Ware wasnt offsides

BayouCowboy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ivan and Fecrida,

This is a Packers forum. These are Packer fans. What do you want from them? They acknowledged Dallas played a good game. They have every right to be frustrated about borderline calls and the premature stoppage that cost them a turnover on the TO catch. Yes the Ware play was not offsides, but in regular motion it sure looked like it was. Just like the PI call looked like a PI in regular motion.

Honestly I don't think that game proved either team was better. We looked good early, but looked bad trying to stop Rodgers. They got beat early, but came back strong so I don't know what the point is. Dallas won, but they didn't dominate.

Congratulate each other for a good game and move on.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
i wasnt trying to gloat at all. I just think its rediculous to blame a loss on officiating it takes all the fun out it.

Refs ALWAYS play a part in a game..that isnt the only reason why the lost..

Did it help some for us some for you, did it hurt, some for us some for you..

OP
OP
F

fecrida7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the packers are a great team obviously. I just dont like when other teams play it off like the game was unfair.

OP
OP
F

fecrida7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a good game hopefully we will both be 100% in january. Good luck on the rest of your season.

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No im not here to start an argument but i really dont think that the reason the packers lost was because of officiating.

I agree, and I hate when people cry foul with officiating. The officials missed two calls; per the head of officiating, the PI was correct. Rule says if feet tangle when players are looking back it's no call. When feet tangle and one player is not looking back it's PI. He WAS NOT looking back and had not been for several steps. It was PI and I'd throw beer on my TV if the officials didn't make the same call if it was a GB receiver.

The off-sides looks like a bad call; ref was probably looking down the line and keyed on ware's movement vs the other players.

The only bad call (afirmed by the head of officiating), was the strip of TO early in the game. That should have been GB ball.

Officiating had nothing to do with the o-line missing blitz pick-ups, the D turning TO loose in the zones, nobody getting pressure on Romo, etc. In my opinion, this game was not as close as 10 points; GB did not play well. Gives me confidence that we can come back and get it right.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was a great game. Two great teams, and a lot of expectations to live up to. Unfortunately we'd didn't live up to all of ours, but there were some positive things to be taken away from that game. I hope we see eachother again in the playoffs.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wasnt trying to gloat at all. I just think its rediculous to blame a loss on officiating it takes all the fun out it.
When it's such blatantly obvious lousy calls, it's frustrating. Harris stripped the ball, and even the ref that was watching it said it was our ball. The guy behind the play, who couldn't see crap, reversed it.
That could have swung momentum our way for the night. Instead, Harris gets PO'd cause he's screwed out of a big play he made, and he gets called for a penalty on top of it.
As far as your guy being called offsides, the angle i saw doesn't show how far into the "neutral zone" he was when it was called. The ref is right on the line of scrimmage. So to say he wasn't offsides is iffy at best. Nothing like the blatantly horrible call on Harris' strip.
No, thats not the only thing that cost us the game. The Cowboys are a very good team. But when you MAKE a huge play, and get screwed out of it in "enemy" territory, you can't blame us for being frustrated.
Your team was healthy, and your offense ripped us up. Thats fact. I don't mind losing, it's when such bad calls cost you so much that it ticks me off.
But in the end, your guys got the "W", and thats what counts.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fecrida7 said:
When it's such blatantly obvious lousy calls, it's frustrating. Harris stripped the ball, and even the ref that was watching it said it was our ball. The guy behind the play, who couldn't see crap, reversed it.
That could have swung momentum our way for the night. Instead, Harris gets PO'd cause he's screwed out of a big play he made, and he gets called for a penalty on top of it.
As far as your guy being called offsides, the angle i saw doesn't show how far into the "neutral zone" he was when it was called. The ref is right on the line of scrimmage. So to say he wasn't offsides is iffy at best. Nothing like the blatantly horrible call on Harris' strip.
No, thats not the only thing that cost us the game. The Cowboys are a very good team. But when you MAKE a huge play, and get screwed out of it in "enemy" territory, you can't blame us for being frustrated.
Your team was healthy, and your offense ripped us up. Thats fact. I don't mind losing, it's when such bad calls cost you so much that it ticks me off.

You can find those calls in ANY game. C'mon now. The refs didn't beat us, The Cowboys did. The Cowboys are a better team.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ivan and Fecrida,

This is a Packers forum. These are Packer fans. What do you want from them? They acknowledged Dallas played a good game. They have every right to be frustrated about borderline calls and the premature stoppage that cost them a turnover on the TO catch. Yes the Ware play was not offsides, but in regular motion it sure looked like it was. Just like the PI call looked like a PI in regular motion.

Honestly I don't think that game proved either team was better. We looked good early, but looked bad trying to stop Rodgers. They got beat early, but came back strong so I don't know what the point is. Dallas won, but they didn't dominate.

Congratulate each other for a good game and move on.

I agree, but I think the Cowboys are and were the better team. With that said, I think the Packers can still beat them though.

It wasn't the ref who cost the game, yes some of the 'no call' or whatever hurt the team, yeah, but what hurt more was us going away from the offense that won us so many games. What was with the deep throws all the time? I don't get it. I'm not any HC so ...

cheesey said:
fecrida7 said:

You can find those calls in ANY game. C'mon now. The refs didn't beat us, The Cowboys did. The Cowboys are a better team.
I agree with the recycled poster's comment. Cowboys are just a better team. I hate saying it, but sometimes, you have to face the truth. Hopefully we can be the better team the next time we meet.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
fecrida7 said:

Did you bother to read my entire post? You must not have, or you wouldn't have made the "C'mon now" comment.
I acknowledged that the Cowboys are a good team, and they won. Does that mean a crappy call against us shouldn't frustrate me? That Harris call COULD have made a huge difference. Of course we will never know, cause the refs screwed it up. How many times has that happened to us this season? Plenty.
Yes, the Cowboys are good. I never doubted that, or denied that. You don't get o 10-1 by sucking. And theres no guarentee that we will beat them in a rematch, if that even happens.
The refs didn't beat us. But their missing that call could have changed the whole game. In fact it did, as it gave them the ball when it should have been ours, and caused Harris to screw up and give them another 15 yards.
It might have changed the game, it might not have.
It doesn't mean i have to be over joyed that the refs seem to miss calls on a consistant basis.
When you are playing a lousy team, you can over come bad reffing. When you are playing a team as good as the Cowboys, you can't.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB94SACKEM said:
cheesey said:
fecrida7 said:

Did you bother to read my entire post? You must not have, or you wouldn't have made the "C'mon now" comment.
I acknowledged that the Cowboys are a good team, and they won. Does that mean a crappy call against us shouldn't frustrate me? That Harris call COULD have made a huge difference. Of course we will never know, cause the refs screwed it up. How many times has that happened to us this season? Plenty.
Yes, the Cowboys are good. I never doubted that, or denied that. You don't get o 10-1 by sucking. And theres no guarentee that we will beat them in a rematch, if that even happens.
The refs didn't beat us. But their missing that call could have changed the whole game. In fact it did, as it gave them the ball when it should have been ours, and caused Harris to screw up and give them another 15 yards.
It doesn't mean i have to be over joyed that the refs seem to miss calls on a consistant basis.
When you are playing a lousy team, you can over come bad reffing. When you are playing a team as good as the Cowboys, you can't.

Cheesy

point well made. at least 14 points the cowboys got through thr referees' timely blunders.

Let's take the 14 points off and what is the score?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
KGB94SACKEM said:
cheesey said:
fecrida7 said:

Cheesy

point well made. at least 14 points the cowboys got through thr referees' timely blunders.

Thank you.
Now, i'm not saying it's all the refs fault that we lost, i AM saying it could have made the difference. Of course we will never know. Some fans i guess don't see possible momentum changing calls as important. Maybe in the end it wouldn't have mattered.........then again, maybe that would have been a springboard to us getting the win.
It's over, we need to move on and get our minds set on the Raiders. There is work to be done yet!

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
cheesey said:
KGB94SACKEM said:
cheesey said:
fecrida7 said:

Cheesy

Thank you.
Now, i'm not saying it's all the refs fault that we lost, i AM saying it could have made the difference. Of course we will never know. Some fans i guess don't see possible momentum changing calls as important. Maybe in the end it wouldn't have mattered.........then again, maybe that would have been a springboard to us getting the win.
It's over, we need to move on and get our minds set on the Raiders. There is work to be done yet!

