1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Walker WILL NOT be in Camp

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by MajicMan, Jul 20, 2005.

1. chibiabos

chibiabos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ND packer fan

2. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    c'mon chi..

you mean you feel sorry for the poor nfl owners who make MILLIONS off the players backs and the big, fat, tv contracts....merchandising..etc...

and you want the players to have to WORK in the off-season..besides working out all year and keeping themselves in shape?

i don't understand this working class hostility towards the professional athlete today.....

if you go to a rock concert, do you begrudge the performers their millions if they don't play the song you want to hear...?

3. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As a matter of fact I do. We had tickets YEARS AGO to a Linda Ronstadt concert. She didn't play her popular songs. So we didn't go. (Ok they were freebies but had I known that her tour was going to be different music I wouldn't have bought them.)

4. fvre4mvp

fvre4mvp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Its unbelievable that walker would do this to the man favre. He knows he is his favorite target and he know Favre doesn't have many more years left. I mean the biggest piece of trash moss never did this so what does that say about walker. The packers were smart enough to draft him in the 1st round. They drafted him and I said WHO, He proved me wrong and if it wasn't for the pack he would have never got this chance. Maybe this goes to show that it isn't all Rosenhouse its walker to. These 2 guys are the AIDS and Cancer of the league. Something needs to be done or this won't be the best league in the world anymore

5. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    wpr..

..that means the Eagles can't do anything after "Hotel California"..and Deep Purple can't do anything after "Machine Head".....

i find it funny and interesting that some people can't listen to anything but the same classic rock tunes over and over and over again...

it's like music stopped being made after 1974....

6. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You know Pack66 I think the owners would be more than willing to have a "pay for play" system. They could have a set amount of money. Say $50 mil. Then have the players divide it up amongst themselves. Brett had 4000 yards and so he gets a big chunk. Hunt's a weenie so he just gets a few crumbs. Next year split the pie again. Those who do the work get the reward. Sounds great to me.
    You know what? The NFLPA would NEVER stand for it. They would scream how unfair it is and how unfair the owners are.
    Just look at every shop that paid employees for performance using the piecemeal method. As soon as they were unionize that payment plan went out the door.
    Everyone (employees) wants the up side to the contract. (More money in a good year.) And yet none of them want to face the downside. (Less money for a failure to perform.) Or if they do they want the floor to be so high that it isn't a deterrent to them at all. After all they should get around a $ million just for being in the league.
    Just as soon as you can explain to me why JW doesn't feel wrong taking the bonus money and his pay for the 1st 2 years of the contract for his below the league average performance, I will then listen to you or him argue that he deserves a pay raise after just 1 year for an above the league average performance.
    Until then he needs to be a man and honor is word.

7. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I know your point Pack and since this is off topic I didn't want to go into any detail. I wouldn't be opposed to musicians mixing old stuff with a couple of new tunes. LR threw out all her old and went to Spanish songs I think.
    Now so I am not called a racist, a few of those some of her Big Band tunes and mostly old would have been fine.
    She is a free agent so to speak so if she didn't want to do the old any more she should have announced that- kinda like Cat Stevens did before she sold her tickets. She let everyone think they were getting one thing and her performances were all together different.

AS THIS IS OFF TOPIC I AM DONE WITH THE MUSIC ANALOGY

8. chibiabos

chibiabos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    P@ck66. Actually the music stopped long before anyone noticed. Music, that is, with melodies and harmony and substance. Even before the advent of noise!!!

9. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good article:

Walker getting brainwashed

Javon Walker By Todd Korth , packrepted@aol.com
    Date: Jul 21, 2005

Wide receiver committing career suicide with holdout

Javon Walker is making a big mistake with his decision to not report to the Green Bay Packers training camp next week. The wide receiver

10. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    No offense, but I really doubt that Walker's holdout is done to spite Brett. He sees an opening for an easy payout, and that's it, that's his rationale.

BTW, wpr...I was just about to pose that question...who is pulling most of the strings...JW or DR?

11. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    screw him.

12. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why, Chick.....You've made me blush.....

13. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    At some point it will hit Javon - when he see's Driver, Fergie, Chatman, and one or two rookies stepping up - Javon will realize (hopefully) that possible 1,200 yard 15 TD year for him is down the drain. And his career is not on the up swing. It's his loss...IMO

14. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Trade him to us for Onterrio Smith.

15. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    HA!

That's not what I was going to say but I would never want to offend anyone.

Well maybe P@ck66 :wink: J.K.

16. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    :lol: Rarely do I laugh out loud from reading a message board post.