We need a QB!!!

whatdyisit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would have been nice to know that Favre was going to retire when we got rid of Corey Williams to Cleveland. We might have been able to work out a deal for Derek Anderson (who was a FA so we could have picked him up anyways) or Brady Quinn.

Maybe we did know and it just wasn't an option. Not having a solid QB behind Rodgers kind of scares me. I have seen him injured too many times as a backup.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ummmm...both Browns QBs would have wanted the starting job here as would Aaron Rodgers. It would have been a bad deal because whichever one did not get to start would have been pissed. I think TT's playing it well for now. I'm sure we'll get someone, but hopefully not Trent Green - one hit and he's done.

There's always Jeff George. ;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
again with the injury prone thing?

he got FREAKING stepped on and broke his foot!! and STILL PLAYED

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would have been nice to know that Favre was going to retire when we got rid of Corey Williams to Cleveland. We might have been able to work out a deal for Derek Anderson (who was a FA so we could have picked him up anyways) or Brady Quinn.

Maybe we did know and it just wasn't an option. Not having a solid QB behind Rodgers kind of scares me. I have seen him injured too many times as a backup.

it would have been nice of Favre to let TT know what he was doing in January but maybe he did, who knows?

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whats the betting MM brings Aaron Brooks in, hes got huge manlove for him.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
again with the injury prone thing?

he got FREAKING stepped on and broke his foot!! and STILL PLAYED

Yeah, getting 2 freak injuries makes him injury prone. :roll:

It's not as if he has chronic knee issues or elbow issues or something. I love when people overreact. It makes me giggle. I love to giggle.

TEE HEE!

grabthar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We might have been able to work out a deal for Derek Anderson (who was a FA so we could have picked him up anyways).

He signed a new contract with the Browns for 3 years at 5:00 AM on the day free agency started. I guess technically, you could say he was a Restricted FA for a total of 5 hours, but realistically he was never a FA. He said he wanted to return to the Browns, it just took a few extra hours to hammer out the contract. He was never really a Free Agent in terms of other teams being able to sign him.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am actually excited for the future. It is time after all these years to give Rodgers a chance. We shall see. :)

yep same here, it hopefully should be one half of the mood on this board together with being nostalgic about Bretts achievements.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DarkaneRules said:
I am actually excited for the future. It is time after all these years to give Rodgers a chance. We shall see. :)

yep same here, it hopefully should be one half of the mood on this board together with being nostalgic about Bretts achievements.

The uncertainty is exciting.

A starting QB not named Favre?!?! How will he do? We'll see.

Get ready for a show.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's time to really get good on D and really establish that O Line for our running game. As long as AR can stay healthy the Pack will be back. However, we need to eliminate the QB pressure to win games with the whole team. We're in need of some DB's for the future and another animal on the DL. Having some extra insurance on the OL is needed too. If AR does not pan out, we need to be ready to insert any serviceable QB with this system in place.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's time to really get good on D and really establish that O Line for our running game. As long as AR can stay healthy the Pack will be back. However, we need to eliminate the QB pressure to win games with the whole team. We're in need of some DB's for the future and another animal on the DL. Having some extra insurance on the OL is needed too. If AR does not pan out, we need to be ready to insert any serviceable QB with this system in place.

I believe AR is more setup for this team.

Favre was always tempted to make the impossible possible with his god-like arm. AR knows he's mortal, and he knows he has talented teammates.

Are you ready?

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Rodgers can escape the pressure that all the QBs who followed Marino were under.

I would like to see a season of Rodgers, but wouldn't mind the Pack pulling off a trade for a veteran QB. I am not sure what he is salary is, but I think Kurt Warner may fit decently on the team.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Brooks might be an option. Experience in McCarthy's system and has worked out for the Packers before. I feel good about Rodgers. Obviously we're more of an unknown but we'll be ok in my opinion.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Rodgers can escape the pressure that all the QBs who followed Marino were under.

You watch any of the games he played in? He has awesome awareness and knows when to run.

He also knows when to throw it away, which I think is the key to the superbowl.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TheKanataThrilla said:

You watch any of the games he played in? He has awesome awareness and knows when to run.

I meant the pressure from the media and the fans.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
TheKanataThrilla said:

I meant the pressure from the media and the fans.

Gotcha.

If things get out of control on that front, he'll just start strangling people with his mustache.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is anyone ready? I'm a PAck fan first, but having AR get hurt, regardless of how freakish of an injury it was still implants a bit of uncertainty in the back of your mind. AR is good and I was impressed with his play in that Dallas game. He obviously can suck it up and play with pain, but this does indeed make us vulnerable at QB.
And please no more Brooks talk. He was cut by the Saints...the Saints!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts