we still could use a RB

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though the Packers are 10-1, I still think the team lacks depth at RB Sam LBer & SS.

I think the Packers should try & sign Turner, from the Chargers , as another role player on the offense. Grant has played extremely well, but if he gets hurt, B-Jack has shown nothing, Morency has been invisible, & the team really could use a solid RB

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need another RB if for no other reason than we cannot rely on Wynn.

If he toughens up it will be a pleasant surprise, but nobody should expect it.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wynn is on the IR?

Yes. He feels like he doesn't belong it.

I agree we need another RB for depth. I'm sure TT will address this in the off season, as well as another Safety, another TE, and some OL depth.

I think the only things I feel secure about right now are QB, WR, and DL. Everywhere else we could use some depth.

EDIT: I may be overreacting, but 2005 made me paranoid about injuries. I'd hate to see a repeat of that year. I still get nightmares about it. :shock:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes.........having some depth there would be sweet. Hopefully we won't need it. I just don't see anyone that excites me thats available.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bertram said:
Wynn is on the IR?

Yes. He feels like he doesn't belong it.

I agree we need another RB for depth. I'm sure TT will address this in the off season, as well as another Safety, another TE, and some OL depth.

I think the only things I feel secure about right now are QB, WR, and DL. Everywhere else we could use some depth.

EDIT: I may be overreacting, but 2005 made me paranoid about injuries. I'd hate to see a repeat of that year. I still get nightmares about it. :shock:

Right now we are pretty strong at WR though. 5 guys that can really play and catch the ball w/their hands. RB is the one spot I am most worried about. Grant has been great, but after that there is a tremendous drop off.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Morency would do fine as the starter. Last year on 91 attempts he had 421 yards, 4.6 avg and 2 TD. He hasnt got to see the field much at all since he was hurt for like all training camp and im kind of dissapointed but if Grant got hurt I see no reason why he couldnt pick up where he left off last season.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Gado is a free agent again ;)

If Grant goes down.. we will find someone to suit up and play ball..

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imagine that, another running game thread.

j/k, but seriously, we have at least six draft picks to get a good backup for Grant, so we'll see.

Ruvell is a FA at the end of this season. I'd guess he wants to go somewhere that he can play more. K-Rob's one-year deal is up, too.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
j/k, but seriously, we have at least six draft picks to get a good backup for Grant, so we'll see.

Ruvell is a FA at the end of this season. I'd guess he wants to go somewhere that he can play more. K-Rob's one-year deal is up, too.

I think it is in reference to this season yet. Maybe not..

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Morency would do fine as the starter. Last year on 91 attempts he had 421 yards, 4.6 avg and 2 TD. He hasnt got to see the field much at all since he was hurt for like all training camp and im kind of dissapointed but if Grant got hurt I see no reason why he couldnt pick up where he left off last season.

yeah , that is the whole problem w/morency, he can not stay healthy.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

I think it is in reference to this season yet. Maybe not..

no, i meant after this season is over.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Another RB thread?!?1 oh my god, i should spazz out! adajodajdijaihfahflasf

Yeah, I'm sure there's a lot of guys on Green Bay's radar that will get phonecalls if Grant goes down.

Not worried.

Reaction score
Even though the Packers are 10-1, I still think the team lacks depth at RB Sam LBer & SS.

I'd say we lack depth at LB period.

Our top back-up is special teams ace Tracy White. :shock:

Hodge had potential, but with his knee problems you just don't know if he can ever be the same.

Bishop can hit, but he's been inactive an awful lot this year.

So I'd say upgrading our LB talent with a day 1 pick should be something Ted looks into.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah if a player isn't playing at a high level by the end of their rookie year, they won't ever.

what's that? Silly, you say? Hmm....

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

I'd say we lack depth at LB period.

Our top back-up is special teams ace Tracy White. :shock:

Hodge had potential, but with his knee problems you just don't know if he can ever be the same.

Bishop can hit, but he's been inactive an awful lot this year.

So I'd say upgrading our LB talent with a day 1 pick should be something Ted looks into.

Brady Poppinga is strong in defending against the run, but he is a major liability in the passing game. The one thing I have not seen from Brady, that was a strength of his at BYU, is rushing the QB!

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see some mockdrafts have us picking Steve Slaton with the 30th pick.. that would be nice.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:
dhpackr said:
Pack93z said:

have you lost faith in B-Jack?

B-Jack...puhleeeze..

B-Jack is a B-JOKE!

:lol:

in the open field Jackson has a nice swivel in his hips, he just can not hit the hole in the running game.

Keep in mind nobody could hit the running game during the first part of the season because there were barely any holes.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah if a player isn't playing at a high level by the end of their rookie year, they won't ever.

what's that? Silly, you say? Hmm....

Isn't this really Grant's 3rd season in the league? 1 year on IR and 1 year on the PS.

Actually I hope the Packers do look to add some depth to the RB position.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was referring to B-jack being a B-joke

I have no idea how long Grant's been in the league.

Members online

Latest posts