Was the GB crowd actually booing the home team during the game?

12theTruth

Speaking of the crowd. I think that is the most opposing fans I have seen in Lambeau in a long time.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were a good number of Giants fans there who allegedly bought playoff tickets that Packers fans sold.
They were yelling Cruuuuuuuuuzzz!!! as well.
And I thought Packers fans were booing at one point when neither Cruz or Khun touched the ball.
So you have:
Cruuuuuuuuzzzz!!!
Khuuuuuuuuuuuunnn!
and
Booooooooooooooo!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Really people think it's cool to boo their team? At halftime? Lol..

When they are not performing they have every right to boo..

People paid good money to see them play..If they arent getting fair value, why cant they boo

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I suppose people that "boo" think it helps the players play better huh?

Pretty sure they were playing hard as they always do, and are just as upset as the fans...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm not sure how to respond to this lol. But it sounds very ignorant...

Well...Why cant we boo?

I dont have the right to show my displeasure?

We can yell and scream till throats bleed... dont boo, if you dont like what you see?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose people that "boo" think it helps the players play better huh?

Pretty sure they were playing hard as they always do, and are just as upset as the fans...

No one is saying they werent playing hard, and are upset that were losing....Thats you putting words in my mouth

So only show praise? I am pretty sure they know when they did good, right?

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well...Why cant we boo?

I dont have the right to show my displeasure?

You can do what you want. I just don't agree with it. Especially at halftime. Even Rodgers said today, it was a little premature (he's not gonna call out his fans, you can tell he didn't like it). How much did boo'ing them before halftime help them in the 3rd quarter? What's the point? It sounds awful to people watching it.

Cubs fans showered Wrigley with beer bottles once. They're deemed some of the worst fans in sports.. I guess that's cool they were just showing their displeasure...

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I won't weigh in on what others should/should not do. I'll just say I would never do it. Ever. If the Packers are struggling, it feels like I'm watching someone I love struggle. If I'm watching someone I love struggle, I don't boo them. It's not just not helpful...it's discouraging.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen Packers fan pride expressed on here many times on how they are the greatest fans.
The fans are so loyal that they never leave before the game ends no matter how bad the Packers are doing.
And these fans are so great that they won't hesitate to plunk down a $275 donation expecting nothing material in return for stadium upgrades that they probably will never have the pleasure to experience for themselves.
And now these same prideful, boastful fans who are supposed to be the creme of the crop of the NFL are booing their own team?
Well, so much for Packers fans being unique from all other fans of football.

DocSkittles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you're making a generalization. I'll still put true Packers fans up against any other fans, any day of the week. Not all, and hopefully not the majority of the fans in attendance were booing. Personally, anyone who boos a team for a loss after a 15-1 season, no matter how painful it was too watch, in my opinion is not that great of a fan.

I don't buy the whole, "I paid for a ticket, so I have the right to boo" line. Sure, everyone has the right to boo, but true fans won't and instead would be grateful for the opportunity, no matter how disappointing the loss was. It's called supporting your team and the players. If we as fans were disappointed, how do you think our players felt? IMO, they had a heck of a lot more riding on that game then we as fans did.

I practically sold blood last year to go to the Super Bowl. The whole time I knew it would be an uphill struggle for The Pack, but damn it, I was going to support my team and regardless of the outcome, be happy with the fact they made it so far. Fortunately, we were on the winning end.

This season was also incredible and a record setting year. So what, we didn't make it to the Super Bowl. It happens to every team but one, every year. Personally, I'm proud of what The Pack accomplished this year, and hopefully they build on it and do it again next season.

Perhaps people need to look back and see what the records of the 70's and 80's were. Fans then, including me, would drool for the opportunity to watch the team play like they did this season. I think it is true that when a team wins regularly, people get spoiled an expect it regularly. The booing, I believe proves it.

In the end though, for me, it's the Green Bay Packers come hell, or high water. I'll watch them and cheer for them no matter what the score on the board is, because in the end they're my team, they're the Green Bay Packers and that's what Packers fans do. And just think, it's only about eight months until the next kick off and it's GO PACK GO!!!, all over again. Green Bay Packers, next seasons Super Bowl champs.... well I'm hoping!

GO PACK GO!!!

I've seen Packers fan pride expressed on here many times on how they are the greatest fans.
The fans are so loyal that they never leave before the game ends no matter how bad the Packers are doing.
And these fans are so great that they won't hesitate to plunk down a $275 donation expecting nothing material in return for stadium upgrades that they probably will never have the pleasure to experience for themselves.
And now these same prideful, boastful fans who are supposed to be the creme of the crop of the NFL are booing their own team?
Well, so much for Packers fans being unique from all other fans of football.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of the crowd. I think that is the most opposing fans I have seen in Lambeau in a long time.
Yes, sickening. I hope it was worth a couple hundred bucks for those "loyal fans" to sell their tickets and sell out on their team. Just makes me want to vommit more than the team's performance on the field.

OP
OP
morningwood

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My two cents, and believe me I am not piling on GB as I have seen this same discussion on Saints' forums and I have the same position.

Yeah, you have the "right" to boo. Just like you have the "right" to sit on your hands and not make noise when the opposing offense is in 3rd and long. It doesn't make it right.

Football is a game of momentum. When the home crowd turns on the home team I think it takes momentum away from your team and fuels the other team.

One goal of the visiting team is to take the crowd out of the game. Imagine what the opposing team feels when they hear the crowd actually turning on their team. I am sure they are laughing it up and maybe even talking smack about it on the field.

Also, I think Packers and Saints fans buy into the idea that we have unique relationships between the teams and their respective fans. When you boo, I think you are saying that is all BS. Does this make a difference when free agents decide where to play? I don't know, maybe cash is king and it doesn't matter -- but it certainly can't help.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't agree in booing,but some people let their emotions get the better of them I do a lot of are you kidding me when they make mistakes the hail mary for one,but that is why they call it that way because once in a blue moon it works the game was awful for sure,but it's wed and I'm over the loss glad I'm a share holder will get upset when they don't perform well but there is a whole new season coming up,and I'm looking forward too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts