1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

watching packer games (not in wisconsin)

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by justin22885, Aug 11, 2009.

1. justin22885

justin22885 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    well, heres my problem, i do not live in wisconsin.. i was born there, grew up there, and ive always been a packer fan, but now im in new york, and i dont feel like paying directv $300 for every game in the nfl when i only care to see the packer games... just so directv can use that money to further tighten their stranglehold on their monopoly of NFL sports programming....

so does anyone know of any other solutions? perhaps a free-to-air satellite tv channel that will show the packer games each week? perhaps a website of a network that shows the games?.. im even willing to pay a little bit to be able to watch them clearly, and reliably...

2. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +327
    Going to be tough unless you want to pay for DirecTV and the Sunday Ticket. Otherwise the best solution is to try and find a bar that will show the Packer games. Just find one with good food. :)

3. justin22885

justin22885 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    well i can watch it online for free, but the quality can be unreliable...

was hoping to find someone who knows of a free-to-air c-band or ku-band channel i could tune into with some basic free to air equipment and get the games that way...

4. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    I live in Chicago so I actually get a few games here but when I dont I watch on channelsurfing.net

5. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +327
    Let me know if you find a good online solution because I would like to see a couple games that are not available in Southern California.

6. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180

stoogetv.com is AWESOME

7. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    At one time there was a link to a list of sports bars across the country where you could go to see games on the Journal Sentinal web site. I checked today but I couldn't find it. Maybe you could google it?

8. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
  9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,485
    justin.tv is another place to watch

10. DonnieCash

DonnieCash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I live in Orlando, so I just spend all of my Sundays at Buffalo Wild Wings. They have every game playing. Plus they have wings....

11. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180

Yea that is a great place