Wallace primer, get to know him

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Please lets keep this from being locked..This is what he can do..

http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/seneca-wallace-a-primer

In 2006, Wallace replaced then injured Hasselbeck in week 7 and started for the Seahawks for the following 4 games. In his four starts, the team went 2 – 2 and when Hasselbeck returned from his knee injury in week 12, the Seahawks won their division, rested their starters in the season finale and made it to the divisional round of the playoffs.

I will take 2 and 2 for the Pack now...

In his 4 starts in 2006, Wallace completed 67 of his 114 passes with a completion percentage of 58.8%. He threw for eight touchdowns and five interceptions. His average passer rating from those games was 87, with a high of 114.6 and a low of 69. In those games he threw for 787 yards for a 196 yard per game average.

In three of these four games, the Seahawks were also without their star running back, Shaun Alexander, and in the four games they only averaged 73 yards on the ground. Seattle’s offense was dependent on Wallace.

Seattle called on Wallace a lot in 2008 with Hasselbeck missing time with two separate injuries. Wallace started half of the games, weeks 7 through 10 and weeks 14 through 17.

Wallace’s stats in his games in 2008, were nearly identical to his from 2006. 138 completions on 236 throws for 1512 total yards and an average completion percentage of 58.5 and an average passer rating of 89.5. The team only won three of the 8 games that Wallace started, but with the 19th ranked rushing offense and a defense that gave up the third most yards per game in the NFL, Wallace wasn’t receiving a lot of help from his team.

Wallace’s completion percentage was slightly higher in 2009 at 66.3, and he was throwing the ball a lot. In his two games, Wallace threw the ball 89 times for 518 yards with an average passer rating of 84.25.

In 2010, Wallace went to Cleveland and was reunited with coach Mike Holmgren. Listed as the backup, Wallace was called into duty in week two after starter Jake Delhomme injured his ankle in the season opener.

Wallace played the following four games before he sustained an injury as well.

In those four starts, Wallace completed 63% of his passes for 693 yards and an average rating of 93. He threw 4 touchdowns and two interceptions. The Browns went 1 – 3 during this stretch.

In 2011, Wallace finished out the season for the Browns in place of Clot McCoy, starting the final three games, all losses. These were Wallace’s roughest games. He completed only 50% of his passes for 183 yards a game, with an average rating of 66.7. In three games he threw 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions.

He averages about 60% completion rate and tends to play better games when he has a stronger supporting cast. He throws more touchdowns than interceptions but isn’t as mobile and quick as he used to be.

Go read more

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until Wallace proves otherwise he should be given a chance and get our support. There must be something to him since Mike Holmgren drafted him and kept him with him in Seattle so long, brought him with him to Cleveland and Mike McCarthy chose him as the Packers' back-up this year. McCarthy and Holmgren know a thing or two about quarterbacks so Seneca has some pretty solid endorsements there.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not dreading the Eagles game at all.
Let's see what Wallace can do and then judge him.

Reaction score
Please lets keep this from being locked..This is what he can do..

http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/seneca-wallace-a-primer

I will take 2 and 2 for the Pack now...

Go read more

Sounds fair and as of this time, he is the chosen "next man up!" Let's see what he can do WHEN the OL sustains some blocks instead of him having to run for his life and heave it up under pressure. I'll reserve my judgement and see how this has a chance to play out. If AR misses just the 4 games, I'll settle for 2-2, but would be thrilled with 3-1.

Reaction score
Seneca just has to do what that mustache guy did for the giants when they beat the bills in Superbowl XLOIIIXoL.

Protect the ball - keep drives alive - and keep the opposing offenses off the field.
Time for the D to step up and get back to their 2010 Lockdown ways.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I am not dreading the Eagles game at all.
Let's see what Wallace can do and then judge him.

I'm with you half and half. I agree that Wallace needs to be given a chance to perform before being judged. I am of the opinion that QBs are groomed to start and play over a period of time. Some by game reps (meaning under the gun) some by sitting back and learning and THEN under-the-gun.

The half I'm not with you on, FF, is not the Eagles game. I am ... after watching the Bears backup QB light up our DB's and LB's ... AND ... our DL, I really and truly am seriously concerned that our D isn't going to be helpful over the next 4-6 weeks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts