Wanna add some more attitude to our LBers..

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
This guy would provide some proven depth at LB and give us another shot of attitude on the Defense... thoughts????

I don't know that we need depth an MLB... but Trotter knows how to win.

TROTTER OUT IN PHILLY

The second tenure of linebacker Jeremiah Trotter in Philly is now over.

WIP radio, Sal Paolantonio of ESPN, and Jay Glazer of FOX report that Trotter will be released. An official announcement will be made at 1:00 p.m. EDT.

Trotter became a star with the Eagles, and was slapped with the franchise tag after the 2001 season, when his rookie contract expired. The team lifted the tag later in the offseason, and Trotter signed with the Redskins. He spent two disappointing years in Washington before being released, and then returned to the Eagles, where he worked his way back into a starting job -- and was a key player during the team's 2004 Super Bowl run. He started 15 games in 2005, and 16 games in 2006.

UPDATE: The Eagles have officially announced the move. Said head coach Andy Reid: "Jeremiah is one of my favorite guys. There's no question that this is the toughest part of this job. He and I met about this last night and it was very emotional for the both of us. Jeremiah and I have been together for many years and he's played a vital role in helping this team win a lot of football games. He developed himself into a Pro Bowl middle linebacker through a lot of hard work and desire. In my mind, he will always be a Philadelphia Eagle and I'm sure he feels the same way. I wish he and his family nothing but the best in the future."

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No.

1. Overrated
2. Would demand a price tag not fitting for his services.
3. Hawk\Barnett\Poppinga with Hodge\Bishop backups will be fine for 2007.

He can keep his attitude at home. We got all the attitude we need with the samurai and the ugly mongoloid with the long hair.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No.

1. Overrated
2. Would demand a price tag not fitting for his services.
3. Hawk\Barnett\Poppinga with Hodge\Bishop backups will be fine for 2007.

He can keep his attitude at home. We got all the attitude we need with the samurai and the ugly mongoloid with the long hair.

Come to think of it he ain't no Fathead prize now is he?

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Probably will be a good pickup for a team hurting at MLB.

We don't need him here, at least not at his price.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Barnett playing MLB... Hawk more than capable of playing MLB and Hodge the backup

the last thing we need is Jeremiah trotter...

but i feel you, if i thought we could get Trotter for cheap (which i think he can be) and he could play strong side linebacker and cover the TE (which he cant) then id pick him up. but alas no. wouldnt be a bad leader.. but were already strapped for roster room as it is.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT would never do this anyway. He'd probably rather draft 2 more LBs next year than pick up Trotter (which is fine with me for reasons others have already stated, i.e. too expensive and we have enough depth).

I think our LB corps is in the top 3 in the league. No sense in bringing in anyone new.

He could be useful for the week 1 game against Philly though.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He can't play special teams. I wouldn't sign him at all because we need our backup linebackers to be able to play special teams.

Now if Barnett goes down then I think you try and make something but right now we need our reserve to be on special teams.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand what ya mean. Personally I wouldnt really want him. Although we do have money to spend....But im not sure I would want to screw up the chemistry that we have at the LB position.

Members online

Latest posts