Washington's Team Name Under Review

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And a football is often called a 'pigskin' and 'pig' is an offensive term used for police. Oh, wait. We were supposed to appreciate and respect first responders 2 months ago. Now we are supposed to hate police. I get confused sometimes and don't keep up on who the media wants us to hate at the moment.
just hate everybody, cover your bases

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree it is time for a change. The Reskins have been irrelevant since Snyder bought the team in 1999.

Record of 142,-193-1, with 8 head coaches, and have finished in 4th place in division 9 times, 3rd place 7, 2nd twice, and first place 3 times. Five playoff apperances with a 2-5 record.
That would suggest The Washington Losers as an appropriate name. I’ll leave the logo to someone else. But then real losers worldwide would be offended.

This renaming thing is not as easy as it looks.......

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That makes sense. Just number the teams from 1 to 32 and do a random drawing.

Or, assign each team a number that is a derivative of pi. The 3.14s and so on, with the added value that the league would never run out of numbers.
Hey! I'm pie intollerant, you pie eating as#%@^#e.

Nick 52

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it's just my twisted and warped British sense of humour, but I was really hoping that they would change it to something even more offensive.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it's just my twisted and warped British sense of humour, but I was really hoping that they would change it to something even more offensive.
Hey Nick, I don't know if you're familiar with www.theonion.com - but you should check it out.

A few years ago they ran a faux sports headline that said the Washington Redskins had officially changed their name. Going forward, they would be known as the D.C. Redskins.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It also says "Football", which we all know is an American term appropriated from the rest of the world, which should really mean "soccer". This is an example of the US's institutional evil, as they dare assume people will think they are talking about American football. In fact, the sport itself is institutionally evil since it is American, and that's not even bringing in its history of head injuries. Considering that, how dare Washington even field a team?

In fact, the NFL is sponsored by Nike, which utilizes slave labor from China, so the entire league is offensive, and should be cancelled.
I like your thinking. And anyway, once we have a new president we're going to be a compassionate country again, so the NFL has gotta go.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OMG that is fall-down funny. "The Kneeling of the National Anthem." What controversy?
The kneeling of the national anthem. It would be funnier if it wasn't so true. Remember when sports and the anthem were things to unify over?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The kneeling of the national anthem. It would be funnier if it wasn't so true. Remember when sports and the anthem were things to unify over?
Sure do. We ALWAYS stood for the National Anthem, baseball, football, basketball, always. Still do. This kneeling controversy has now reached absurd proportions, IMO. There is much greater awareness of racial and wealth inequality, although I doubt a Trump Administration will bother with it, so it'll have tio be fixed by the states. It's time to put cops back on the streets in the communities they serve. We had a beat cop in our neighborhood. I think that would go a long way to alleviate the friction. I am sick of hearing about "awareness training" - that's in one ear and out the other. Time for a little real action.

But please, no more kneeling at football games. I'm sick of it.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score

Washington Head Shots with John Wilkes Booth as the mascot?

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score

How about something that represents the NFL's desire to be more global and use a Scottish Highlander as the mascot-

Washington Clansmen

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Washington Head Shots with John Wilkes Booth as the mascot?
Well done AR. You get the award for most politically-incorrect, cringeworthy suggestion. But this entire circus was created by Snyder years ago. How exactly do you go about firing an owner? I think the answer is you don't.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But this entire circus was created by Snyder years ago. How exactly do you go about firing an owner? I think the answer is you don't.
Well, Snyder didn't name them the Redskins, they were named that back in the '30s, while they were still in Boston. He didn't even have anything to do with the logo.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Snyder didn't name them the Redskins, they were named that back in the '30s, while they were still in Boston. He didn't even have anything to do with the logo.
Very true. IMO, he's been a lousy owner.

Reaction score
I will let y’all sort this ridiculous name thing out. Frankly I’ve had enough for this year. I hope the Pack goes all the way but count me out altogether. It’s all crossed some religious guidelines for myself and my love of the Lord is far greater than idolizing the NFL and what it’s becoming.

I’ll be praying for each of you though that the Holy Spirit guides each of you through this moral madness.
God bless my Packer Brothers n Sisters. I’ve got to take a stand for our flag and our country and my Lord before it’s destroyed completely.

ps. Those police officers that ran into the Towers deserve better than what each of us has offered. I’m not making that mistake any longer.
It’s been a pleasure people’s! Peace out

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, when I first heard the name "Washington Football Team", I thought that was one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. And someone posted here that they liked the name, and I didn't agree with that either. But it's growing on me, it's different. It's kind of generic, but it's unique, I'm thinking maybe they should keep it. It's a little like the lack of a logo on the Browns helmets though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts