We should trade if ... is available

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who do you guys think would be a player worth trading up for? Ted would have to be in love to do it, especially in this draft, but stranger things have happened.

My vote would be for Berry at #9 or #10.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if Okung isn't available I'd still set my eyes for Bulaga, Spiller or Berry. I'm not sold on players like Campbell or Mcclain just yet.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okung after the 10, CJ Spiller if SF doesn't pick him at 17, McClain, Haden, Berry, Suh after the 15.
If Okung is still there at 10........it would really amaze me.....and would have no problem with the Pack moving up to get him......Haden.....or Suh.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Spiller. Most dynamic back in this draft.

I'm not sure we're going to have to trade up for Haden anymore. Probably will, but he took a tumble after his combine numbers came out. 4.57. Ouch.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spiller. Most dynamic back in this draft.

I'm not sure we're going to have to trade up for Haden anymore. Probably will, but he took a tumble after his combine numbers came out. 4.57. Ouch.
He will still end up being a top ten pick. He has his own pro day coming up I am sure.

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He will still end up being a top ten pick. He has his own pro day coming up I am sure.

Haden will not fall out of the top 10. The tape says it all on him, like Mike Mayock said, you put on his tape and he literally never has a "bad" game.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bulaga might fall after the top 10 but won't make it past the 20th pick. Would it make sense to take him or wait for someone like Charles Brown or Anthony Davis?

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are some good players as always in the top 10, but would you trade this years first/second/and fourth pick for Raji? Raji is good but that would be way over top to get him, much like it would be this year to get into the top 10. I can see the Pack moving up to the 16th or 17th pick this year if a ready to go left tackle where available that had dropped, costing the Pack their first an say 3rd round pick.

I still contend that this is the year to trade down, the 2nd and 3rd rounds are loaded.

REALPackerFan77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The actual problem with drafting Spiller is our line isn't that good. 5 years ago when we had Clifton/Tauscher at Tackle with Rivera and Wahl inside Spiller would've been a no brainer. Now that we have at least 2 holes and possibly 3 to fill on the line Spiller would be a bust for at least his rookie year.

I LOVE the idea of having a guy like Spiller in GB...just not with our line.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The actual problem with drafting Spiller is our line isn't that good. 5 years ago when we had Clifton/Tauscher at Tackle with Rivera and Wahl inside Spiller would've been a no brainer. Now that we have at least 2 holes and possibly 3 to fill on the line Spiller would be a bust for at least his rookie year.

I LOVE the idea of having a guy like Spiller in GB...just not with our line.
I agree..........you can have the best running back that ever walked the earth.........but with a crappy O line.....he will look average.

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And our line isn't super terrible or anything, we still had a 1200+ yard runner. That isn't terrible, its slightly above average, with one addition the line can be pretty good if clifton and tauscher stay healthy.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there is a difference between pass blocking and run blocking, so just because we take a ton of sacks doesnt mean we are bad with run blocking.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I would trade up for spiller if he is there in the late Teens, for the right price. Spiller is the only guy there who has the kind of upside, explosiveness, Play-maker Ability that is worth trading up for. Buluga would be the other guy I would consider, but the price to trade up for him is probably too steep, in all likely hood I'd like to see the packers settle for whoever falls to 23, more than likely Mays.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would trade up for spiller if he is there in the late Teens, for the right price. Spiller is the only guy there who has the kind of upside, explosiveness, Play-maker Ability that is worth trading up for. Buluga would be the other guy I would consider, but the price to trade up for him is probably too steep, in all likely hood I'd like to see the packers settle for whoever falls to 23, more than likely Mays.

With the number of needs that this team has I wouldn't be surprised if TT traded up again. I believe that we are only 2-3 players away from really going to the superbowl. We can trade 7 draft choices for those 3 and get the players that we need. I know it sounds like a massive trade overhaul but with TT you might never know.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
With the number of needs that this team has I wouldn't be surprised if TT traded up again. I believe that we are only 2-3 players away from really going to the superbowl. We can trade 7 draft choices for those 3 and get the players that we need. I know it sounds like a massive trade overhaul but with TT you might never know.

yeah, there is a 100% chance that the packers make some sort of trade on draft day. I wouldnt mind TT trading some of the later picks, or even some of next year's picks to move back into the latse 1st-3rd rounds, there is A LOT of talent in this draft.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not true... Barry Sanders...

Ha...ha...ha... That is funny becasue I thought about Sanders when making my comment. Then I just said to myself...........ok ....there was only one guy........in the last how many players drafted in the last 50 years???? or maybe since the draft existed???

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha...ha...ha... That is funny becasue I thought about Sanders when making my comment. Then I just said to myself...........ok ....there was only one guy........in the last how many players drafted in the last 50 years???? or maybe since the draft existed???
Yeah I know... But if they think Spiller is that guy, that can make something out of nothing... Then they should pick him.

And some people may argue that it's the other way around, that the running back makes the line look good. Jim Taylor is another example.

But you're right, it's the absolute best RBs that this is applied to.

Then again, if they think Spiller would be in that level...

every1else

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely would not mind having Spiller on the Packers. When was the last time we ever had an such an illusive back like that?
But if there aren't any good linemen available at 23 I say we trade down and try and get more picks. I'm just a fan though and have faith in whatever TT does.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely would not mind having Spiller on the Packers. When was the last time we ever had an such an illusive back like that?
But if there aren't any good linemen available at 23 I say we trade down and try and get more picks. I'm just a fan though and have faith in whatever TT does.

I love where your head is at... I want Spiller like Paris Hilton wants a dog in her purse. I just think that it would cost too much to move up to get him and it wouldn't be worth it overall. This might be a draft where Thompsons trading back philosophy will pay off for us.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love where your head is at... I want Spiller like Paris Hilton wants a dog in her purse. I just think that it would cost too much to move up to get him and it wouldn't be worth it overall. This might be a draft where Thompsons trading back philosophy will pay off for us.

It depends on wether it is the .....lets move up and pick Clay Matthews Ted Thompson........or the .........that was some good crack......now lets draft Brian Brohm Ted Thompson.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bulaga if he's available after the top 5. We need to draft the 'heir apparent' at either tackle position.

Members online

Latest posts