Here, I disagree. Its NEVER over until the referees correct their ways. Who is to say these same idiots won't be officiating the Raiders/packers game?

Tthe league HAS to intervene and can these *****.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've seen several "OOps!" comments by the NFL reguarding the bad reffing.........unfortunatly that doesn't correct the bad calls, or stop them from happening.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
*** the bad calls from the refs. Let them get them all out during the regular season and HOPE they don't happen during the playoffs.

The cowboys won, they were the better team. That's it.

I like poop.

NormaL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm from the Chicago area (surrounded by Bear fans at work everyday) and even THEY were saying unprompted by me that the "officials did everything in their power to give the cowboys the game". Those comments were shocking to me to say the least coming from them.

ivanfan12345

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm from the Chicago area (surrounded by Bear fans at work everyday) and even THEY were saying unprompted by me that the "officials did everything in their power to give the cowboys the game". Those comments were shocking to me to say the least coming from them.

You can talk about all the refs you want..but let me ask you something..

5min to go in 4th quarter cowboys up by 10..

In my opinion in this league anything can happened with 5 min left and down by 10 Packers had no answer to stopping us . They simply got outplayed and out hustled.

Good luck throughout the season there is still allot of football to be played , Anything can happened in this league especially with 4 more games. I've spoke my opinion and thoughts on the game time to move on after all .. Detroit's has nothing to loose.. Good Luck once again..and a very good game.

See YOU ALL very soon.

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where was the penalty flag for using a prop in a TD celebration?

Ocho Cinco got one when he played with the TV camera.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NormaL said:

You can talk about all the refs you want..but let me ask you something..

5min to go in 4th quarter cowboys up by 10..

In my opinion in this league anything can happened with 5 min left and down by 10 Packers had no answer to stopping us . They simply got outplayed and out hustled.
Yes.......but as i stated before.........had we got the ball (which if your honest, you'd say the refs blew the call) maybe WE would have scored and changed the entire game. ONE play like that can have a HUGE effect on the rest of the game. If it had been called right, maybe WE would have been ahead with 5 minutes left. Instead, it kept the momentum on your side. Maybe YOUR team would have been forced to be playing catch up, and changed the outcome.
We lost a playoff game against SF a few years back, when the refs missed a fumble by one of their players, which WE recovered. SF went on to score on that drive, and won the game. There was no instant replay then, so we couldn't challenge it. That ONE play cost us the game, and knocked us out of the playoffs.
ONE play can make a HUGE difference in a game.
But, with the refs help as well as our own blunders, your team won.
Congrats.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where was the penalty flag for using a prop in a TD celebration?

Ocho Cinco got one when he played with the TV camera.
I've been saying that all along...........popcorn is a "prop" and against the rules. Yet NO flag??????? Tell me the refs arn't being paid off by someone.
I'd rather think they were being paid off, more then they are THAT incompetent.
ALL those refs on the field, yet not ONE of them said "Gee.....isn't that against the NFL rules??? You think i should throw a flag?"
"No! Don't do that! Jerry Jones might take back the Caddilac he gave me before the game tonight!!!"

NormaL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you see in the replay of the popcorn thing the ref in the end zone watching out of the corner of his eye. As if he didn't want to get caught watching and not doing anything about it. Apparently the refs just let the NFL handle those kind of thing with fines. I like in the interview with T.O. after the game Deion Sanders saying it's funny how the guy with the popcorn just happened to be standing back there. BUSTED

Dallas played a much better game, but their win was tarnished by some bad officiating.

BTW, Aaron Rodgers....man is he gonna be a stud when his turn comes around. How sweet would that have been if he won us the game all things considered. We still would have been complaining about the refs (as per the way things have been going this season) but it would have taken alot of the sting out.

Go Pack

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OMG DALLAS FANS. Ok let me take the time to say this. If we do get you guys in the nfc Championship, we will kick your *** so bad It won't be funny. You might not wanna make Romo your holder this year. Just a feeling.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts