Was this the correct call ?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will I think "Jaws" was a prisoner, so he may have been suspended for 4 games or.......lost his parole for life. :coffee:
And don't forget about the fine of something like $13,347.72.
Since he only makes about 50 cents an hour making license plates, his relatives will get stuck with the bill long after he is gone.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thought process for me is that as they have built better gear, it seems they went from one problem to another, and maybe the newer problem is worse than the old one. Just a thought.
Maybe they should have steel helmets instead.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point was that the size/speed/strength factor in the current game is offset by the current rules. Guys still get whacked in the head, perhaps with more force, but less frequently.

And if it does turn out that CTE risk is confirmed as equal to or higher with repeated sub-concussive impacts vs. a series of concussions, then I would conclude that the players of yore were more at risk. Why wouldn't we have heard about them? Because without study and acknowledgement of the risks they would have suffered in the shadows.

I remember reading some years ago that the average life expectancy of ex-NFL players was somewhere in the high-50's years of age, well below the general male population. The reason conjectured, without a study of causes, was that upon retirement their muscle turned to fat. That would be a convenient explanation that exempts the inherent violence in the game.
I think we are mostly in agreement.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nerf helmets to me would be the answer. Just pray for no rain!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Everything should be Nerf.
Even the football.
Though everything will be nothing but a chunk of foam rubber by the end of the 1st quarter if it even makes it that far.

Members online

Latest posts