1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

We are truly raising a generation of pansies

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by TOPackerFan, Mar 22, 2006.

1. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  2. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    It's all the plastics in the environment...TO...

...like tupperware..etc...(shrinks the gronadz....hey..i've got a new nickname...TT-gronadz...!!)

by the way...

Jay Mohr's a pansy...
    (who thinks he's a tough guy...Same ilk as Jimmy Kimmel and Adam Corolla..)

3. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Pansies you say? :p

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!! PANSIES!!!!!LOLOLOL!~!! :lol:

5. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I tend to agree re Jay Mohr (especially since he's a Queenies fan), but no home runs in little league and every game being a tie is one of the most idiotic things I've ever read.

6. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    And they are so pretty.

7. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Its all about self esteem and hurting everyones feelings. There are no ways of making someone feel ashamed of themselves anymore. No accountability. :(

8. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    haha i got excited .... (thought it said 'panties')

9. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    oops sorry to get your hopes up zero.

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think it's SO stupid. What does this teach kids? That if you work harder then others, you STILL will only get what those that DON'T try harder. Everything is a "tie?" This is NOT setting them up for REAL life. You will win AND lose some in real life. FALSE self asteem is USELESS! The first time a kid has a boss that tells him/her what to do, they will say "i don't HAVE to.......I'm BETTER then you"............sounds like we are raising a generation of "Terrel Owen'ses!"

11. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Very well said Cheesey.

12. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As a parent I have survived these things and the kids can be so much more blunt than adults it is refreshing.

When scores were not kept or announced every kid in the dugout knew they score and who won. It was important to them.

When a kid on the other team wets his pants in the outfield because the inning went long they did not tease. They were upset that parents might think they were little kids like that kid and not big 8 year olds.

When my intelligent son threw the ball home to get the lead runner for the second out and prevent a score rather than first base the coach had to whisper to him "You made the right play but in this league they want you to thow it to first." Coach was afraid to have the team show to much learning.

When they are old enough to be allowed to keep score the 11 run rule ends the game when a team is ahead by 11 runs or more at the end of a complete inning. If it is getting close the poorest batters are substituted for the best. The kids know why.

End of the year trophies that every kid on every team gets for "participation".

Did you know that major league baseball gets royalties on the Little League uniforms that parents pay for?

All this eventually makes baseball not as fun as other sports and kids play soccer instead.

Coaches tire of dealing with parents, dealing with kids, and dealing with the rules.

Little League is on the decline.

13. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I coached Little League for 7 years and ther is no doubt that the parents are the biggest problem.

I had 2 ways of dealing with bitching parents.

1. Hand him/her the score book and tell them " you are the coach now, you don't like how I do it now it's all yours.
    The inevitable response was one of shock and fear and I would never hear from them again.

2. Ask them how much time they spent playing ball with their kids and talking baseball with their kids.
    Their usual response was, you are the coach that's your job. At that point I would explain that I only had their kid for 3 hours a week and he/she was only 1 0f 14 kids on the team. A parent that is that concerned about their kids baseball skills should be concerned enough to spend at least 7 hours a week playing ball and teaching their kid the game.
    The embarrassing realization that they didn't spend any time with their kid was usually enough to get them off my back.

The kids aren't stupid they know what's going on.

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    First.....thank you PC for the compliment!

Kids don't learn the ways of reality by playing their hearts out for a "participation" trophy. I bowled when i was a teen, and won my first trophy. It was an accomplishment, as i and my team mates were kids, bowling against grown men. It was second place, but meant ALOT to me. If a kid gets a trophy for everything he participates in, they end up meaning nothing. Might as well throw them in the trash. Yes, no one LIKES to lose, but it makes you a better person to expieirience winning AND losing. I have been on both sides. Losing, and when my team won the state championship in 1990 for WTCC bowling. It was a rush i will NEVER forget.

15. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Forgive me, but don't they pull this crap in soccer too? I was always under the impression that this nonsense about not keeping score (it's fun to fun) and everybody getting to play regardless of talent began in youth soccer.

16. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I have played soccer for 20 years. We never had that, I reffed all the way down to 6y/o kids and up to D1 College, never seen it. Maybe they do it in the kindergarten leagues or something, haven't seen it in club or school ball.

17. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was thinking youth leagues 7-12 year old kids.

18. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Some parents we have these days.

19. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You'll always be my pansy, Packerchick! :wink:

20. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead