Watching both Bears game today

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of downloading week 1, and week 2 bears games. I dont know what to expect from this Chicago team. Get back with everyone later this evening on what i saw....

anyone that watched either or both games, please respond about the Bears.

GO PACK.
:chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 119

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the info man! I watched some of the replay vs. Dallas, and they weren't overly impressive. Cutler was very good, though, but his receivers were wide open. He was getting rid of the ball in 3 and 5 step drops. The D was being agressive, but they allowed some big gains...

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know the past 2 weeks they relied on matt forte alot, I think that will be key to whiting down there o.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
The first game was a crapfest with Detroit, both defenses were holding each other at their throats hoping to choke off the offense first but couldn't. It was pretty entertaining though since the Bears had EXCELLENT field positioning most if not the whole game, and would end up punting the ball to the Lions, who wouldn't move the ball. Hell the Lions stuffed the Bears on their 1 yard line 4 times.

In the Cowgirls game, the Bears were starting to get their offense together, while the defense would hold off Romo. I didn't watch much of it, but basically it was like the Detroit game though the Bears offense finally figured out what their job is. The only surprise in that game beside the win, is Cutler threw to a receiver who usually doesn't get the ball, I think TE, in Martz's offense schemes.

I am thinking this may be one of the hardest games this season, both teams are polishing themselves up, and the Bears have come a ways so far this year, and with Peppers and Urlacher on defense I am hoping Rodgers isn't touched.

I am thinking we should start the game with Flynn as our starting QB, have Clay Matthews in the backfield, and have Flynn purposely throw and interception to Urlacher and have Matthews just knock him a hard one. Not that I fear Urlacher or Peppers but Urlacher creates a presence on the field, and without him the Bears D, are pushovers.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you so much!!! I'm going to download G1, so I can watch them beat the Eagle and watch Vick get whacked to my hearts content!!! :)

Edit: I posted this in the wrong thread, I was looking for the one where you cats were talking about downloading games on torrent/ limewire.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched both Bears games and both Packers games. And as much as it sickens me to say it, I watched a Bears team that looked much better than a Packers team.... Ugh, I feel like I need to throw up now...

It's going to be a difficult game to win in Chicago. Especially with our run game being non existent. This running game issue is going to be a bigger deal than people are making it out to be, and MM's "Running back by committee" approach is terrible. Just my opinion of course. That type of scheme works when you have a backfield stacked like BUFFALO or Dallas, but not here in GB. It's pretty apparent that the Packers are going to roll with the personnel that they currently have unfortunately, so I'm hoping this Nance kid proves to be a tough, hard running back like Grant was. Jackson just isn't a feature back.

I've got my fingers crossed but it'll be a tough game with the way we've been playing on offense. Gotta play 4 quarters.

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched both Bears games and both Packers games. And as much as it sickens me to say it, I watched a Bears team that looked much better than a Packers team.... Ugh, I feel like I need to throw up now...

It's going to be a difficult game to win in Chicago. Especially with our run game being non existent. This running game issue is going to be a bigger deal than people are making it out to be, and MM's "Running back by committee" approach is terrible. Just my opinion of course. That type of scheme works when you have a backfield stacked like BUFFALO or Dallas, but not here in GB. It's pretty apparent that the Packers are going to roll with the personnel that they currently have unfortunately, so I'm hoping this Nance kid proves to be a tough, hard running back like Grant was. Jackson just isn't a feature back.

I've got my fingers crossed but it'll be a tough game with the way we've been playing on offense. Gotta play 4 quarters.

Wow seriously a better bears team??? The barely beat the Lions..

Wait and see son. Going to whomp stomp the bears. (Hopeally)

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the cowboys are running with 3 cbs on the roster. naturally a team that favors 4-5 wide out sets will have an inordinate matchup advantage. The lions CBs are the Lions CBs....they have good safeties not much else.

honestly the bears are getting tons of hype for beating the lions, not exactly top caliber competition, and the cowboys, perhaps the most overhyped team in years and one that had a few important injuries.

the only thing im worried about monday night is whether rodgers throws 3, or 4 TDs

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
The analysis i heard is that the cowboys got burned for a td on a blitz ad then stopped blitzing most of the game. This allowed cutler time to rip apart their overrated secondary. Cultr with time good. Cultler with no time bad.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy, I hope you guys are right... I live in Illinois, surrounded by Bears fans at work... Everyone know's I'm the one and only Packer fan (Family is from WI), and I'm gonna have to hear about it FOREVER if we lose to them...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions got screwed so I dont count that as impressive.

Since about week 14 or 15 last season Cutler and turned it around and played great. This is going to be more of a test I feel than anything they have had since they beat Minn last season

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i watched the lions game and there d-line gave bears big time headache,cutler couldn't do anything right the lions well once there q.b was out the bears had a chance my opion next time johnson should pick up the ball that was the killer for the lions,if we can run and they did give up yards i think pack will be ready for this game cutler gets to meet matthews up close and personal .

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
cutler gets to meet matthews up close and personal .

Man, I can't wait for that meeting. LOL. Hopefully he can break another QB. "Break", as in making them look horrible, not injuring them. Even thought I can't stand Cutler, don't want to see anybody injured.

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FINALLY ......Just finished watching both Bears games..
I can say that Cutler is utilizing high percentage dump off passes, hot reads and screen passes. Mike Martz has definitely shown improvement trying to run the ball just enough to keep the defense honest(similar to us). 75% in a 3 WR set with TE and RB. There OL is disastrous. Being the Packers have been zone blitzing. I expect the bears to do lots of 3 step drops, with quick slants and delayed hand offs. I live in Tampa. The Bears run the Tampa 2 defense. They remind me of those real good Tampa defensive teams. Im not saying there as good, they play with lots of emotion, and body's are flying all over the field. Both of there safetys will lay you out cross the middle. Packers will need there fastest guys on defense against this team. I imagine that AJ Hawk will not be playing as much as he did last week. Bears play fast and pack a punch.(no pun intended) I'm really concerned about this game. I hope McChubby uses his offensive teams talent to mix things up, and please be very CREATIVE. If we can get a lead. We should be ok. But if we come out flat like we've been the last 2 weeks on offense and let the crowd get involved. IT COULD BE TROUBLE.

MY PREDICTION

1 2 3 4 F
PACKERS 14 3 3 3 23
BEARS 0 6 3 10 19

GO PACK !

:chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 111
  • images2.jpg
    images2.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 108

Irish-Sweetness

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peppers will pin back his ears agaisnt the no-rush pack.

Wow seriously a better bears team??? The barely beat the Lions..

Wait and see son. Going to whomp stomp the bears. (Hopeally)

Hey Fudgers.

Jahvid Best - who put up 40 FFP last week - got 20 yards rushing against the Bears. The Cowgirls vaunted running game totaled 38 yards at 2 YPC. Good luck with that. We don't have a running game either as it happens, but we won't need it with Air Martz.

Da Bearssssss.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Fudgers.

Jahvid Best - who put up 40 FFP last week - got 20 yards rushing against the Bears. The Cowgirls vaunted running game totaled 38 yards at 2 YPC. Good luck with that. We don't have a running game either as it happens, but we won't need it with Air Martz.

Da Bearssssss.

Won't need it with Air Martz? As in you can just air it out all day with no run game cuz of Martz system? So you are implying that the Packers secondary is only as good as the lions or the cowboys? Ok, please, air it out ALL DAY to a secondary with Woodson, Collins, Williams, and now the new rookie with natural ball skills Burnett. Good luck.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

I dont think Playing the Lions count as a NFL Game. More like playing a Flag Football team. And the Cowgirls were very overrated from the start anyway.

Da Bears have yet to play a quality team.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts