Watch out for goon tactics by the Steelers

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching the Hall of Fame preseason opener game last week, and after the Saints finished an offensive play, a Steeler defender came up and knocked him down and pushed his hands in his face,etc.

Now, that happens...guys get all hyped up....

but the thing that worried me, was the new Steelers coach LAUGHED about it, and patted the player on the butt!

Extra hits of any fashion are uncalled for, ESPECIALLY during preseason!

But with the laughing approving coach, and the goony play by the Steelers...It worries me a little bit.

The last thing any of us want to see is Driver or B-Jack get an extra unnecessary hit from some moronic antics.

Hopefully it is an injury free WIN for the Pack...

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with ya Trom, and we play some hard hittaz this year in preseason and actually all year, so it should be good for our boys to get used to takin those cheap shots..

But yeah, I expect Coach Tomlin to enact his tough-guy policy and have his players risking injuries on both sides of the field in the name of 'building toughness'. What a joke.

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its very rare a player gets away with a late hit i would expect him to get a letter from the nfl with a fine in

as for the Tomlin laughing about it thats just despicable we will have to be on guard

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I've always kinda viewed the Steeler's as "Goony." Don't really know why, but that's just how they seem to me.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well not only cheap hits but the Steelers run a 3-4 and blitzed on 9 of there 10 first defensive plays againist the Saints and we can expect to see the same this Saturday i hope it doesnt turn out like the Chargers preseason game last year and our o-line holds up well and Favre finds an open WR because of the blitz.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always kinda viewed the Steeler's as "Goony." Don't really know why, but that's just how they seem to me.

So have I...after dealing with Steelers fans (not as much as Eagles fans), the Steelers fans are always the toothless white trash starting fights in bars. There I said it.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
theres a way to deal with it if you ask me.

OUT GOON EM

let it be known to any team we play... we run the Zone blocking system.....
cut blocking is a major part of it.

you hurt one of ours.... we hurt you.

DONT SCREW WITH THE PACK

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't rely on the Packers going ***-for-tat if some "goonyness" is used againest us. Often in the past our players have chosen to ignore dirty plays againest us...why, I'll never know. Maybe they worry too much about penalties, I don't know. But "pansies" in this league can expect to see more intimidation tactics as the year goes on. If a guy can wipe his butt on our goalpost w/o repercussions, or mug one of our players w/o answering for it, we're bound to see more of it.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't rely on the Packers going ***-for-tat if some "goonyness" is used againest us. Often in the past our players have chosen to ignore dirty plays againest us...why, I'll never know. Maybe they worry too much about penalties, I don't know. But "pansies" in this league can expect to see more intimidation tactics as the year goes on. If a guy can wipe his butt on our goalpost w/o repercussions, or mug one of our players w/o answering for it, we're bound to see more of it.

Thats the old regime.

Lets see McCarthy,AJ Hawk, Rouse, Woodson allow that stuff...

AINT HAPPENIN!

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk + Rouse + Barnett + Collins + Culver + Harrell ... i think pitsburgh is going to have a hand full of watching out to do in any quarter

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DoddPower said:

So have I...after dealing with Steelers fans (not as much as Eagles fans), the Steelers fans are always the toothless white trash starting fights in bars. There I said it.

Weird. I've always gotten along with Raider fans, who have a horrible reputation. Yet, Steeler fans I've found to be the worst. I second what you said.

Reaction score
I think the Pack are in for a thrashing cause Pittsburgh will play into the 2nd quarter and GB won't.

Yup, I had that cross my mind last night, but I'm anxious to see how our back-up safties (Underwood, Bigby, and Rouse in particular) do against starting caliber players. It'd be nice to see them get some extended work in against starters in only the first pre-season game.

Members online

Latest posts