Ware wasnt offsides

jessefly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the reason TO didnt catch that pass in the endzone that harris intercepted was because he had butter on his fingers and a kernel in his eye from dumping popcorn all over himself......maybe he has a fettish

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't it amazing that certain fans of certain teams only come on here when their team is winning. Remember how many people from Chicago were on here last year? Where are they this year, and the cowboy fans will be soon be gone.

And to you cowboy fans, two of our best players were out. Were your unhealthy players two of your best ones. I doubt it.

OP
OP
F

fecrida7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea thats pretty pathetic we had to literally hand over your only interception on romo.

Sangill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ivan and Fecrida,

This is a Packers forum. These are Packer fans. What do you want from them? They acknowledged Dallas played a good game. They have every right to be frustrated about borderline calls and the premature stoppage that cost them a turnover on the TO catch. Yes the Ware play was not offsides, but in regular motion it sure looked like it was. Just like the PI call looked like a PI in regular motion.

Honestly I don't think that game proved either team was better. We looked good early, but looked bad trying to stop Rodgers. They got beat early, but came back strong so I don't know what the point is. Dallas won, but they didn't dominate.

Congratulate each other for a good game and move on.

Now I havn't red through the whole thing, but this right here is an excellent post!

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree that the interference call was bad.

However...if that had been a Packers receiver, I'd have been screaming for interference at the top of my lungs;).

TM

slowsinistermo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
Isn't it amazing that certain fans of certain teams only come on here when their team is winning. Remember how many people from Chicago were on here last year? Where are they this year, and the cowboy fans will be soon be gone.

And to you cowboy fans, two of our best players were out. Were your unhealthy players two of your best ones. I doubt it.

not saying i disagree with the impact KGB and CW would have made, but actually Glenn was out...

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:

not saying i disagree with the impact KGB and CW would have made, but actually Glenn was out...

and, you cant expect to not have injuries. Not realistic. Holding those two out may have lost the battle for GB, but it might help them win the war later.

ivanfan12345

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:

were you even aware of the cowboys starting FB, No. 2 receiver, and NT. are out..and are 2 starting CB have been plagued with ankle problems for the past few weeks.

Deon Anderson FB

Terry Glenn WR

Jason Ferguson NT

____

probably not..GG

So please enough with the lame inury excuses..it's getting old..

Romosexual

Cheesehead
Reaction score
axelred13 said:
Where was the penalty flag for using a prop in a TD celebration?

Ocho Cinco got one when he played with the TV camera.
I've been saying that all along...........popcorn is a "prop" and against the rules. Yet NO flag??????? Tell me the refs arn't being paid off by someone.
I'd rather think they were being paid off, more then they are THAT incompetent.
ALL those refs on the field, yet not ONE of them said "Gee.....isn't that against the NFL rules??? You think i should throw a flag?"
"No! Don't do that! Jerry Jones might take back the Caddilac he gave me before the game tonight!!!"

You're more worried about the fact that T.O. ate popcorn than you are about your pass defense giving up a TD? T.O. killed your defense and you're complaining about that?

Romosexual

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:

Charles Woodson? Like he can really stop T.O.

And KGB? He would line up across from Flozell Adams, who is having a Pro Bowl season. He took care of Trent Cole and Osi Umenyiora w/o any problems. I recognize the fact that KGB and Kampman are forces to be reckoned with, but I wan't you guys to realize that our offensive line is one of the best in the league and KGB's presence wouldn't make you guys dominate the line-of-scrimmage.

And yes the Cowboys do have injuries, too. Injuries aren't exclusive to the Packers.

Romosexual

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not saying he was onsides or saying your wrong but do you have a video of the line of scrimmage? it is impossible to tell where he was from behind him

edit: it does actually look like it was a bad call

It was. Ware just gets good jumps.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:

And KGB? He would line up across from Flozell Adams, who is having a Pro Bowl season. He took care of Trent Cole and Osi Umenyiora w/o any problems. I recognize the fact that KGB and Kampman are forces to be reckoned with, but I wan't you guys to realize that our offensive line is one of the best in the league and KGB's presence wouldn't make you guys dominate the line-of-scrimmage.

And yes the Cowboys do have injuries, too. Injuries aren't exclusive to the Packers.

First of all you can stop bolding every word you write because your crap ain't anymore powerfull or important than anyone elses here. You can say whatever you want about your great offensive line and I agree it is a good one but I am going to stay with my original thought about this game and what may happen next time.

No two sets of circumstances are the same and neither will it be that if and when we meet again.

For the Packers we were playing our third game in eighteen days and the second of two consecutive road trips against a Dallas team playing their third of three straight at home (which doesn't happen often in this league). If you have to squeeze three games in a short period it doesn't get any better than that.

That will not be the case next time for sure. We also had just played two teams that needed wins badly in Carolina and Detroit vs. Dallas team that had patsies.

Also, in those games we lost two important defensive linemen in addition to KGB. Both John Jolly and Colin Cole were out and both would have been on the 45 against Dallas because they physically match up against the Dallas offensive line. The cumulative affect of these three was missed without a doubt.

Last, Brett Favre mustered his worst performance of the year and made the worst decisions I have seen him make as well. Some of those decisions led to turnovers and contributed to our getting in the hole. I dare to say he will not be that bad or even near it next time around.

Have your party and eat your cake and enjoy this time because like I say if and when we meet next the circumstances will not be the same. We BOTH will have played one home game in two weeks and THAT to me is going to go a lot further to evening the playing field than a couple of poor calls by the officials.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
For the Packers we were playing our third game in eighteen days and the second of two consecutive road trips against a Dallas team playing their third of three straight at home (which doesn't happen often in this league).

