1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Announcement We need a logo...

Discussion in 'Packer Forum Announcements' started by robdog, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    This one's pretty good.

2. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +308
    Definitely not bad. Should we make the "packerforum.com" bigger?

And should we come up with a tag line?

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    I think the last one is perfect..I would make the football player smaller so it doesnt over power the name

Make the name bigger then too..

Packerforum where where fans become friends

PF when your here your in the know

Packerforum join and you never want to leave

4. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Bravo Gerard!!!! My fave so far!!! It's simple, not a lot of ink used so if you cats were going to print with this, tee shirts somebody mentioned, I'd go with something like this. Some of the more complex designs really shouldn't be used for that, it would drive up production costs (ink!!!! eeek!!!) and thus the price of the product. People may not buy them if they are expensive. I like the complex ones for the web. Also Gerard's design would be easy to shrink or blow up, it would transfer well to various media.

I was just playing with this, I don't think it can be used, but it got my juices flowing. Still trying to go basic and simple here! Sorry!

[​IMG]

5. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I dunno about making the player smaller. If you do, just by a small margin, maybe reduce 20% at most. I like the overall balance and composition of the design. My eye goes right to the text, then the threads on the football, to the player. I kind of like the proportions, it works to me in comparison with the other elements of the design. Or maybe work up the text with a cool mouse over if this is going to be used to link. To me the text is good to, good balance and color harmony. Kind of muted, un-saturated.

6. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983

Can you take the name and warp it under his feet, so it matches how chandler youth football is warped?

I dont know if it will look like crap or like a star..But like to see it

[​IMG]

7. Gerard

Gerard Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    I tried warping it originally, but ultimately liked the straight feel better. I'll defintely try out a few other things for you though, when I get a chance. Probably won't be til at least after the Pack beats the Queens Sunday Night...

8. Gerard

Gerard Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Alright, so I was having trouble sleeping, so I made some updates to stuff that was bothering me. I changed the spacing on the text, made it larger, and added gradiants on the text and threads to make the colors pop a little better. I noticed you were trying to think of slogans, so I also added a spot for that. My slogan is nothing definite, just a placeholder (unless you love it haha).

[​IMG]

Unfortunately I could not get a curve that I thought looked good longtime, so I think I'll stick with this...

NOTE: I think "Forum of Champions" might sound better, but I don't feel like re-uploading everything right. Thanks for all the kind words I've already received and let me know what you think...

EDIT: I just read that you were thinking of putting this on shirts and stickers, if that's the case it might be better for me to drop the shadow and outline on the player silhouette. Here is what that looks like...and honestly, I'm kind of feeling this one.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    I think that last one is fantastic. Well done!

10. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I'm feelin the 2nd option in post #33, Gerald! I like it better without the shadow, (yellow outline). That shadow might work depending on the color of the tee but it's always good to have a copy without it too! Logo would look good on green, gold, or white background. Maybe black too..... You have my rose! :give_rose:

For a non designer you are pretty darn good! You have good instincts and respect for composition. You may want to consider furthering this, even if just for a hobby!

I'm not much of a logo person, myself, I know what I like in one but I'm not all that great in designing it. I think I'll stick to my posters and promo events! The few I came up with are not even worthy of posting! Sorries, LOL! Logos are what Gerards are for!!! :happy0005:

11. chucknorris101

chucknorris101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    I'd think 'Forum of the Champions' might be better. currently it sounds off imo

12. PackerFan87

PackerFan87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    No size requirement? :X It's the G we're replacing right?

13. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    These.

Can we keep the G somewhere though? I like it. I just feel like it needs to be there.

14. Gerard

Gerard Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Well. I think robdog's main reasoning for not wanting the "G" is that he wanted to make shirts/stickers which can get you in trouble with the league if you are using trademark/copyrighted logos...

15. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Yup no images or likeness of Lambeau or the Packers, or the NFL

16. TomHQ

TomHQ Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Motto idea:

"PackerForum.com
    Where Packers fans come in from the cold."

17. Packman Chant

Packman Chant Lambeau West

Ratings:
    +22
    So is there an offical logo yet? Will we get stickers or soemthing so i can put em on stop signs and light poles lmao.. jk.. but hows the logo and stuff going?

18. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +308
    I haven't really dug back into this thread in a little while. However, I am going to be checking through it again this week and putting together some comments.

19. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +280
    I think a great logo would have to Include players stepping up this year...Like Matthews Sac Celebration when he goes all predator style...Rodgers holding his hand up after a score....McCarthy W/ his fist pound locked and loaded....Zombo getting a Sack....Cullen Jenkins playing w/ a Club on his hand....Nick Collins making the crazy looking pick on FavreIf you can capture a montage of this, then you're very talented & got the tools to do so

20. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    ^^^ wont happen

Copyright reasons Packers could sue

21. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    the second logo in post #33 is perfect

22. Bomber

Bomber Clueless but Luvin It

Ratings:
    +13
    Cherry St

I took the following paragraph from the Birth of a Team section in the Packers website:

"On Aug. 11, 1919, a score or more husky young athletes, called together by Curly Lambeau and George Calhoun, gathered in the dingy editorial room of the old Green Bay Press-Gazette building on Cherry Street and organized a football team. They didn't know it, but that was the beginning of the incredible saga of the Green Bay Packers."

In tribute to the location we were founded I was thinking something along the lines of this (apologies for the crudeness - I did it with ms paint):

Attached Files:

23. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,427
    That's not bad at all for Microsoft Paint, bro! I like the history behind it, something not everybody would know but would alas, spark curiosity and interest. I'm rather feelin it!!!

24. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Motto ideas, maybe I can help with that, I like to write and I'm not the best at logo design.

"Packerforum.com, where heart, soul and football intertwine"

"Packerforum.com, We bleed green and gold"

"Packerforum.com, Packer Nation 24/7"

"Packerforum.com, Your Football Family"

"Packerforum.com, Faith. Family. Packers"

25. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    Im sorry I cant help it but thats so funny!

HAHAH!

I wouldnt do any better myself but omg!