1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Walker To Do List

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    A) Fire Agent, rehire ur old one.
    B) Make a news conference, apologize for your insensative (soldiers being sent back to war analogy) comments, your immature actions and state you made a huge mistake.
    C) Behind closed doors, talk to TT and get your lashing from him that you deserve and understand the Packers WILL take care of you!
    D) Play your a s s off like the Pre Drew Walker we all loved.

I would LOVE to see some of those take place, granted I can't be behind closed doors but you get the idea.

2. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Big loss for super-dink Rosenhaus. Gotta love it! :D

3. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Unless, the Pack gave in and offered to renegotiate in the near future as Rosenbutt requested. Neither side is talking.

I would like to think we didn't do that . . .but we may have.

4. Favreforever721

Favreforever721 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    E) Catch 10 passes for 200 yds against Minnesota when we kick their @$$!

5. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Everything I'm reading is the Packers agreed to renegotiate his contract at the end of this season which is the normal process the Packers have taken in the past.

If those reports are valid and that IS what happened, I think the Packers handled it well while Walker did nothing for himself. The Packers would have redone his contract during the end of this season regardless of his threats.

I do have to say I'm glad TT stood ground and was a class act, I read a report where he stuck up for Walker, that's typical Packer organization being a class act taking care of its players.

6. tano1998

tano1998 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think a lot that this move was consensual with Rosenshit....No surprise Edge James, Owens and Walker all of them went to camp. I'll wait for more surprises.... :evil:

7. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  8. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  9. LambeauLeaper

LambeauLeaper Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hunt holding out is one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time. What the hell is this guy thinking?? Does he want to prove that he's the dumbest man on the face of the planet? "Hmm, my stock is lower than it ever has been in my career. I was held out of game last season because my coach wanted to rest me..I mean because he was pissed at my lack of effort, I haven't done a damn thing since signing my huge contract but gain weight and take up a roster spot. NOW IS THE TIME TO HOLD OUT!! I'VE GOT ALL THE LEVERAGE I NEED!!"

...what a putz.

10. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Maybe hunt is holding out because he's getting too much money and feels guilty.

11. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I really wonder if this is a holdout LL because like you said, could you be any dumber? (Maybe if BJ Sander tried to stage a holdout).

I seriously wonder if all the crap he spouted off about being mad at the team is really just him saving face for not wanting to admit that he's too lazy/lost the desire to play.

12. mkapp

mkapp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ...And burn Sharper on the play!

13. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    That goes on the 'anyone can do' list

14. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    So much about negotians is about saving face. Whenever anyone backs another person into a corner it's difficult for all parties to save face. I'm pretty sure that I read awhile back that the Pack would renogiate his contract, but not this year. What more could the kid ask for? But he hired an agent who told him he could get him more early. As soon as his agent shot his mouth off, the "saving face" issue was gone and the damage was done. I agree for this all to be put behind Walker needs to issue and apology and an assurance that he will practice and play hard. For some reason saying "I'm sorry" is the most difficult thing in the world to do for most people. So let's not hold our breath on this one.

15. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    He said he has no regrets and the public will get over it. Another thing to note, Drew does not get paid a dime for his efforts unless a new contract gets signed by his client. Most of his clients are under contracts already with their previous agents.

16. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Well if Javon thinks the fans will get over it, he may be wrong. I for one won't get over it, especailly after that comment. This kid had one great season. He's knocking down a half million dollars for 16 games. Folks that's that exceptional salary no matter what you do for a living. I have no pity for anyone who makes that kind of dough. Those comments make me lose all the respect I had for him. The boy could be in trouble with Green Bay fans unless he repents.