Way Too Early Roster Prediction

GreenReign

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB: Aaron Rodgers, Jordan Love

Pretty straight forward, I think the FO will work things out with Rodgers, and it will be business as usual.

HB: Aaron Jones, AJ Dillon, Kylin Hill, Patrick Taylor Jr.

Another pretty straight forward positional group. This is the 4 I see us taking into the regular season. We could also see 3. But we may want to ease Hill into the fold.

WR: Devante Adams, Allen Lazard, Marques Valdez-Scantling, Amari Rodgers, Devin Funchess, Reggie Begleton

I think we carry 6 WR this year. I think it comes down to Begelton and an UDFA rookie for the final spot.

TE: Robert Tonyan, Mercedes Lewis, Josiah Degura, Dominique Dafney

I think we move on from Sternberger unless he shows vast improvement during camp.

OT: David Bakhtiari, Billy Turner, Cole Van Lanen, Yosh Nijman

OG: Elgton Jenkins, Lucas Patrick, Royce Newman, Jon Runyan

C: Josh Meyers

I think this is a pretty solid OL grouping, the only question is rather we carry 8 or 9. That will ultimately determine Nijman's fate.

DL: Kenny Clark, Kingsley Keke, Dean Lowry, TJ Terrell, Tyler Lancaster, Anthony Rush

Another straight forward positional group. I think it will come down to Rush and Lancaster for the final spot

EDGE: Za'Darious Smith, Rashan Gary, Preston Smith, Jonathan Garvin, Tiba Galiea

This is one area where I think we need some depth at, the final spot will come down to Ramsey And Galiea. However, of anything happens to one of the Smith's or Gary we're in trouble from a rotational standpoint.

LB: Kemal Martin, Kris Barnes, Isaiah McDuffie, Oren Burks

Burks makes it based on his ST ability. But having McDuffie prevents Burks from seeing the field on defense.

Safety: Darnell Savage, Adrian Amos, Christian Uphoff, Vernon Scott

I can easily see Uphoff making the final 53, same with Scott. This will be one of the more contester roster battles in camp, same with CB.

CB: Jaire Alexander, Kevin King, Eric Stokes, Shamar Jean-Charles, Chandon Sullivan, Kedar Hollman

I honestly don't see a way for Jackson to sneak his way onto the roster this season. I think we look to trade him, if not then he will end up getting cut.

K: Mason Crosby
P: J.K. Scott
LS: Joe Fortunato

I think Fortunato beats out Bradley for the LS job, especially after Bradley's performance left a bit to be desired last season.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoping you meant Tedarrel Slaton instead of TJ Terrel?? Don't think GB has ever kept 2 DL's over 350 lbs (Rush is listed at 360). That would be a beefy goal line DL!!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoping you meant Tedarrel Slaton instead of TJ Terrel?? Don't think GB has ever kept 2 DL's over 350 lbs (Rush is listed at 360). That would be a beefy goal line DL!!

Slaton is 330 presently and has stated his goal is to be a touch lighter coming into camp.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very early stab at it, I place the number kept in 2020 initially:

QB - 2: Rodgers and Love (3)
RB - 4: Jones, Dillon, Hill, Williams (4)
TE - 4: Lewis, Tonyan, Deguara, Sternberger (4)
WR - 6: Adams, Funchess, MVS, Lazard, Rodgers, EQSB
OL - 9: Bahk, Jenkins, Turner, Meyers, Patrick, Runyon, Newman, Nijman, Van Lanen (9)

DL - 5 - Clark, Lowry, Keke, Slaton, Rush (5)
ILB - 4 - Martin, Barnes, McDuffie, Burks (4)
OLB - 5 - ZSmith, PSmith, Gary, Garvin, Kemp (5)
CB - 6 - Jaire, King, Stokes, Hollman, Jean-Charles, Sullivan/Samuels/Ento* (6)
S - 5 - Amos, Savage, Scott, Uphoff, Redmond (5)

K - Crosby
P - Scott
LS - Bradley

*My favorite position battle that I think we viably have 6 or so guys battling for spots 4,5,6 at CB.

Keep one less QB (if Rodgers returns) than in 2020, and one more WR. I think the guys most likely to not make cut I show making it is EQSB, Dexter Williams, Sternberger, Van Lanen and Kemp.

Kemp is my UDFA darkhorse to make it along with Uphoff - both offer a different style of play at each of their respective spots that I think might intrigue Barry on how to utilize them even if that is geared more towards 2022 thoughts.

Lancaster, Sullivan, Summers and Jackson are four guys I don't think make it in 2021. I'd be looking for some very bottom barrel trade partners willing to do a say 7th round conditional on their playing time or cut them honestly. You might be able to get a conditional 6th on Jackson given his youth and a better fit could do him well.

Here is a spin/take - at WR, if MVS illustrates how he ended 2020 is who he is rolling into and Funchess shows up rejuvenated, I could see a world in which Lazard gets traded. Very solid #2/#3 level type WR with good size and cheap for the team acquiring him. This to me hinges on what the team truly feels they have in Malik Taylor, EQSB and Funchess - all three of them would be MUCH cheaper to give future contract years to than Lazard will be IMO. Should MVS and Rodgers be everything the hope and desire is, I think Lazard's role can be achieved through cheaper future options and replaced much easier than a guy like MVS and what he provides. This would enter the 2022 season with hopefully an extended Adams, MVS extended, Rodgers and probably a signed EQSB or Malik Taylor + FA/Draftees. Another spin would be perhaps if team loses Aaron, Davante doesn't want to sign extension here - leaving Green Bay easily capable of signing Lazard, MVS and another even past 2021 and look to 2022 draft for another top flight outside WR.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope that Green Bay's front office lets all of you know if they cut any of these guys, so that a year from now your feelings aren't hurt!

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB: Aaron Rodgers, Jordan Love

Pretty straight forward, I think the FO will work things out with Rodgers, and it will be business as usual.

HB: Aaron Jones, AJ Dillon, Kylin Hill, Patrick Taylor Jr.

Another pretty straight forward positional group. This is the 4 I see us taking into the regular season. We could also see 3. But we may want to ease Hill into the fold.

WR: Devante Adams, Allen Lazard, Marques Valdez-Scantling, Amari Rodgers, Devin Funchess, Reggie Begleton

I think we carry 6 WR this year. I think it comes down to Begelton and an UDFA rookie for the final spot.

TE: Robert Tonyan, Mercedes Lewis, Josiah Degura, Dominique Dafney

I think we move on from Sternberger unless he shows vast improvement during camp.

OT: David Bakhtiari, Billy Turner, Cole Van Lanen, Yosh Nijman

OG: Elgton Jenkins, Lucas Patrick, Royce Newman, Jon Runyan

C: Josh Meyers

I think this is a pretty solid OL grouping, the only question is rather we carry 8 or 9. That will ultimately determine Nijman's fate.

DL: Kenny Clark, Kingsley Keke, Dean Lowry, TJ Terrell, Tyler Lancaster, Anthony Rush

Another straight forward positional group. I think it will come down to Rush and Lancaster for the final spot

EDGE: Za'Darious Smith, Rashan Gary, Preston Smith, Jonathan Garvin, Tiba Galiea

This is one area where I think we need some depth at, the final spot will come down to Ramsey And Galiea. However, of anything happens to one of the Smith's or Gary we're in trouble from a rotational standpoint.

LB: Kemal Martin, Kris Barnes, Isaiah McDuffie, Oren Burks

Burks makes it based on his ST ability. But having McDuffie prevents Burks from seeing the field on defense.

Safety: Darnell Savage, Adrian Amos, Christian Uphoff, Vernon Scott

I can easily see Uphoff making the final 53, same with Scott. This will be one of the more contester roster battles in camp, same with CB.

CB: Jaire Alexander, Kevin King, Eric Stokes, Shamar Jean-Charles, Chandon Sullivan, Kedar Hollman

I honestly don't see a way for Jackson to sneak his way onto the roster this season. I think we look to trade him, if not then he will end up getting cut.

K: Mason Crosby
P: J.K. Scott
LS: Joe Fortunato

I think Fortunato beats out Bradley for the LS job, especially after Bradley's performance left a bit to be desired last season.

Ok 2 things I disagree with. 1.) OG depth. NO WAY is Lucas Patrick a starter if we're keeping 1 Center. I think he's a backup at all interior OL positions this year. 2.) I think we cut Burks, and as much as I love the kid I think Summers is either cut or becomes the 'special teams' guy.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope that Green Bay's front office lets all of you know if they cut any of these guys, so that a year from now your feelings aren't hurt!

Why would someone's feelings be hurt if they guessed a 53 man roster vastly too early? LOL

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not think D.Williams makes the team. With special teams in mind I keep M. Taylor over either Funchess or EQB once they actually see Funchess on the practice field. Again because of special teams I believe both Burks and Ramsey survive and yes Summers is gone in the numbers game.

I like the low level trade attempt. I would see what I could get for not only Jackson but Lowery (if your UDFA hunch is correct) as well as Sternberger. I could see Dafney as ST/ 4th TE.

Members online

Latest posts