watch "Last day at Lambeau"

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont forget, when he retired from the Jet--His youngest daughter said, no more football, and he said yup, this is for real now..

Then goes to the Vikings..

I like to know what he told her when he wanted to play again? I do know his inner circle have used the excuse, he changed his mind
Fans have the right to do whatever they want as long as they don't break the law. Favre had/has the same opportunity.

It's opinion that he went about it the wrong way. It's opinion about if TT went about it the wrong/right way.

Bottom line, he assisted in bringing consistently respectable NFL football back to GB after a 20 year absence.

The story is old news.

And, common on, he's not in the HOF?

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's amazing is that some people actually feel compelled to "honor" and "show respect" for a guy that did nothing but show he had no honor and no respect for any of us or the team! That's what is amazing!

I worked for a guy a few years ago that was Vice President of sales. He was a great sales person but a world class dckhead. Things he pulled caught up to him and before you know it, he was working part time at Home Depot chasing carts. You think anyone that knew the guy is interested in attending his retirement party? You think his ex-coworkers are all saying, "Well, sure he was a complete POS but he WAS by far our best sales person so we should honor him."

HE## NO! I am just amazed at people that are confused as to why true Packer-TEAM FIRST fans can't stand BrentINT.
Hang on to it--Be bitter. Wonder how Bulls fan feel about Jordan? He retired/unretired, he was a womanizer, he wanted to stick it to Bulls management. Ya think the Bulls fans hate Jordan? No because he won and made other players around him better. Same with Favre.

And I know the Bulls won 5 championships and GB won 1. Irrelevant.

Keep the boos coming!

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hang on to it--Be bitter. Wonder how Bulls fan feel about Jordan? He retired/unretired, he was a womanizer, he wanted to stick it to Bulls management. Ya think the Bulls fans hate Jordan? No because he won and made other players around him better. Same with Favre.

And I know the Bulls won 5 championships and GB won 1. Irrelevant.

Keep the boos coming!

There is zero in common between brent and Jordan. Zero. I love it when Brent FAvint apologists are so simple in trying to defend the POS. In the above posts there are about 50 facts...not opinions.... but facts about things brentint fvefer did that prove, really without a doubt, what a complete POS person he is.

BreNt FrInt is more like Charles Manson than Michael Jordan. Like Charles Manson, despite proving what a complete worthless POS he is and despite all the facts in the world being right in our face, some people still insist Charles Manson is God.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is zero in common between brent and Jordan. Zero. I love it when Brent FAvint apologists are so simple in trying to defend the POS. In the above posts there are about 50 facts...not opinions.... but facts about things brentint fvefer did that prove, really without a doubt, what a complete POS person he is.

BreNt FrInt is more like Charles Manson than Michael Jordan. Like Charles Manson, despite proving what a complete worthless POS he is and despite all the facts in the world being right in our face, some people still insist Charles Manson is God.
Wow! If you take your take your blood pressure meds and look logically at what I said, I think you'll see my post has merit. Favre has more in common with Jordan than Charlie.

Holy cow, do you own a gun?

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow! If you take your take your blood pressure meds and look logically at what I said, I think you'll see my post has merit. Favre has more in common with Jordan than Charlie.

Holy cow, do you own a gun?

I love how you have asked to refrain from the personal attacks, yet that's all you seem to do.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how you have asked to refrain from the personal attacks, yet that's all you seem to do.
Where are the personal attacks? The guy bit my head off for expressing an opinion.

I just asked a question.

He calls me a Favre apologist. I have no desire in apologizing for his approach, his decision making, how he lives his life, etc.. Don't think that's part of my post.

I just said there are parallels between him and Jordan and he rants on me bringing Charles Manson into the dialog. He hates Favre--I get it.

If you want to defend him--Your prerogative.

Thanks.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Fans have the right to do whatever they want as long as they don't break the law. Favre had/has the same opportunity.

It's opinion that he went about it the wrong way. It's opinion about if TT went about it the wrong/right way.

Bottom line, he assisted in bringing consistently respectable NFL football back to GB after a 20 year absence.

The story is old news.

And, common on, he's not in the HOF?

Show me his Canton bust right now.

As I said, its a technicality, but he isnt in the HOF yet..

Will he be, you betcha, but as of right now, he isnt

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Favre fans like OCBP remind me of victims of a con who still haven’t figured out they’ve been conned. They defend Favre to the nth degree while he doesn’t care at all about them.

As documented on this site, Favre fans frequently have trouble with facts. For example, as longtimefan pointed out Favre has not been inducted into any HOF, the Packers or the NFL. He will be, but currently he is not. And Favre went beyond womanizing to embarrass himself, his wife and his family, didn’t he? Or, do you have pictures of Jordan’s ******** along with the ones of Favre’s you no doubt have in your Favre scrapbook? :eek:

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where are the personal attacks? The guy bit my head off for expressing an opinion.

I just asked a question.

He calls me a Favre apologist. I have no desire in apologizing for his approach, his decision making, how he lives his life, etc.. Don't think that's part of my post.

I just said there are parallels between him and Jordan and he rants on me bringing Charles Manson into the dialog. He hates Favre--I get it.

If you want to defend him--Your prerogative.

Thanks.

I'm not attacking anyone. In fact, my comments were less confrontational than most of your posts on this subject where you were telling us all to "get over it"..."done"...bla bla bla. You're downplaying the entire brent issue like it's us life long (Packer first) fans that are all wrong about brent. You pop off about say nothing crap without responding to ANY of the millions of posts telling facts of what a POS he is!

All I'm saying is, I fail to see how any logical person, that's a Packer fan that has all of the facts, would even begin to have the desire to stick up for the POS like you are. Don't tell me your not...cuz you are.

I kind of think the fact that you would actually use something regarding a Chicago sports team as an example probably tells us something. I don't think there's a more pathetic sports fan base on the planet than Chicago and probably not one that is more completely opposite of the great Packer fans base. The fact that you point to Chicago and say "Seeeee, you don't see CHICAGO fans pulling this stuff!... is really very very telling.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not attacking anyone. In fact, my comments were less confrontational than most of your posts on this subject where you were telling us all to "get over it"..."done"...bla bla bla. You're downplaying the entire brent issue like it's us life long (Packer first) fans that are all wrong about brent. You pop off about say nothing crap without responding to ANY of the millions of posts telling facts of what a POS he is!

All I'm saying is, I fail to see how any logical person, that's a Packer fan that has all of the facts, would even begin to have the desire to stick up for the POS like you are. Don't tell me your not...cuz you are.

I kind of think the fact that you would actually use something regarding a Chicago sports team as an example probably tells us something. I don't think there's a more pathetic sports fan base on the planet than Chicago and probably not one that is more completely opposite of the great Packer fans base. The fact that you point to Chicago and say "Seeeee, you don't see CHICAGO fans pulling this stuff!... is really very very telling.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2007 the coaching staff was livid when he quit on the team in the loss to the Cowboys, and his horrible play against the Bears and Giants at the end of the 2007 season sealed his fate with the Packers.
I still trying to figure this out.

He injured his shoulder in the 2007 Cowboys game. It wasn't the first time that he couldn't finish a game.

I don't remember the Bears game so I'd be interested in hearing how he quit in that game.

I was at the Giants game, cold and wearing 8x's as much clothes as any of the players. Are you blaming the loss on Favre? I know that he threw the INT in overtime, but our defensive line was atrocious. Our offensive blocking was disgusting. Al Harris was a turnstile with Burress. Are you really throwing the loss entirely on Favre?

Let's not forget that 2007 was easily was of his top-5 seasons statistically and could have won the MVP if not for Brady's 50TDs and 16-0 run towards the Super Bowl.

I'm not sticking up for Favre necessarily, but not letting history be rewritten for the sake of an argument.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still trying to figure this out.

He injured his shoulder in the 2007 Cowboys game. It wasn't the first time that he couldn't finish a game.

I don't remember the Bears game so I'd be interested in hearing how he quit in that game.

I was at the Giants game, cold and wearing 8x's as much clothes as any of the players. Are you blaming the loss on Favre? I know that he threw the INT in overtime, but our defensive line was atrocious. Our offensive blocking was disgusting. Al Harris was a turnstile with Burress. Are you really throwing the loss entirely on Favre?

You sir are crazy. Let's not forget that 2007 was easily was of his top-5 seasons statistically and could have won the MVP if not for Brady's 50TDs and 16-0 run towards the Super Bowl.

I'm not sticking up for Favre necessarily, but not letting history be rewritten for the sake of an argument.

I'm not sure he "quit" in that game but he was downright awful. 17-32 153 0 TD's 2 INTs. I think the Bears game was referencing his declining play in bad weather games which this one was.

I also can remember reading a long time ago that MM almost wanted to make the switch to Aaron in the NFC Championship game that year.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Dude--You don't know me. If you are not a sports fan of Michael Jordan, I can't help you.

My family has had GB season tickets since '65. I grew up in Wisconsin, went to school in Wisconsin.

I get it. You think Favre is a piece of dung. You hate Chicago sports and you think I love Farve, the second coming of Charles Manson.

It's all very logical. I'll try to be more like you. I am very sorry and will attempt to conform.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre fans like OCBP remind me of victims of a con who still haven’t figured out they’ve been conned. They defend Favre to the nth degree while he doesn’t care at all about them.

As documented on this site, Favre fans frequently have trouble with facts. For example, as longtimefan pointed out Favre has not been inducted into any HOF, the Packers or the NFL. He will be, but currently he is not. And Favre went beyond womanizing to embarrass himself, his wife and his family, didn’t he? Or, do you have pictures of Jordan’s ******** along with the ones of Favre’s you no doubt have in your Favre scrapbook? :eek:
I am really sorry for attempting to have a discussion. All you boys are right! What was I thinking? Favre is Charlie Manson reincarnated, Farve is a piece of dung, Favre isn't in the HOF, if you are a long time GB fan, you hate Favre. It's all logical and sinking in now!

Thanks for converting me. #4 is a POS! I love TT, Greg Jennings sucks, Chicago sports fans are the worst on the planet. Now I'm pissed--Can't wait to jump the next poster's **s when I see something they want to logically discuss. Hallelujah! I believe!

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
That 1st year the opening game was Pack vs Minny in GB.

Sarah, dont you recall David making a post stating that Brett wont play for the Packers again, but get ready to see him come from the tunnel 1st game of the year wearing purple? He made that statement before any trade was mentioned..

Wow, I don't remember that at all (maybe I was repressing it at the time, hahaha). F****** David, such a smug ***

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK from reading this I get that he was under contract with the Pack and couldn't go to Minnesota.
Is that right?
If so, then how can that be?
Would he have broken any laws going straight from GB to Minnesota?
What exactly was it that MADE him to first go to NY?
Would would the consequences have been if he went directly to Minnesota from GB?
That's the missing piece I don't see to answer my question.

Let me ask you an equally valid question.

Why didn't Favre go straight to play for the Bears in Super Bowl 41? He obviously wanted another ring and the Bears should have known they weren't going to win a Super Bowl with Rex Grossman. He could have shown up to Miami during Super Bowl week and said to Jerry Angelo, "Let's go win a Super Bowl. Let's do this. I'm a Bear now."

Obviously Favre was fed up with the Packers not making a play to get Randy Moss and get him some talent late in his career, as well as being disgruntled about the drafting of Aaron Rodgers threatening him, so it would have made sense for him to want to "jump ship" and stick it to TT.

So why didn't he do that? What law would he have broken by doing this?

Do you see yet how ridiculous your original question was and how foolish it was to snap at posters who tried to give you an answer to it as best as possible?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I also can remember reading a long time ago that MM almost wanted to make the switch to Aaron in the NFC Championship game that year.

I dont think it was made public, so may have heard it here?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I really wish I could remember and maybe its not true but knowing now how MM felt about Brett I almost wouldnt doubt it.

Didnt say it wasnt true, just dont recall it made its way into the media. ;)

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the core problem is he never really said anything about the fans.

Had he said the right things not as many people would of been pissed off.

I cannot deny what he did for the team in his early years. I remember watching him as a young kid every sunday. He was my Icon has kid. Its just a shame what a huge Ego does to someone. No one put his Ego in check and it got too big for his britches. A normal level headed person would not of done the stuff that he did.

There are 2 Versions of Favre. The Early great years and the end of his career. I hate the Favre at the end of the Carrer. But Respect his early days.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the core problem is he never really said anything about the fans.

Had he said the right things not as many people would of been pissed off.

I cannot deny what he did for the team in his early years. I remember watching him as a young kid every sunday. He was my Icon has kid. Its just a shame what a huge Ego does to someone. No one put his Ego in check and it got too big for his britches. A normal level headed person would not of done the stuff that he did.

There are 2 Versions of Favre. The Early great years and the end of his career. I hate the Favre at the end of the Carrer. But Respect his early days.

very very well stated.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
I just finished watching the doc, nicely done, definitely catered to the Green Bay crowd, but it was well done nonetheless.

I can't believe it's been 6 years since the proverbial crap hit the fan. I was so conflicted and heart broken at the time, the time line almost didn't match up to memory. For some reason I put the Greta Van Susteran interview after Brett's voyage back to Green Bay (and Jesus, how weird was that? Talk about a ***** move). Fascinating to hear the press's point of view on the matter and their effort to humanize Ted and shed light on the clusterF that was the Packer front office. They really had no idea just how big of a primadonna Brett Favre was capable of being... and the fact that they offered him the starting position back in late March and he reneged! Unbelievable.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was tolerable in his younger years because he still had some sense of humility.

At some point after his legacy was well-established, he started to see himself as bigger than the game and bigger than the Green Bay Packers.

The Packers were around well before Favre was a Packer and will be around for long after he's gone. I didn't become a fan of the Packers because they had Favre, I became a fan of Favre because he was a Green Bay Packer. So it was an easy decision when he left for me, to know which side I was going to take.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts