Walker signs $55M deal with the Raiders

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So he wallows around in Oakland for a year or 2, whines some and get's traded to New England for a SB run. Nah, that never happens ....

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As Al Davis would say: "Go vertical, baby!" I'm sure he has visions of Jamarcus Russell heaving it up there for Javon. Maybe it will happen a few times, but this strategy seldom works.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as Javon has the best stats on the team, that's all he needs.

When he talked about wanting out of Denver, I said he belongs on a team that will lose a ton, but where he'll be the unquestioned #1 WR. This looks just about right.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me....he knows he's done, and just went for the big paycheck. Where else to go but Al Davis deep pockets?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Danreb said:
Yeah but damn. He's technically the highest paid WR in the NFL.
And i bet he STILL thinks he deserves it! :roll:

probably.
If he would have sucked it up, and honored his contract here, he MIGHT have become an elite WR. Now, to me at least, he has become a caricature of himself.
Maybe he will prove me wrong in Raider land........but i wouldn't bet it.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Free Agency is all about overpaying for average talent, and really overpaying for quality talent. Couple that with the fact the the Raiders organization is so dysfunctional that no sane person would go there for equal money and you have Javon Walker signing a contract way out of league for a player with his career accomplishments.

Members online

Latest posts