1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

We Need Another Finley Thread

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by HardRightEdge, Mar 5, 2013.

1. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,091
    Love the notion ... but I think his agent would probably be looking at that $11 million number and know full well that he'd never see that paycheck....much the same way that Jennings won't see the end of his contract in Minne.

For the record, I'm a huge fan of the Finley thread that refers to him as "Jerdroppel Paddlehands". The subject line itself is golden. :) It conjured images of a more simple time and place when I first heard of Bill Schroeder being referred to as having "alligator arms".

2. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
  3. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,495
    True...but a lot of contracts are structured that way. He would still collect $14M over the next 2 years ($9M signing bonus + $1M + $4M). I would have to think that would be more than he would get on the open market.

I hope they don't just throw in the towel on this since they lost Jennings. I want Finley back too, but we're paying him about double his market value this year if he keeps the same price tag. Finley has to know this, so we do have some leverage. I'd still rather lessen the hit this year while still finding an opportunity to buy an additional year or two if he breaks out.

4. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,678
    Finley's $3 mil roster bonus is due on Wed. 3/27. It's decision time. Evidently, the deadline to pay the bonus or cut/renegotiate is sometime tomorrow according to JS Online.

If he's paid the bonus he'll assuredly not be released.

This decision will determine whether any further thought should be given to a TE in the first 2 rounds.

5. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,049
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    I'm refusing to participate in JMike threads.

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213
    Now that Finely got his bonus he's coming out with his own line of receiver gloves:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,678
    The dead money cap hit in releasing Finley would have been a mere $500k (1/2 of his $1 mil signing bonus).

Anyway, it looks close to official that there is no renegotiation. He'll play this year on his $8 mil deal and will be a FA after 2013.

9. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,315
    The bad news is the $8M+, the good news is this is a contract year for him. Wilde said today that he and Demovsky have sources with the Packers that said it was either Jennings or Finley so once Jennings signed with the Vikings... Not that this is breaking news - more confirmation of the obvious.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jaekel from LaCrosse

Jaekel from LaCrosse Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Only part of this whole equation that gives me any hope for his level of play next season.

11. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,871
    The full story is the Pack were set to cut him, however, I had just picked him up in our Fantasy Football league, so I sent a few buggies over with the boys, and they explained things to TT.

Not sure why all the hate directed and Finley. He is big, fast, and a huge threat. Yes, he drops catches he should make, but he appears to me to becoming more reliable with the hands. If I were he, I would be spending 4 hrs per day on the jugs machine, or hire a couple of local HS kids to throw me 1,000 passes per day. He is already good, but if he can develop his hands - the sky is still the limit.

Just documenting the irony. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jaekel from LaCrosse

Jaekel from LaCrosse Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agree with your assessment of the possibilities. You see one potential future, while I see the past. FWIW, no hate here, just disappointment so far with his inconsistency. I'll be happy to fix myself a big meal of Corvus Con Queso if he develops pass catching reliability.

13. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Sad part is with ASJ, Fiedo, and Telfer headlining next year's TE class, the market for TE will probably be soft, meaning we probably won't get comp when he leaves. Then again, Walden got paid this offseason.

14. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I haven't seen a few of the posters who are known Finley "haters" post since we learned he'll be around at least another year. Probably on suicide watch. ;)

15. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453

I'm here, I'm here........just cleaning my gun

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    It hurts like hell when you spit soda out through your nose. :roflmao:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    ^ I can't be held liable for any nasal cavity damages.......liability disclaimer version 1.02

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    Yet another season we get to watch Finley drop a bunch of balls and make ignorant comments to the media. Hopefully we draft a TE and are done with him after this season.

Maybe when we get a quality TE the Finley apologists will realize how overrated he really is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    At least it's only for one year. Now he can either put up or shut up in a contract year.

20. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213
    Oh I'm here...just posted his new line of gloves above. Hopefully he at least learns to keep his mouth shut this year, but I seriously doubt that's going to happen.

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    C'mon guys, haven't you seen all the threads and posters praising the Lord ..aka Ted Thompson. Ted Knows what he is doing!! His mistakes are rarer than hens teeth!! Finley will set the League on fire in 2013. In Ted We Trust, and don't you forget it! :)

22. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    (forest gump voice) Brad Jones, and that's all I got to say about that.....

23. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
  24. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    • Funny Funny x 1