Walker: Thompson drove me from Green Bay

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
He "drove you from Lambeau?" With the price of gas, you should be thankful!
The Packers stance has been NOT to negotiate with more then ONE year left on a contract. So TT said NO to "poor little Javon." Had he been willing to EARN an extension here, he would have got it, period. As Driver did. He wasn't willing to wait, or follow the Packers rules. If they broke the rule for him, then they would open the door for all future players to do the same, and say "Well, you did it for JW!"

But he just extended Driver's contract with two years left on it? HMMMM

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
cheesey said:
He "drove you from Lambeau?" With the price of gas, you should be thankful!
The Packers stance has been NOT to negotiate with more then ONE year left on a contract. So TT said NO to "poor little Javon." Had he been willing to EARN an extension here, he would have got it, period. As Driver did. He wasn't willing to wait, or follow the Packers rules. If they broke the rule for him, then they would open the door for all future players to do the same, and say "Well, you did it for JW!"

But he just extended Driver's contract with two years left on it? HMMMM

I wonder if Driver really put the pressure on the Packers, behind closed doors? Wasn't Ferguson making more than Driver before his extension?

Reaction score
Yes 4th, you are right. Ferggy was scheduled to make about one million more than Driver this year. I wouldn't be surprised if Driver put pressure on them, but perhaps it was TT taking a final stab at Walker, that if you had come out and played, kept your mouth shut, and acted like a real pro, we would have given you a new contract too, regardless of the years left.

Members online

Latest posts