We came up short but the future is golden

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Right now I just want to crawl into a hole for a few days and lick my wounds. But I keep thinking, even thought we lost, we didn't lose because someone outplayed us. We lost because we played Crappy.

Even though we came up short, this year has been one hell of a glorious year starting with run to the Championship. We have had 17 weeks we could thump our chests. Our QB will be the MVP. Some other team will have bragging rights this year, but our run is not over. Lombardi did not win every year.

We have almost our entire offense coming back next year save for a couple of postitions that are already accounted for. The young guys will be better. With a little luck Nick will be back and in form. Ted will have the offseason to fill in those few spots on the D that we need to take our D back to dominance.

In these Dark days put on your shades cause the future is bright.:cool:

Reaction score
True! Unfortunately, I thought the future was now like many other fans. The bright side is that we can go into the draft to lick our wounds and heal the needs the Packers need. We can go back in next year looking just as bright as the 2011 season.

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like your positive outlook, but don't think for one second that we didn't get outplayed. The Giants handled us with ease and made our prolific offense look like JV football. We made many costly mistakes, but Eli outplayed Rodgers and the Giants defense outplayed our defense.

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I like your positive outlook, but don't think for one second that we didn't get outplayed. The Giants handled us with ease and made our prolific offense look like JV football. We made many costly mistakes, but Eli outplayed Rodgers and the Giants defense outplayed our defense.
Like I said, we had a bad game.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You gotta take advantage of the opportunities that you have. A 15-1 season shouldn't end with a one-and-done playoff. Lots of Packers fans thought the future was still golden after February 1998 and that more trips to the SB were in store for Favre and company....

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
You know the song, "So You Had a Bad Day" and the commercial of the devasted people after their team lost in the playoffs? I relate especially to the girl crying in her car with mascara rolling down her cheeks. LOL!!! I've had that song in my head all day.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers still have one of the youngest rosters in the league and the (soon-to-be) reigning MVP. If the team adds to the defense in the offseason, another 15-1 is there. Next year, the Packers play the NFC West (4-0/3-1) and the AFC North (4-0/3-1). The Packers future is very bright!

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"But I keep thinking, even thought we lost, we didn't lose because someone outplayed us. We lost because we played Crappy."

Stopped reading here. Come on man give credit where credit is due Giants ***** us

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's a combination of both.
WRs dropped passes. Fumbles etc.
And at the same time the Giants outplayed us.
We played bad and the Giants played better.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I think it's a combination of both.
WRs dropped passes. Fumbles etc.
And at the same time the Giants outplayed us.
We played bad and the Giants played better.
The Giants outplayed us BECAUSE we played like crap. I think the outcome would have been different IF our regular team had showed. A minute late and a dollar short I guess.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will be major contenders for the Super Bowl next season, and I just hope the Giants come back to Lambeau in the playoffs again just to see Eli & the Giants get crushed. They are so overrated.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As they say "The Future is now" A 15-1 team with the top seed should not have gone away so easily. Unless a lot of defensive needs are addressed and Capers does a better job of coaching them up I see the same outcome in the future.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The future is golden and so are the pants.
At least the Packers have a better color scheme and better looking pants.
Grey? Really? How ugly.

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will be major contenders for the Super Bowl next 10 seasons, and I just hope the Giants come back to Lambeau in the playoffs again just to see Eli & the Giants get crushed. They are so overrated.

I edited that part for you, because I honestly think it's more fitting. This Green Bay Packer team is the twin brother of the New England Patriots of the Tom Brady era. I fully expect nothing less than 3 rings on Aaron Rodgers' finger before his career is up, if not 4. This loss stings but anyone would be foolish to think this young, talented team won't reach the big dance again.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You gotta take advantage of the opportunities that you have. A 15-1 season shouldn't end with a one-and-done playoff. Lots of Packers fans thought the future was still golden after February 1998 and that more trips to the SB were in store for Favre and company....

Here's the thing though. Usually a 8-6 teams doesn't go on a 6 game road winning streak to win the Superbowl. And usually 15-1 teams find their way to the big game. We simply got it backwards.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know the song, "So You Had a Bad Day" and the commercial of the devasted people after their team lost in the playoffs? I relate especially to the girl crying in her car with mascara rolling down her cheeks. LOL!!! I've had that song in my head all day.
GBG, you look better than that Romo-*****, even if you had mascara rolling down your cheeks...

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score

I think it was their fantasy teams losing with those crazy names!! Made me think of you girls trying your hand at it this year.

I felt the same way last night...but today I'm counting my blessings as to what a great run we had! ;)

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I edited that part for you, because I honestly think it's more fitting. This Green Bay Packer team is the twin brother of the New England Patriots of the Tom Brady era. I fully expect nothing less than 3 rings on Aaron Rodgers' finger before his career is up, if not 4. This loss stings but anyone would be foolish to think this young, talented team won't reach the big dance again.

I was hoping they would be. But, the D has to get a lot better and the run game. The Giants in 2007 and now look more like the balanced teams of the Pats dynasty. Last years Packers did too in the playoffs. This years Packers were more like the Peyton Colts in their prime. I hope the Packers do something to improve the D/ run game. I don't want to see Aaron settle for just one ring. He could get multiple MVPs and the Packers could win 12+ games a year but yesterday was an eye opener in some ways.

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the thing though. Usually a 8-6 teams doesn't go on a 6 game road winning streak to win the Superbowl. And usually 15-1 teams find their way to the big game. We simply got it backwards.

True but last years team had way fewer weak spots and was better all around. The offense stumbled a bit early on last year but remember we never trailed by more than 7 and never lost by more than 4! It's the ultimate case of records can be deceiving. We were better than 10-6 last year and not as good as 15-1 this year. Last year the breaks didnt fall our way in the close regular season games, this year they did.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A-Rod will get us too another super bowl we were not out played our o-line did okay it was the w.r.s and t.e.s with dropped ball they hold on you have a game fumbles Grant should have just gotten the first down instead of trying for more yard those are game changers d-line gave manning all day to pass,they did fine in stopping the run and as every one knew it was our pass rush that was going to hurt us and in the end it did. Next year I think they need to get help for the pass rush.

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Good point, that...

The 15-1 season doesn't count for anything in the fall. It's a whole new ballgame.... and another chance for glory, or defeat..

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't believe in blind optimism but IMO Packers fans have solid reasons to be optimistic. The organization, GM and HC are among the best in the league. The roster overall is young and Aaron Rodgers, the best or certainly among the best two or three QBs in the league just turned 28 years-old. Jennings is 28, Nelson is 26, Cobb is 21, and Jones is 27. The core of their passing game is intact and after Jennings is extended next season, they'll all be signed through 2014. Not only that but of the 67 men on the Packers roster, PS, and IR only 6 are age 30 and over.

IMO all an NFL GM can do is position his team to contend for a title. Thompson has done that. Once that's accomplished, things have to fall right toward the end of the season. That's why while I think the Packers will have a chance to go 15-1 next season, I don't care about it. I didn't care about 16-0 this season: All I care about is the Packers making the playoffs and playing their best ball in December and January.

Here's my humble advice to my fellow Packers fanatics: While you are licking your wounds, think of all the fans whose teams are out of the playoffs who would love for their team to be in the position the Packers are in.

Members online

Latest posts