We came up short but the future is golden

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will be back. Sucks to lose but winning the superbowl is not an easy task. We will be a better team next season. Our defense was poor this season, I think we were lucky to go 15-1. And as you say, the future looks bright, we have talent and A great GM.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get ourselves a good pass rushing DE or DT and a good OLB, plus a solid DB will make this team significantly better almost immediately. Then whatever else we can get in the draft as good future prospects.

A good draft and maybe a choice FA and we'll be a force to be reckoned with again next year.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Right now I just want to crawl into a hole for a few days and lick my wounds. But I keep thinking, even thought we lost, we didn't lose because someone outplayed us. We lost because we played Crappy.

Even though we came up short, this year has been one hell of a glorious year starting with run to the Championship. We have had 17 weeks we could thump our chests. Our QB will be the MVP. Some other team will have bragging rights this year, but our run is not over. Lombardi did not win every year.

We have almost our entire offense coming back next year save for a couple of postitions that are already accounted for. The young guys will be better. With a little luck Nick will be back and in form. Ted will have the offseason to fill in those few spots on the D that we need to take our D back to dominance.

In these Dark days put on your shades cause the future is bright.:cool:
Can I use that line over on my Vikings forum? Sums up our whole season. The Packers defense played crappy like it has all year. The offense finally had a bad day. The other team played better. So yeah they outplayed you.

Acceptance is the one of the steps of getting over grief.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan Grant is history. All we did by having a good regular season and getting ransacked in our ONE playoff game is earn a terrible draft pick. that game was a complete embarrassment.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I like your positive outlook, but don't think for one second that we didn't get outplayed.

Giants played their best game of the year. Packers offense played their worst of the year. Our guys simply aren't going to have another 8 drop/5 fumble game for a very, very long time. If just half of those drops and fumbles didn't happen, chances are good we would have won. If that falls to say 2 drops and 1 fumble, I don't think there's any way we lose. Losing a playoff game doesn't mean we have to start from scratch. We need a pass rusher (luckily, this year's draft is particularly rich in them) and a safety. We need a safety (hopefully that will still be Collins). Offense doesn't NEED anything, but there are a couple areas that could be bolstered there.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ryan Grant is history. All we did by having a good regular season and getting ransacked in our ONE playoff game is earn a terrible draft pick. that game was a complete embarrassment.

Our draft position will be fine. There are quite a few good pass rushers in this draft and without a doubt one of them will be there when we pick. (I'd like to have Upshaw or Mercilus.)

wesdog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont think we watched the same game
Giants played their best game of the year. Packers offense played their worst of the year. Our guys simply aren't going to have another 8 drop/5 fumble game for a very, very long time. If just half of those drops and fumbles didn't happen, chances are good we would have won. If that falls to say 2 drops and 1 fumble, I don't think there's any way we lose. Losing a playoff game doesn't mean we have to start from scratch. We need a pass rusher (luckily, this year's draft is particularly rich in them) and a safety. We need a safety (hopefully that will still be Collins). Offense doesn't NEED anything, but there are a couple areas that could be bolstered there.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently not. Those 8 drops would have resulted in: 5 definite first downs, 2 probable first downs, and one probable TD.
I'm with you GreenBlood. Toss in there AR missing a wide open Jennings for a TD, and you have a much different game. Now I cant say it was all on us, or that NYG played so well they forced us into making mistakes. The turnovers is completely on us, though.

wesdog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you go to never dropping the ball to all first downs and then win the game thats sweet you get the stadium ready. I will let the giants know not to go to the west coast.

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the Pack wont be worth a damn next year unless they get the defense together or players on that defense.

Any idiot can pass for 300 yards a game in the league now. The Pack ended up being another finesse team that got exposed by a coach who played them already.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm with you GreenBlood. Toss in there AR missing a wide open Jennings for a TD, and you have a much different game.

Sorry, but have to put that one on Jennings. When he slipped the zone, he turned to the inside, where the Giants had safety help. Rodgers threw to the outside, where it was clean sailing. Oh well.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
you go to never dropping the ball to all first downs and then win the game thats sweet you get the stadium ready. I will let the giants know not to go to the west coast.

Some how I doubt the giants care what you have to say.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
the Pack wont be worth a damn next year unless they get the defense together or players on that defense.

Any idiot can pass for 300 yards a game in the league now. The Pack ended up being another finesse team that got exposed by a coach who played them already.

If they hold on to the ball (drops and fumbles), they probably win that game. It has nothing to do with "being exposed."

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they hold on to the ball (drops and fumbles), they probably win that game. It has nothing to do with "being exposed."

LOL the Pack defense was obviously exposed only winning by 3 the last time and NY took full advantage of that on Sunday.

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Bottom line is, we are a VERY young team with a HUGE amonunt of talent and we have a bevy of draft picks comming up. You change just two things in the D and it is in the top five instead of 32. Collins is back and we get to the passer. It's not that our pass defense is porus, we have alot of talent in that backfield, Woodson, Williams, Shields,Burnett are all top notch but no one can cover if the QB is give all the time he needs to look over the field.

Get a Pass rush and that secondary will look a whole lot better. Whats exciting is that our O is coming back pretty much intact with a whole offseason for the young bucks. Improve the D and Fear the Reaper. Let the G men enjoy thier victory, think back to the Pats of the early 2K's.

We are just starting our run.

GO PACK!!!!!!

Hype

Cheesehead
Reaction score
one step fwd...2 steps back....

like the Pats of the 2000s...SB 45 will not be our last SB appearance this decade

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, whatever you say, pal.

whats hard to understand about that being a factor ? The Giants coaching staff was obviously better in this instance. And learned to adjust from the previous game. It wasnt just the Pack dropping its own balls all over, they were outplayed on all sides.
and while defense does not literally win championships , having a low ranked one is no help either.

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well you seem more optimistic than other fans I talked to in person and other sites. One guy I talked to said Cobbs should be fired and Cobb and Finley, I actually registered here to see what other Packer fans were saying esp. those from Greenbay.(I used to post here a long time ago but I forgot my login)....I wanted to see if others were saying the same...It seems you guys are more optimistic.

well I don't know, its blatantly obvious the Defense is lacking, even last season I always said this was a problem. The crazy part is the Packs won the Superbowl because of Defense, IMO at least.

BTW, that pic is epic man!!

Bottom line is, we are a VERY young team with a HUGE amonunt of talent and we have a bevy of draft picks comming up. You change just two things in the D and it is in the top five instead of 32. Collins is back and we get to the passer. It's not that our pass defense is porus, we have alot of talent in that backfield, Woodson, Williams, Shields,Burnett are all top notch but no one can cover if the QB is give all the time he needs to look over the field.

Get a Pass rush and that secondary will look a whole lot better. Whats exciting is that our O is coming back pretty much intact with a whole offseason for the young bucks. Improve the D and Fear the Reaper. Let the G men enjoy thier victory, think back to the Pats of the early 2K's.

We are just starting our run.

GO PACK!!!!!!

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^^
I meant to say that a fan I talked to said Capers, Cobbs and Finley should be let go..I said Cobbs twice.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers will be fine but it won't just happen. They need to improve the defense dramatically next year and there's no two ways about it. We need a pass rush that can put pressure on the QB without having to blitz the house. If Nick Collins doesn't come back we will also need to get a high caliber DB. That's 3 major upgrades needed in the offseason. 2 of them we can hopefully get in the draft.

As I see it the Pack needs to get the following in the off-season either by draft or FA: OLB, DE, OT, DB.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Apparently not. Those 8 drops would have resulted in: 5 definite first downs, 2 probable first downs, and one probable TD.
And anything after that is just a "what if". Change anyone of those plays and every play afterwards changes. So they catch one of those passes, on the next play Rodgers could have been stripped sacked, throw an interception or throw a TD. And then every play after that one changes. It's a slippery slope that you can never grab hold of. Every play for both teams. And in the long run, it could have made the game worse for the Packers, just as much as it could have made it better. Only those that can move in dimensional space know for sure.

Members online

Latest posts