1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Watch out for goon tactics by the Steelers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tromadz, Aug 10, 2007.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I was watching the Hall of Fame preseason opener game last week, and after the Saints finished an offensive play, a Steeler defender came up and knocked him down and pushed his hands in his face,etc.

Now, that happens...guys get all hyped up....

but the thing that worried me, was the new Steelers coach LAUGHED about it, and patted the player on the butt!

Extra hits of any fashion are uncalled for, ESPECIALLY during preseason!

But with the laughing approving coach, and the goony play by the Steelers...It worries me a little bit.

The last thing any of us want to see is Driver or B-Jack get an extra unnecessary hit from some moronic antics.

Hopefully it is an injury free WIN for the Pack...

2. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with ya Trom, and we play some hard hittaz this year in preseason and actually all year, so it should be good for our boys to get used to takin those cheap shots..

But yeah, I expect Coach Tomlin to enact his tough-guy policy and have his players risking injuries on both sides of the field in the name of 'building toughness'. What a joke.

3. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    its very rare a player gets away with a late hit i would expect him to get a letter from the nfl with a fine in

as for the Tomlin laughing about it thats just despicable we will have to be on guard

4. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54
    I've always kinda viewed the Steeler's as "Goony." Don't really know why, but that's just how they seem to me.

5. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

No doubt. Former Vikings staff for ya.

SS LOVEBOAT

Need I say more?

6. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Me too, I don't know why, either. Just ever since I saw Roethlisberger doin the Truffle Shuffle.......

7. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    well not only cheap hits but the Steelers run a 3-4 and blitzed on 9 of there 10 first defensive plays againist the Saints and we can expect to see the same this Saturday i hope it doesnt turn out like the Chargers preseason game last year and our o-line holds up well and Favre finds an open WR because of the blitz.

8. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

So have I...after dealing with Steelers fans (not as much as Eagles fans), the Steelers fans are always the toothless white trash starting fights in bars. There I said it.

9. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    theres a way to deal with it if you ask me.

OUT GOON EM

let it be known to any team we play... we run the Zone blocking system.....
    cut blocking is a major part of it.

you hurt one of ours.... we hurt you.

DONT SCREW WITH THE PACK

10. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't rely on the Packers going tit-for-tat if some "goonyness" is used againest us. Often in the past our players have chosen to ignore dirty plays againest us...why, I'll never know. Maybe they worry too much about penalties, I don't know. But "pansies" in this league can expect to see more intimidation tactics as the year goes on. If a guy can wipe his butt on our goalpost w/o repercussions, or mug one of our players w/o answering for it, we're bound to see more of it.

11. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats the old regime.

Lets see McCarthy,AJ Hawk, Rouse, Woodson allow that stuff...

AINT HAPPENIN!

12. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hawk + Rouse + Barnett + Collins + Culver + Harrell ... i think pitsburgh is going to have a hand full of watching out to do in any quarter

13. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the Pack are in for a thrashing cause Pittsburgh will play into the 2nd quarter and GB won't.

14. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Weird. I've always gotten along with Raider fans, who have a horrible reputation. Yet, Steeler fans I've found to be the worst. I second what you said.

15. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, I had that cross my mind last night, but I'm anxious to see how our back-up safties (Underwood, Bigby, and Rouse in particular) do against starting caliber players. It'd be nice to see them get some extended work in against starters in only the first pre-season game.

16. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    baptism by fire

thats one of the good things about preseason.