Want to say something about Favre.

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know he gets a lot of hate because he left or is in Minnesota or whatever but I just wanted to say, Thank You Brett. I never posted that anywhere but for all we think he has done, it was totally out numbered by the good. Hopefully he signs with us at the end to retire a Packer!!

Thanks Brett!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfjLzmhqlPY]YouTube - brett favre song, "it was all about the game"[/ame]

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im 18 so when favre first started a game with the packers i was only about a month old. so he is also the only qb i have known. i will always think of him as a packer. when you watch the super bowl highlight as a example you cant help but love him. in 10 years we wont remember favre played for the LA VIKQUEENS HAHA

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as long as he doesn't win a Super Bowl there im cool because I know that he is really just playing because he loves it.

I tried to stay out of this thread because I don't want to get **** started again.

But the only thing has proven over the last 3 years that he is in it for the records, money and himself. I get soo sick and tired of him, announcers and anyone else's trying to propagate the idea that he is only in it because he loves to play. That is such crap. He is a self serving ******* who wants to hold records for as long as possible and make as much money as possible.

I don't have a problem with a player doing this. Except when you say the entire time that that's not what your doing it for. And then that makes you a turd!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I know he gets a lot of hate because he left or is in Minnesota or whatever but I just wanted to say, Thank You Brett. I never posted that anywhere but for all we think he has done, it was totally out numbered by the good. Hopefully he signs with us at the end to retire a Packer!!

Thanks Brett!

YouTube - brett favre song, "it was all about the game"

WHO? Wasn't he one of the players we had between Bart Starr and Aaron Rodgers? :confused:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the only reason he played was because of his love of the game he wouldn't have waffled all these years nor would he have quit on the Packers after the 2008 season. If you want to study a QB that plays for all the right reasons watch our present starting QB.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

You can also thank him for keeping us (nearly single handedly) out of 3 more Super Bowls. Not saying we would have won, but he robbed his teams of the chance. Add on the Vikings of last year and that's 4 times he has made idiotic decisions on the field that destroyed his team's chance at going to a SB.

FOUR TIMES A SB TRIP WAS THROWN AWAY BY HIM! 4 FREAKING TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks "non-insane Brett" for the 96 Championship! That rocked, good times. Sorry you have gone completely bat **** crazy now from all those blows to the head and performance enhancing drugs. Dude, bummer.

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i remember brett favre the football player, who use 2 be a great packer teamate. Until all his buddys and peers were traded, cut, retired. It was really sad watching him at the end not hanging out with his Packer O-lineman, TE or WR any longer. It took him going to the Jets and hereing his fellow players dog him out about not hanging out with the other guys. So Brett conived a gameplan on having the Jets release him so he can go where his friends are (Bevel, Longwell) Vikings. I wish all the Favre lovers would realize he did SCREW OVER GREEN BAY!!!!!! It took him getting kicked 2 the curb in Green Bay and seeing the Jets didnt want him back to open his eyes and realize it humbled him back to earth. I miss Brett in the 90's, but the 2000's Brett was very egotistical and self centered. Its not about the money?? He should take a pay cut 2 bring in other players...aka - John Elway (Elway's last 2 seasons he won the Super Bowl, but people forget or dont even know that Elway cut his salary from 8 million a year to 1 million a year for 2 years. So Denver could bring in more talent !!!!!! Thats what you call playing for the love of the game..

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i remember brett favre the football player, who use 2 be a great packer teamate. Until all his buddys and peers were traded, cut, retired. It was really sad watching him at the end not hanging out with his Packer O-lineman, TE or WR any longer. It took him going to the Jets and hereing his fellow players dog him out about not hanging out with the other guys. So Brett conived a gameplan on having the Jets release him so he can go where his friends are (Bevel, Longwell) Vikings. I wish all the Favre lovers would realize he did SCREW OVER GREEN BAY!!!!!! It took him getting kicked 2 the curb in Green Bay and seeing the Jets didnt want him back to open his eyes and realize it humbled him back to earth. I miss Brett in the 90's, but the 2000's Brett was very egotistical and self centered. Its not about the money?? He should take a pay cut 2 bring in other players...aka - John Elway (Elway's last 2 seasons he won the Super Bowl, but people forget or dont even know that Elway cut his salary from 8 million a year to 1 million a year for 2 years. So Denver could bring in more talent !!!!!! Thats what you call playing for the love of the game..

Are you sure that salary cut wasn't part of the "dead money" that Denver owed to certain people after their last two SB's such as Elway and Terrell Davis? I also thought I had read somewhere that part of the money Favre will get this year from the Vikes was owed him from last year that he would have gotten whether he played or not. I may be wrong, but I thought that the teams could play with the salary cap by giving signing bonus instead of big money contract, but either way the player still gets the big bucks, only it's deferred to later so they owed Elway for years. Anyone????

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will always love the player that, from 94-99, was the best QB I've ever seen.

But the human being has shown his true colors the last 5 years. And, after Holmgren left, in hindsight, only blind fate/gratitude kept me considering him above everything.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Are you sure that salary cut wasn't part of the "dead money" that Denver owed to certain people after their last two SB's such as Elway and Terrell Davis? I also thought I had read somewhere that part of the money Favre will get this year from the Vikes was owed him from last year that he would have gotten whether he played or not. I may be wrong, but I thought that the teams could play with the salary cap by giving signing bonus instead of big money contract, but either way the player still gets the big bucks, only it's deferred to later so they owed Elway for years. Anyone????

Years later it was discovered that Denver violated the salary cap restrictions the year the won the SB against the Pack. Favre's "lifetime" contract with the Packers would have cost the Packers a small fortune in deferred bonuses had he not gone to the Jets.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Years later it was discovered that Denver violated the salary cap restrictions the year the won the SB against the Pack. Favre's "lifetime" contract with the Packers would have cost the Packers a small fortune in deferred bonuses had he not gone to the Jets.

So it seems to have worked out all around, Favre got what he wanted (Minnesota), and GB wasn't stuck for all that cash. Seems like Zygi is taking a huge chance, but then what other choice do they have if they want that new stadium. Superbowl or bust.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to Thank Favre for coming back this season, because I want GREENBAY & Rodgers to get some PAYBACK! Favre came back last year for 2 Reasons, to beat Green Bay and try to get to a SUPERBOWL...that's all, I don't think he loves the game as much as he used to...He wants to go out like Elway...Honestly it doesn't even bother me that he plays for Vikes anymore, it 's insanely annoying how the media works it, but he is good for the NFL, and it's pretty hard to not watch a game he is playing in.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to Thank Favre for coming back this season, because I want GREENBAY & Rodgers to get some PAYBACK! Favre came back last year for 2 Reasons, to beat Green Bay and try to get to a SUPERBOWL...that's all, I don't think he loves the game as much as he used to...He wants to go out like Elway...Honestly it doesn't even bother me that he plays for Vikes anymore, it 's insanely annoying how the media works it, but he is good for the NFL, and it's pretty hard to not watch a game he is playing in.

Well since he said that the Vikings are the best team he's ever played with, the SB should be a done deal. Evidently, according to him, they must be better than the two Packer teams that took him to the SB.

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With regards to Farve I will remember the good (92-96) the bad (5 chokes in the playoffs) and what a greedy arrogant p___K he really was. I hope he gets his ear beats off this year and nothing would make me happier than to see him get a bunch of the cheap shots that Rogers absorbed last year (including 2 from Allen). When he japped Walker in the back in 04 and then cries to the Packers to release him I will never in this life speak well of him again! I can't stand the little weasel. Too bad with all that talent he wasn't half the QB Bart Starr was!
Pack88

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see how anyone can like a former Packer player who then went to a rival team who now plays against the Pack twice a year. (Maybe more including post season.)
My love is for the Packer players as long as they are on the Packers.
When they leave for another team, forget about them.
And even if Burnt Fart retires, I still won't like him since he blew games for the Pack, is a waffle headed flip flopper and will probably quit from the Vikes.
Respect is something to be earned. And any respect I had for Fail, is no longer there. He has not only lost my respect but from other countless Packers fans as well.
I will cheer if he gets a season ending injury or the next time he gets intercepted or when he blows another big game.

jeg53

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can also thank him for keeping us (nearly single handedly) out of 3 more Super Bowls. Not saying we would have won, but he robbed his teams of the chance. Add on the Vikings of last year and that's 4 times he has made idiotic decisions on the field that destroyed his team's chance at going to a SB.

FOUR TIMES A SB TRIP WAS THROWN AWAY BY HIM! 4 FREAKING TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks "non-insane Brett" for the 96 Championship! That rocked, good times. Sorry you have gone completely bat **** crazy now from all those blows to the head and performance enhancing drugs. Dude, bummer.

96 Team was so good even Farve couldn't ---- it up.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So it seems to have worked out all around, Favre got what he wanted (Minnesota), and GB wasn't stuck for all that cash. Seems like Zygi is taking a huge chance, but then what other choice do they have if they want that new stadium. Superbowl or bust.

I recently read an article somewhere on one of the major sports sites that said something to that effect. Wylf is taking a huge risk, banking everything on the Super Bowl. If he doesn't get it, he has risked the future of negotiations with other veteran players on his team, their treatment and compensation. Because, if he wins the Super Bowl, Wylf can say Favre was the exception so they could get the ring. If they don't win the Super Bowl, then Wylf has to explain to others why they can't be treated like Favre. It was something to that effect.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Havent read any replies to this, but Brett DID take pay cuts with the Pack a few times

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Havent read any replies to this, but Brett DID take pay cuts with the Pack a few times

that I didn't know, I guess he can be a team player after all, I still think it will be a sad day for the NFL when Brett Favre retires...even sadder for the Vikes b/c they have ZERO chance to be anything significant for a while when he retires

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked watching Lynn ****ey... he had a arm on him, wow.

Starr was the Man when I was a kid.

Farve was cool in the mid-nineties but threw all the big games away in the 2000's.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that I didn't know, I guess he can be a team player after all, I still think it will be a sad day for the NFL when Brett Favre retires...even sadder for the Vikes b/c they have ZERO chance to be anything significant for a while when he retires

I really doubt Favre took an actual pay cut. My guess is that he got a large signing bonus as did Elway and Terrell Davis to keep them under the salary cap. My understanding is that Denver was paying for that for years. I'd almost bet that's what Favre did also. I will look for the link about the Denver thing.

Members online

No members online now.