Buffalo, Dallas, New England, San Fransisco or Tennessee.
You could even throw in Miami and New York Jets in there because they play three home games in a row too, but after playing two home games in a row they have a BYE followed by a home game.

Good post other than that though :)

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
For the Packers we
our third game in eighteen days and the second of two consecutive road trips against a Dallas team playing their third of three straight at home (which doesn't happen often in this league).

You could even throw in Miami and New York Jets in there because they play three home games in a row too, but after playing two home games in a row they have a BYE followed by a home game.
were playing

I had looked this up Z and knew this when I wrote it. Out of thirty two teams I stand on my statement it's not often a team get's three in a row. How often are you going to see a game this big fall into a scheduling crack like that? That was the point.

Without question this game fell in the 'Boys favor schedule wise.

ivanfan12345

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Romosexual said:
carol k said:

First of all you can stop bolding every word you write because your crap ain't anymore powerfull or important than anyone elses here. You can say whatever you want about your great offensive line and I agree it is a good one but I am going to stay with my original thought about this game and what may happen next time.

No two sets of circumstances are the same and neither will it be that if and when we meet again.

For the Packers we were playing our third game in eighteen days and the second of two consecutive road trips against a Dallas team playing their third of three straight at home (which doesn't happen often in this league). If you have to squeeze three games in a short period it doesn't get any better than that.

That will not be the case next time for sure. We also had just played two teams that needed wins badly in Carolina and Detroit vs. Dallas team that had patsies.

Also, in those games we lost two important defensive linemen in addition to KGB. Both John Jolly and Colin Cole were out and both would have been on the 45 against Dallas because they physically match up against the Dallas offensive line. The cumulative affect of these three was missed without a doubt.

Last, Brett Favre mustered his worst performance of the year and made the worst decisions I have seen him make as well. Some of those decisions led to turnovers and contributed to our getting in the hole. I dare to say he will not be that bad or even near it next time around.

Have your party and eat your cake and enjoy this time because like I say if and when we meet next the circumstances will not be the same. We BOTH will have played one home game in two weeks and THAT to me is going to go a lot further to evening the playing field than a couple of poor calls by the officials.

LOL MORE EXCUSES YAY!!! KEEP THEM COMING THEY NEVER GET OLD !!!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
Romosexual said:
carol k said:

Yes, people make excuses, but you know what's happening. People are trying to defend their team. Give them a break. I think I speak for most Packers fans when I say that I just hope we meet again and both teams bring their A-game. I hope for that, don't you? If that happens, and the Packers win, many will feel justified with their excuses, and if the Cowboys win, you'll be able to show us all how right you were.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
Romosexual said:
carol k said:

As I said. Every set of circumstances is different and that will definately be the case IF and when we meet again. There was no EXCUSES made here for the loss of this last game. We lost. You cannot, however. discount or dismiss the facts which are in black in white. We were the weakest we've been injury-wise all year and you had distinct scheduling advantage.

I was one here that pointed out WEEKS AGO that the Giants should NEVER have been rated above us because their SCHEDULE for the last several weeks during that times was so damn easy it didn't prove they were that good. Then they started playing decent teams and ****! Much to the shock of all the experts they started losing.

As far as the Pack and Dallas we will both get a bye, we both get one at home, and then it's on. Much different than this last game. You want to act like that has nothing to do with anything fine. I happen to think it levels the playing field greatly from the first time around.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
warhawk said:
For the Packers we
our third game in eighteen days and the second of two consecutive road trips against a Dallas team playing their third of three straight at home (which doesn't happen often in this league).

were playing

I had looked this up Z and knew this when I wrote it. Out of thirty two teams I stand on my statement it's not often a team get's three in a row. How often are you going to see a game this big fall into a scheduling crack like that? That was the point.

Without question this game fell in the 'Boys favor schedule wise.

Not sure whats going on with those quotes, but the point is, it does happen and its not all that rare. It's no doubt an advantage if the team is good at home. The Packers were also on a nice road streak which kind of voids the whole home field advantage thing, in my opinion.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because we have been good on the road does not make the situation a good one schedule wise. Especially comparing that to your opponents.

I mean which team do you think was the most rested and more ready here?

It's ALWAYS more challenging to playing on the road if for no other reason then you are playing teams at their house. I know our record has been good on the road but we didn't play them all with shorter than normal rest and back to back.

Do teams not go into a slump at times and play somewhat below their best? There ARE reasons why and the schedule and the grind are parts of all of that.

You can say it's all the same to you if you like but I much prefer if we are going back to Dallas to both have the same previous schedule the last two weeks than what we walked into last Thursday because all in all that situation was not close to the same for both teams.

Romosexual

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because we have been good on the road does not make the situation a good one schedule wise. Especially comparing that to your opponents.

I mean which team do you think was the most rested and more ready here?

It's ALWAYS more challenging to playing on the road if for no other reason then you are playing teams at their house. I know our record has been good on the road but we didn't play them all with shorter than normal rest and back to back.

Do teams not go into a slump at times and play somewhat below their best? There ARE reasons why and the schedule and the grind are parts of all of that.

You can say it's all the same to you if you like but I much prefer if we are going back to Dallas to both have the same previous schedule the last two weeks than what we walked into last Thursday because all in all that situation was not close to the same for both teams.

We played three games in the same amount of time you did. You can blame it on the schedule all you want, but these guys are paid to do what they do. Every player was ready for this game with all the media attention given to this game. Both teams were better, but the better team won. If we meet again, so be it. I think we're looking forward to a rematch just as much as you guys, although Seattle would be even nicer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts