watch "Last day at Lambeau"

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
brent is a complete POS and always will be.
And not just to the fans and the Packers organization but to his wife as well for attempting to cheat on her.
And who knows if he was ever successful at it, even to this day?
Then again, maybe not seeing how clumsy he was at it the time he was caught.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the name of all that is holy, get over it. If not for him you may have been looking at nearly 40 years between SB appearances and or wins.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the name of all that is holy, get over it. If not for him you may have been looking at nearly 40 years between SB appearances and or wins.

I don't lose sleep over it and in fact... I LOVE IT that Rodgers makes brent a moot issue and a complete afterthought. I LOVE that brent lives every day knowing his dream of the Pack sucking after he left didn't quite work out like he wanted.

get over it? he## no... this POS , for all of the great things he did (before he turned into a worthless out of control game killing QB) ruined every ounce of that good faith when he pulled what he did.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could somebody who knows things explain why BrINT had to go to the Vikings via the Jets instead of going to the Vikings straight from the Packers?

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could somebody who knows things explain why BrINT had to go to the Vikings via the Jets instead of going to the Vikings straight from the Packers?

We traded him to the Jets, he then retired again and came back to the Vikings.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL

He was still under contract with the Packers, once they knew he was interested in playing again, TT and MM knew it would be suicide to keep him in Green Bay, but equally destructive to let him go on his own accord and release him. He just played one of the best seasons of his career, so why not trade him for his value, and to an AFC team where he'd be little threat to the Packers.

Honestly, the trade to the Jets was probably the most problematic of the whole Summer 2008 melodrama, but something tells me Ted and Mike knew his true intentions (Brett doesn't exactly have the greatest poker face) and knew he was going to be a cancer if he was granted his wishes to be set free. Business decision.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was still under contract with the Packers, once they knew he was interested in playing again, TT and MM knew it would be suicide to keep him in Green Bay, but equally destructive to let him go on his own accord and release him. He just played one of the best seasons of his career, so why not trade him for his value, and to an AFC team where he'd be little threat to the Packers.

Honestly, the trade to the Jets was probably the most problematic of the whole Summer 2008 melodrama, but something tells me Ted and Mike knew his true intentions (Brett doesn't exactly have the greatest poker face) and knew he was going to be a cancer if he was granted his wishes to be set free. Business decision.

Correct me if Im wrong but didn't the pick we received from the Jets contribute to moving back into the 1st to get Clay?

D

Deleted member 6794

Correct me if Im wrong but didn't the pick we received from the Jets contribute to moving back into the 1st to get Clay?

Correct, it was one of the third round picks we traded to the Patriots for the 26th pick.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sam Farmer of the L.A. Times reported that within 1 month of his Packers retirement Bus Cook was shopping Favre around the league--denied by Cook and Favre. Favre then tried to get his release from the Packers (while retired), who refused and instead traded him. He then retired from the Jets, again asking for his release. Sound familiar? The Jets complied and Favre became a Viking. What else do you need to know about the guy's intentions with the Packers? He wanted to continue playing, but as a Viking, not a Packer. He is a first round HOFer, but a conniving liar. Most people don't care for conniving liars.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To clarify, Brett voiced his desire to go to Minnesota before he was traded to the Jets. That was the main reason that the trade contained poison pill language that prohibited him from then getting traded to his preferred location of the Vikings. See below:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3522971
The NFL Network also is reporting that the Packers took great pains to ensure that Favre would not be traded to the Vikings by inserting a "poison pill" in the deal. If Favre were to be traded to Minnesota, New York would have to surrender three first-round picks to Green Bay.

Favre and Bus Cook found a way around the poison pill by retiring again and convincing the Jets to eventually release him. Once released, he was "surprised" when the Vikings strongly courted him to play for them. Here are a few choice excerpts from another ESPN article after Favre retired from the Jets:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3898942
Earlier, sources told ESPN that Cook informally discussed the option of releasing Favre with the Jets. The Jets respectfully declined that option, a source said.

Favre conceded that he had an abundance of motivation to play for the Jets at the beginning of last season, most of it inspired by the spite he maintained for Packers GM Ted Thompson for trading him from Green Bay to New York. Favre felt Thompson had taken Favre's team from him, believed it had become personal, described the Packers as dishonest and concluded that the most accomplished quarterback in history had been exiled to the Jets precisely because it was something of a football purgatory, where no championships had been won in the four decades since Joe Namath.

After the Jets traded up in the draft, Favre began texting Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum and pestered him until the Jets finally agreed to release him. The Jets had been reluctant because they didn't have a good plan at QB and wanted to be first in line if Favre decided to play again. Favre waited it out long enough, forcing the Jets to draft a QB which then made his release more likely. All that was left was to convince the Jets. He succeeded in May when they released him. With his options open, he immediately began talking with the Vikings but waited until the end of training camp to sign.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...-favre-returning-nfl-vikings-article-1.408388
One NFL source insists Favre can't peacefully retire until he finds a way to get revenge on the Packers. He wants back into the NFC North so he can face the Packers twice. The Bears traded for Jay Cutler and the Lions drafted Matthew Stafford. Hello, Minnesota.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/19/sports/football/19favre.html?_r=0
This sudden U-turn in Favre’s future was not a complete surprise. Soon after he told the Jets he was retiring for the second time, he asked for his release, keeping his options open. And back in July, he had left the door slightly ajar for a return — only to the Vikings, the team he wanted to play for last season, too — when he said he would continue to work out.

Once told that despite un-retiring he wouldn't play for the Packers again, Favre's plan the entire time was to play for an NFC North team. The Vikings were the natural spot and he did what he needed to do to stick it to Thompson. We all know now that Thompson made the right move but we had to endure a drama offseason in 2008 and two nauseating losses to the Vikings in 2009. In the end though, Favre ripped the souls out of every Vikings fan at the end of 2009 and further deflated them in 2010. He did more than the Packers ever could have done to the Vikings. He let them sniff a Super Bowl and then yanked the football away. How appropriate for the state that produced Charles Schultz.

Thanks for all of the memories Brett. Your career was a series of elated highs and groaning lows. There were stumbling completions, under-hand passes, escape artist moves in the pocket, many wins, and a SB trophy. There were also many INTs, many "rocket balls," a drug addiction, and the entire fiasco described above. His career was a roller coaster ride and I enjoyed all of the good with the bad. It makes a better story.

Last edited:

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL

When I said "problematic", I just meant in terms of the PR of the saga and the BS drama drummed up from trading Favre and not honoring the almighty's wishes. It was obviously incredibly necessary and only a sucker like Mike Tannenbaum would do otherwise.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I said "problematic", I just meant in terms of the PR of the saga and the BS drama drummed up from trading Favre and not honoring the almighty's wishes. It was obviously incredibly necessary and only a sucker like Mike Tannenbaum would do otherwise.

No I know. I was only referencing your Business decision comment and remembering what a great buisiness decision it ended up being.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Notice the comment from the reporter at 54 mins about how its a big misconception, and that Favre doesnt give a sh*t about Packer fans.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Notice the comment from the reporter at 54 mins about how its a big misconception, and that Favre doesnt give a sh*t about Packer fans.

He doesn't give a shi# about anyone but himself. He is a complete POS. I honestly have no idea how any logical person can be a "fan" of Brent FvRer. If somebody wants to give him props for his play on the field and what success he did have there...fine.... but to be a big "fan" of bRent Feavrer the guy? WHY?! I heard Frankie bag o donuts talk about BreNts speach he gave at Frankie's Packer Hall induction. He said..."Ahhhh... it was nice... he gave a little speech and ....ahhhh... he left town without even chatting with any former teamates.

There is just tons of proof about this guy that shows what a scum sucking snake he really is....but some people choose to not see any of it for some odd reason.

"Brent is always just one of the guys". REALLY?! Then why exactly did he insist on having his locker outside of the main locker room and in his own special little world?"!

Like in this clip...another comical comment clown brent fans make "Ya, well, at least he would often lead a comeback to get them in position to win." lol...just like in this clip, somebody says just that! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....ok...DID YA MAYBE CONSIDER THAT BRENT'S THREE M'Fing INTS (one pick 6) ARE THE VERY REASON THEY NEEDED THE "COMEBACK"!!!!!

I thank the Lord for Aaron Rodgers. THANK YOU!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

OK from reading this I get that he was under contract with the Pack and couldn't go to Minnesota.
Is that right?
If so, then how can that be?
Would he have broken any laws going straight from GB to Minnesota?
What exactly was it that MADE him to first go to NY?
Would would the consequences have been if he went directly to Minnesota from GB?
That's the missing piece I don't see to answer my question.

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I recall right: When Waffle Boy was still considering what he was going to do, didn't Coach say that he was going to play back up to Aaron?
If so, then that is one thing the doc. didn't mention.
And if so, I wonder if that descion was made because Aaron was more committed to playing for the Pack and they were just tired of BrINT's losing ways.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

at 58 minutes reminds me how much I hate the vikings fans

Actually I agree with that fan.
Thank you Ted Thompson for making it possible for the Rust Bucket to go there and to lose a big game for the Vikings!
Thank you Ted Thompson for letting BrINT give him and all other Vikings fans the grief that he gave to us Packers fans for all those years.

There are so many good quotes and things that there are just too many to mention. It's like just about every minute there is something that could be pointed out.
It's a really good watch all around.
Good find and thanx for sharing ivo.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts