefs have won 10 in a row after losing arguably their best player.
3) Lions start the year 1-7 and finish 7-9 overall.
4) The Packer lost all three home division games for the first time since 1960, but won them all on the road.
5) Jay Cutler went 16 straight games without more than one pick. Yes, Jay Cutler did that, but had 3 in week 17.
6) The Panthers destroyed the Falcons 38-0 and looked to be on the way to undefeated, only to lose to the same Falcons team a few weeks later.
7) In week 16 the Cardinals looked like the best team in the league, while the Seawhaks looked average vs the Rams. Naturally then, in week 17 the Seahawks demolish the Cardinals.

Going back seasons, there's the multiple recent Super Bowl winners who didn't look super at all during the regular season.

The Packers can win it all. Not saying it's likely, but it's certainly possible because this is the NFL and crazy things happen all the time.

I'll be hopeful until they are officially done.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
This looks an awful lot like the "We'll be going to the Super Bowl" thread started by the same poster. Maybe one thread is enough for the wildly optimistic Zartan?

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I want some of what you are smoking. Because it has to be good stuff. :)
I'm not smoking anything I am remaining upbeat and positive. I'm with the team till end of the line whether or not the stop is next week or not. I intend to remain on the train till its stop.

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
This looks an awful lot like the "We'll be going to the Super Bowl" thread started by the same poster. Maybe one thread is enough for the wildly optimistic Zartan?

I wanna keep the upbeat attitude. If they lose so be it but I am thinking they will win.

Strange stuff has happened no 5 has hosted a 6 seed in modern era so it could happen. Why not us.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A LOT of strange things have happened just this season.
Great post.

I'm going into the Redskins game with no expectations at this point, just gonna watch and hope for the W.

I will say this, though. If SOMEHOW our offense gets back, and we post 30 something points, I might have a little bit more faith.

All bets are off in the playoffs. All we can do is enjoy another Packer playoff appearance and ride the storm.

Packers_16-0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F*** it make me look good or make me look bad Packers but we will win it all I have 100% trust in my team that if we play Packer football no one can beat us so GO PACK GO SUPERBOWL Here we Come

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did see a spark of life in the closing minutes of the game.....what if they get hot starting in Washington?

They showed life at the end of several games, when they got desperate and the opponents were protecting a lead. I'm trying to remember what happens when they get hot at the start, but at my age, that's too far back.

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really want to believe that their offense will somehow magically come back to form. Rodgers will look like the MVP again (or at least be accurate), and our receivers will run faster and catch balls, and our HC will call a good game. I have went into every game hoping for this, and then again after every halftime. My spirits and general good mood have been crushed multiple times in every game. I die a little inside each week.

Sorry, I blacked out. I agree with the OP, we right our offensive woes against WASH, take that momentum to AZ, and then host SEA at home. It is certainly in the realm of possibility.

I am also hoping MIN gets 50 put on them.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO this would be a great point except for the NFCCG last year. Clearly that team had the talent to win a title. The entire team shared the blame of the 4-minute melt down but I don't know how an objective fan could blame Thompson for it.

Consider that talent, Aaron Rodger was drafted in 05, Nelson in 08, Matthews in 09, Shields and Williams were acquired prior to the 2010 campaign. Yes that team was plenty talented players, but most of it had been with the team 4 years or more. My point is that we had soft drafts in 12 and 13 and 11 wasn't exactly outstanding. Furthermore the misses were not at positions brimming with talent. Thus far Datone Jones Nick Perry Derek Sherrod Casey Hayward and a number of others picked in those years played at positions of need but never turned into plus players despite ample available playing time.

On the positive I think the young guys we've picked up in the last couple of years will elevate the team but we need to avoid stretches like 11-13 if we're going to win a Super Bowl in the near future. I suspect that that soft period had to do with Eliot Wolf's maturation as Director of Player Personnel. As he has gained experience at his position the drafts have improved. Oh also I think there was a bit of a change in philosophy in terms of drafting. During the buildup to the Super Bowl team of 2010 TT tended to focus more on physically talented high upside types like Rodgers Collins Matthews Finley and Nelson. Post Super Bowl the team seemed more focused on NFL ready high college production players like Mike Daniels Casey Hayward etc. While Daniels turned into a stud for us a lot of the other guys failed to become more than JaGs for us.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts