1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

We should sign this guy, and it wouldn´t count against the cap

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by captainWIMM, Jan 22, 2014.

1. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,671
    Interesting article about a guy who could really help the Packers:

Continued here: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/31/s...men-redefines-strength.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

• Like Like x 1
  2. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    I agree with ya, some new blood in the water might do some good.....but there are those that will think you are wrong because the hack that we have now has won "awards" for being just so darn good at what he does......... catch that sarcasm.........

3. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +838
    That is a great article and as someone in the profession I agree with a ton of what Turley does. I know there are some coaches where I am at that don't like or don't get what I am doing but I don't have injuries and I have good functional strength that translates directly to the field. I get all kinds of eye rolls when I start new athletes out with the body weight stuff as Turley mentioned he did but I believe in it and its awesome to see that he is doing it at such a high profile place.

I don't need to know what Lovat's program is to know that it is not working. The hamstring epidemic is a direct indication that something is fundamentally wrong with the off program. That award is bs fluff recognition that is given because of team success and in no way reflects any measurable amount of excellence.

There are hundreds of different programs and philosophies out there and I'm sure Lovat's is based on something that has had past success but it is time for a change.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +519
    Don't worry, MM will do a "thorough evaluation" of the strength and training program and nothing will change.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +362
    Since some NFL teams have been out there to look over this program, I have to wonder if the Packers were one of them.
    We will probably never know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    Sadly this. It's painful to experience this kind of denial when you have a glaringly obvious problem and nobody seems interested in making a change.

• Agree Agree x 1