We Control Our Own Destiny

Reaction score
2 wins and we are in. Lions lost on a 61 yard field goal by the Ravens kicker. I truly can't believe all the pieces are falling our way (disregarding injuries and refs obviously).

The playoffs start next sunday, and this season is beginning to eerily look like 2010.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I'll admit I had heavy doubts and I still do. I thought Dallas was going to be where it all ended if not I thought with how bad the Ravens have been that they would have lost to Detroit at home tonight.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Against the Steeler Mathews stays on Big Ben all day.... Then we run the ball right into them. We control the game and
ben off the field.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 wins and we are in. Lions lost on a 61 yard field goal by the Ravens kicker. I truly can't believe all the pieces are falling our way (disregarding injuries and refs obviously).

The playoffs start next sunday, and this season is beginning to eerily look like 2010.

The main thing that tempers any enthusiasm I have about this comparison is that the defense of 2013 is not in the same league as the defense the Packers had in 2010. Not in the same universe.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Against the Steeler Mathews stays on Big Ben all day.... Then we run the ball right into them. We control the game and
ben off the field.

I like your optimism PEZ, but a couple things: CM3 has not gotten much pressure all year...... and the bengals have a better D line than us and they didnt really get to big ben, he had a good clean pocket for most of the game. I think it will be a low scoring game and come down to a late FG to determine the winner.

Simms87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anyone would have told us 2 weeks ago, we're in with 2 wins in week 16 and 17, nobody would have believed it. Let's use this opportunity the lions gave us. Just 2 wins, get it!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We didn't even control our own destiny in 2010 at this point. We needed some miracle help elsewhere.

I like our chances against Pittsburgh.

Clay Matthews is the man, but he's not himself.... he kinda favors one leg when he walks. Is it that hammy? Or a knee?
Can't tell, but I watched him walking around and can see him favoring a side.... reminds me of my with by bad right hip from Sciatica ......

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The main thing that tempers any enthusiasm I have about this comparison is that the defense of 2013 is not in the same league as the defense the Packers had in 2010. Not in the same universe.
Our defense was actually pretty decent before Rodgers got hurt. Not sure what happened when he went down but something did. They are waking up in the turnover department and any time you can produce turnovers and score on offense, you're in the game.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just like 2010? Crazy that we will be playing the Bears for a playoff spot in week 17 just like our Super Bowl run... if we win next week.

I didn't even think of that. Difference is if we get in, we won't be meeting the Bears in the NFCC this time.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be dreaming of a Super Bowl all the way, but not expecting it regardless of how 2010'ish this seems.

I thought 2003 was a team of destiny. Favre's MNF performance after his dad's death, the Cardinals stunning comeback down 17-6 with 2 minutes left to win it when McCown hit Poole in the endzone as time expired to win us the division, Al Harris' overtime pick 6 in the playoffs, it look like we were destined. Then...4th and 26.

The 2010 team was a glorious ride, but they flat out went out and earned every bit of it. This team will have to do the same if they want the same result.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I will be dreaming of a Super Bowl all the way, but not expecting it regardless of how 2010'ish this seems.

I thought 2003 was a team of destiny. Favre's MNF performance after his dad's death, the Cardinals stunning comeback down 17-6 with 2 minutes left to win it when McCown hit Poole in the endzone as time expired to win us the division, Al Harris' overtime pick 6 in the playoffs, it look like we were destined. Then...4th and 26.

The 2010 team was a glorious ride, but they flat out went out and earned every bit of it. This team will have to do the same if they want the same result.
This. We haven't even made playoffs yet.

Members online

Latest posts