Walter McFadden

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to start by saying, I DO NOT want Walt picked before the 4-5th round because I think we have other needs. This kid has some great speed and a ton of heart. I think he has great work ethic and a really good head on his shoulders. I really would love to see this kid in the green and gold.

This first article describes Walt's journey through Auburn...
Auburn's Walter McFadden grew into role as top cornerback, team leader | The Gold Mine - al.com

This article describes the steps he has taken to get himself better since the end of the season...
AU FOOTBALL: McFadden: &#39I&#39m a team player&#39 | Opelika-Auburn News

EDIT: Walt just told me that he wants to be a Packer too. He grew up watching Al Harris, so the guy wants to be Green and Gold.

OP
OP
Cardsmc25

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This link shows he can lay the wood...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmFTVasEYY8"]YouTube - walt mcfadden hit/southern miss[/ame]

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cardsmc25 mcfadden would be an awesome addition to our team but he should be picked later on because of his improbable injury concerns. It makes a ton of sense that he has watched Al Harris b/c they are both from the same town and a lot of scouting reports have compared mcfadden to harris.

OP
OP
Cardsmc25

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't agree with you more NY. I just think Walt has some tremendous upside. I would love to see him get taken late in the draft. I think he is going to have a big career. What was the injury prone that you spoke of? I couldn't find much about that...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't agree with you more NY. I just think Walt has some tremendous upside. I would love to see him get taken late in the draft. I think he is going to have a big career. What was the injury prone that you spoke of? I couldn't find much about that...

Never mind about the injury prone thingy, coming out of high school he had some cramping issues but it was really minor. Overall his health checks out. I would definitely like to get this guy if he's available. You can't find corners his size (6' 0") that can run in the 4.3 to 4.4 range.

OP
OP
Cardsmc25

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never mind about the injury prone thingy, coming out of high school he had some cramping issues but it was really minor. Overall his health checks out. I would definitely like to get this guy if he's available. You can't find corners his size (6' 0") that can run in the 4.3 to 4.4 range.

I think he is flying under the radar too. I have seen some rankings that have him the 38th best CB, which I disagree with completely. I know he is working really hard with a coach, trying to put on some weight. I don't think he has been invited to the combine and he didn't play in the senior bowl... not sure why he wasn't invited.

OP
OP
Cardsmc25

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My boy McFadden was featured in a blurb in ESPN the magazine. They said McFadden was ranked 19th for CB's and they thought it an outrage that he wasn't invited to the combine.

every1else

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to say, I did like that hit.

And another Harris couldn't hurt. He just needs to grow his hair.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm an Auburn Tigers fan so consider the bias as you read this post. Considering the ages of both starting corners, and Harris' injury we'd have to be STUPID not to get this guy. I'm not sure I'd wait until the 4th to get him though. I think he's a 3 for us. Provided we get at least one good offensive lineman in the first 2 rounds.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm an Auburn Tigers fan so consider the bias as you read this post. Considering the ages of both starting corners, and Harris' injury we'd have to be STUPID not to get this guy. I'm not sure I'd wait until the 4th to get him though. I think he's a 3 for us. Provided we get at least one good offensive lineman in the first 2 rounds.

TT would definitely be stupid not to take Mcfadden if he falls. I heard he was excellent in his pro day workouts and should be solid contributer to any team. In fact I heard that he may be a starter for any team willing to take a chance. I just hope he can give us more to work with than the other Auburn CB on our roster...

OP
OP
Cardsmc25

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Lee will be ok... just needs some time. If the Packers draft Walter, I am starting the "Wally World" fan club. I think he has a lot of heart and a great work ethic. I think he will need some time to adjust to the pro game, but he can learn from our Vets. My buddy gives me a lot of guff about how much I tout him, but I really think he is going to be a great value for where you can get him.

Members online

Latest posts