Walker

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if this deserves a new topic or not, but the other walker threads usually start going off topic.

I just read that John Clayton of espn reported that Walker's agent canceled his visit to the Patriots because miami and walker are negotiating a contract.

The packers would receive
Broncos 2nd round
Broncos 4th round
and a player to be named

The broncos would receive
walker

If this was the case i would do this immediately

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dannychau22 said:
tromadz said:
i didnt know NFL did "players to be named later" deals.

I meant that the player hasn't been revealed. Not like in baseball

ah, ok. cool. lets hope its a name we recognize, and can use right away.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A second and 4th rounder would be solid regardless of the player we get. We have servicable recievers as it is and a 2nd second rounder could get us Stovall.

Charlie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dannychau22 said:
I don't know if this deserves a new topic or not, but the other walker threads usually start going off topic.

I just read that John Clayton of espn reported that Walker's agent canceled his visit to the Patriots because miami and walker are negotiating a contract.

Broncos 2nd round
Broncos 4th round
and a player to be named

walker

To me, I think we should definently go for those 2nd and 4th round picks. That would hopefully help our the Pack.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KFFL

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Green Bay Packers WR Javon Walker is being checked out by Philadelphia Eagles trainers in the Boston area Friday, April 28.

I thought trip delayed????

Titletown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Houston signing Mario Williams as their 1st pick, look for New Orleans and Green Bay working the following deal:

Green Bay gets the 2nd pick overall from New Orleans and the 2nd pick in round 2 from New Orleans (34th overall).

The Saints get the 5th pick overall from Green Bay, the 7th pick in Round 4 from the Packers (104th overall) and Javon Walker.

At #2, Green Bay drafts Reggie Bush. :D

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dannychau22 said:

Broncos 2nd round
Broncos 4th round
and a player to be named

walker

How is it that Miami and Walker are doing a deal and we get picks from the Broncos and Denver gets Walker? Which team is he making a deal with?

scharles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
How is it that Miami and Walker are doing a deal and we get picks from the Broncos and Denver gets Walker? Which team is he making a deal with?

Thats what I was wondering. I thought I was missing something since no one else had commented on it til Rabid. Whats the deal?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am going on record and stating......The Packers will not Draft Reggie Bush, even at 2.

I could be wrong, but I just can't see it.

OP
OP
D

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Titletown said:
With Houston signing Mario Williams as their 1st pick, look for New Orleans and Green Bay working the following deal:

Green Bay gets the 2nd pick overall from New Orleans and the 2nd pick in round 2 from New Orleans (34th overall).

The Saints get the 5th pick overall from Green Bay, the 7th pick in Round 4 from the Packers (104th overall) and Javon Walker.

At #2, Green Bay drafts Reggie Bush. :D

Packers would need to give more than what you stated especially with 5 other teams making offers.

OP
OP
D

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers | Team might have to rely on 2007 draft picks for Walker
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:47:09 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports the Green Bay Packers might have to rely on 2007 draft picks as compensation for WR Javon Walker. It is believed the team wants a first-round draft pick in return for Walker, but most teams are offering other packages which include second-round picks from the 2006 NFL Draft. If a trade is not finalized by the afternoon of Saturday, April 29, the team will likely have to wait while teams offer draft picks for the 2007 NFL Draft.

Kindof bad news

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Awful news. Suck it up and take a package including a second round pick. That way a highly rated Wide Reciever can be picked without sacrificing one of our other picks.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dannychau22 said:
Packers | Team might have to rely on 2007 draft picks for Walker
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:47:09 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports the Green Bay Packers might have to rely on 2007 draft picks as compensation for WR Javon Walker. It is believed the team wants a first-round draft pick in return for Walker, but most teams are offering other packages which include second-round picks from the 2006 NFL Draft. If a trade is not finalized by the afternoon of Saturday, April 29, the team will likely have to wait while teams offer draft picks for the 2007 NFL Draft.

Kindof bad news

Only bad news if we do it

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Broncos | Team still falling short of a Walker trade
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 22:40:31 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers have had extensive discussions with the Denver Broncos and New Orleans Saints about a trade for WR Javon Walker. They both have high second-round picks, but the Packers have been firm about wanting a first. The Broncos might be the most interested team, but they appear to be willing to give up only one of their second-round picks and WR Ashley Lelie. The Packers are not interested in Lelie and are apparently waiting for a better offer.

Members online

Latest posts