Was anyone else not overly pumped about Sunday night's victory?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am thrilled that we put together our best team performance going back to last year against Denver.
The team was playing with a mission as if their life depended on it. Whether MM can get this team to play with intensity week to week is hard to say this season. This was the angriest I've seen all of them in a while. Had we gone to SF in week one instead of playing in Lambeau we possibly would have played at a higher level.
That said the Texans played almost as if they were intimidated by us. After watching what the Colts did to us they had to question if this was the same team we saw on film that showed up. As for the comment on the one sack, take that with a grain of salt. We forced 3 bad throws for INTs from the pressure. And Schaub threw the ball into the ground and out of bounds several times he was so badly stoned. And they have an offensive line that is better than ours.

The Saints lose going away from us if Justin Harrell does not enter the game. It is as simple as that.
The Seahawks have a great defense and they did not take us lightly. They were intent on getting to ARod and blowing up our receivers. But they did next to nothing on offense except for one long pass. They also committed a ton of penalties that we could not capitalize on. They are a tough team in the red zone. Basically, we won that game were it not for some imitation zebras. The whole world knows that. Maybe we'll see them again in January and make sure that they know that.
Spot on man!
Every game is different and unless the opponent is a bunch of 10 year olds, I don't think any game is easy to win.
Indy and the Bolts showed us that.

So what if the Texans gave us better field position with their penalties?
Packers still had to work to put the ball in the end zone.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Now before I get to my point I don't want to take too much away from the Packer's much needed win. It was won fair and square and the better team walked off the field with a victory. That being said..

If not for the many Texan's mental errors, I figure this game is MUCH closer. Neutral zone infraction results in a Packer TD. Launching on the FG attempt results in a Packers TD. Personal foul beneath the pile results in a Packers TD. Take 3 potential TD's away from our offense had the Texan's defense been more level headed.

Good teams take advantage of mistakes and I know this, but in retrospect our "Juggernaut" seemed assisted during that game. I'm still not sold their offense after that performance, which is weird for me to say and hard for me to truly appreciated A-Rod's franchise record tying day. Your thoughts?

Not sure but wasnt the FG penalty and the personal foul penalty on the same drive...so therefore it was 2 TD's not 3

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The Packers should have an extra win right now anyway. Seahawks game. I don't know what voodoo they do in Seattle lately but it seems to be working too, ask Tom Brady about it sometime.

I hope that Seahawks game does not come back to bite the Pack later in the season so they will have to make up for it. In some ways though I kinda hope the Pack play Seattle in the playoffs and both end up making it in now.

That Seattle team was just a tad too pumped up for me after getting a cheated win......I still can see it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers should have an extra win right now anyway. Seahawks game. I don't know what voodoo they do in Seattle lately but it seems to be working too, ask Tom Brady about it sometime.

I hope that Seahawks game does not come back to bite the Pack later in the season so they will have to make up for it. In some ways though I kinda hope the Pack play Seattle in the playoffs and both end up making it in now.

That Seattle team was just a tad too pumped up for me after getting a cheated win......I still can see it.
I think the voodoo is called Home Field Advantage.
If that scab ref would have made the call at Lambeau it would have been ruled as an INT.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The win GIGANTIC for the season, especially with the next three games being @ St. Louis then home against Jacksonville and Arizona. The true test will be this Sunday. If the Packers come out, dominate the Rams and play like a Super Bowl, you'll know that they are back. If the Packers go into the bye week 6-3, a push for the division can be made.

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of analysts picked the Texans to make it to the Super Bowl. I think they are the most COMPLETE team in the NFL. So no i will have to disagree with this thread.

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
I dont even know were to start, trying to answer this thread starter, so I wont.......SMH

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I disagree with the OP because what we saw Sunday night after an early miss was Rodgers back to his pinpoint-accuracy best. The Packers will win the vast majority of games that Aaron Rodgers shows up for. And the Packers defense played as though they all read McGinn's critique, took it to heart and played with a lot more energy. The way the Packers stopped the Texans' running game was no fluke. If the passing offense plays like that and the defense plays with that kind of energy, "luck" won't be a factor.

Also, all mental errors are not the same. Yes, there certainly are "unforced" stupid errors in games. But a "stupid" holding penalty usually occurs because the blocker got beat. A "stupid" motion or off-sides penalty many times occur because the player feels the need to get an early jump on the snap because he's getting beat by his opponent.

The only caveat I would apply to the win is how Phillips played defense against the Packers. The book on defending the Packers is to rely on a version of the Tampa 2 D, with 2 deep safeties while playing a variety of coverages underneath. Phillips stuck with his one deep safety D for the majority of the time. He also helped Rodgers by blitzing (according to McGinn) on 50% of dropbacks and on 20% he sent all out blitzes. Don't get me wrong, if Rodgers is "on" and the receivers catch the ball it won't matter. But I'm glad Wade was stubborn.
The Saints lose going away from us if Justin Harrell does not enter the game.
Justin Harrell just can't catch a break! I'm pretty sure he wasn't even in the stadium. (J/K -no spelling smack intended.)

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Now before I get to my point I don't want to take too much away from the Packer's much needed win. It was won fair and square and the better team walked off the field with a victory. That being said..

If not for the many Texan's mental errors, I figure this game is MUCH closer. Neutral zone infraction results in a Packer TD. Launching on the FG attempt results in a Packers TD. Personal foul beneath the pile results in a Packers TD. Take 3 potential TD's away from our offense had the Texan's defense been more level headed.

Good teams take advantage of mistakes and I know this, but in retrospect our "Juggernaut" seemed assisted during that game. I'm still not sold their offense after that performance, which is weird for me to say and hard for me to truly appreciated A-Rod's franchise record tying day. Your thoughts?

We all have our own views and opinions of what happened. My thought is: Yes, the texans did make mistakes but we did something different this time....we took advantage of those mistakes and cashed in on them. Other games that we lost we were given opportunities as well, such as a certain INT that andrew luck threw and then we went for a dismal 3 and out.....we should have cashed that gift card in that he gave us. Also, I can't really agree with what you are saying because our defense played well and picked shaub 2 times and we STUFFED foster for 18 carries for 29 yards. Those factors also helped to determine the win. Yes those penalties or mental errors did not help their effort, but what matters is we cashed them in when given the chance. Even without those errors and the way our D played and how Arod picked them apart like a stuffed turkey.....we would have won either way you look at it. WE WON against the Texans who are/were a power ranked team.....Be happy we shut up a lot of critics.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Mental errors are still apart of the game not to mention holding one of the NFL's best rushers to only 29 yards rushing... I took alot away from it... I think we will start our run now.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The op idea is valid, however it is in the same mentality of

What if so and so didnt drop that td pass..

What if so and so didnt get the pick 6

What if the kicker didnt make the fg

Zach311

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so pumped! but my Cardinals are in the NLCS, was more focused on them. The offense looked great! Rodgers and JJ and Jordy playing like champs!

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was pumped before during & after the game. Texans hadn't really played a decent team until they played us. Ravens will give them a run for their money.

Pack_Attack_Is_Back

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always thought that good teams took advantages of the breaks (aka penalties and interceptions) they were given, so in that being said haven't they done exactly what great teams are expected to do?

All I'm saying....

Reaction score
Is this what we have come to? A "meh" thread on the team after the QB ties a franchise record for TDs? Wow
Noted that also he threw his 6th TD at the VERY BEGINNING of the 4th quarter.. If it was a close game, he would have broken the passing TD record with likely 0 interceptions. Simply amazing.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Threads like this and "Rodgers is the problem" and "Fire Dom Capers" has me question the loyalty of those who started them and claim they are Packers fans.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Threads like this and "Rodgers is the problem" and "Fire Dom Capers" has me question the loyalty of those who started them and claim they are Packers fans.

Skeptics can still be loyal fans, they just have more doubt in their system than regular fans. I admit I am skeptic at times, especially when someone has great hopes that I cannot fathom ( example: The packers are playing the autobots this weekend, sure hope we can sack optimus prime 8 times and the score will be pack 45 - autobots 10) LOL....of course I'm kidding, but some people need a reality check of epic proportion sometimes.

Pack_Attack_Is_Back

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really?

You mean tell us that you have never stated that Packers beat themselves in playoffs against Giants?

Giants got lucky against Packers in playoffs because of all the dropped passes?

Packers are the better team and if it wasn't for such and such (insert whatever off field distraction as excuse) would have beaten Giants?

Etc.........
Etc........

Not only are you an excuse laden crybaby but you are also a filthy hippocrite.

Pretty obvious how much better Eli is than little stat machine wannabe Aaron Rodgers.
Really? you join a packers fan forum to troll about the Giants? Stick to the Giants and the general NFL forums... Please... No one finds trolls interesting, unless perhaps you live under a bridge... Then you'd be interesting. :confused:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Really?

You mean tell us that you have never stated that Packers beat themselves in playoffs against Giants?

Packers are the better team and if it wasn't for such and such (insert whatever off field distraction as excuse) would have beaten Giants?

Etc.........
Etc........

Pretty obvious how much better Eli is than little stat machine wannabe Aaron Rodgers.

OMG......you sir, are a fu*king comedian. What was Eli's passers rating last season? Was Eli a league MVP, Was Eli voted the #1 player by his peers? Crap, No...and NO!!!

Eli manning is half the QB that his brother is and is 1/3 the QB that ARod is. Eli manning is a down syndrome having hack that has been bailed out by his defense to many times to count.

Go troll someplace else, you stuck up NY attitude having *****.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really?

Etc.........
Etc........

Packers lost that game because that week there was a death among the Packers family.
If that hadn't happened, Pack would have torn the Giants to shreds.
It had nothing to do with the way the Giants played.
Packers did beat themselves.
So Giants won on bad luck for the Packers.

In the meantime:
We have a section for talking smack.
Go here to do so.

http://www.packerforum.com/forums/smack-area.14/

If your going to post here, then stay on topic.
And keep it civil. There is no need for attacking posts against fellow posters.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really?

Etc.........
Etc........

Hahaha welcome back, how many times have you been banned here?

We could rehash everything but I've already destroyed everything you posted before.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skeptics can still be loyal fans, they just have more doubt in their system than regular fans. I admit I am skeptic at times, especially when someone has great hopes that I cannot fathom ( example: The packers are playing the autobots this weekend, sure hope we can sack optimus prime 8 times and the score will be pack 45 - autobots 10) LOL....of course I'm kidding, but some people need a reality check of epic proportion sometimes.
Yeah. Your right.
I just gotta be a little more thick skinned around here and not let those ridiculous threads get to me.

As I wrote before, I'm just grateful that those who want to fire Dom Capers, trade Rodgers, etc. are not qualified enough to work for the Packers organization.

Members online

Latest posts