1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Watching the Replay

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by warhawk, Oct 17, 2007.

1. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    It's off week so here is a quiz for you.

I watched the replay and nothing jumped out that I missed watching it live until the third down play after Jones' TD was called back.

On second and seventeen(after the holding penalty) Favre threw for fourteen yards and it was third and three.

On the third and three he tried to thread one in there to Jennings and Brett was actually lucky the ball didn't get picked.

The QUESTION IS: What did you see that happened on that play that after watching it again would make you say OMG?!!

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    The pitch hand off seemed to work better then the "telegraphed" hand off Brett normally does

when there was a nice little crease, Wynn and VM were bale to break thru it

3. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,477
    just saw the Lee catch again..If he would have slanted to the sideline, Jennings could have blocked the guy and he would have scored..

4. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I liked seeing that quick toss as well. I am talking about what you saw on that 3rd down play when Brett fired it in there incomplete to Jennings.

HINT #1: Something was missed that would have easily kept that drive going. It was so right there I put my hands on my head and said OMG!

5. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    You are CLOSE because it involves one of these guys but on the third down play.

6. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,477
    well I passed that part already, and cant rewind it..So what was it

7. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Hint #2: After the play the camera on Favre has him looking down field and kind of shrugging as if he was looking at Jennings and saying "oh well" but I think now it was not Jennings he was jestering too.

8. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    OK, Longtime, just for you.

Lee was WIDE OPEN in the middle of the field moving left with no one within TEN YARDS of him.

What I found so amazing is he was basically in the path of Favre's line of sight when he threw it to Jennings.

He get's to the ten yard line before anyone touches him if Brett sees him there. He was as open as Jennings was on the pick only difference was Lee was about fifteen yards away and not way down field.

I think that's who Brett was looking at and gave a shrug to after the play as if he was saying " I missed you on that one."

I never saw it live and after seeing it on replay last night I am surprised the broadcasters didn't pick it up.

9. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,477
    Is that the same play Brett was talking to Jennings on the way to the sideline?

10. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,477
    the long balls brett was throwing seemed to have no zip on them and to much air maybe..

The one int that broke the int record really seemed to just float..Wonder if the rain was a problem for him

11. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    It was the third and three when we then kicked the field goal.

What was weird was Lee was on that side where Brett threw it. Not like he was looking in another direction completely.

12. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The wet, plus his ankle was bothering him so he couldn't push off as well, and I bet his right arm was hurting after that DT landed on him with his arm pinned beneath on the fumble early on.
    'Course he isn't going to use those as "excuses" after the game.

13. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,477
    When the pack had the ball with 5 or 6 mins to go, Wynn got 12 yards on 2 straight carries..