Walker out

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
damn it!

I still don't support it, but you can see the rationale behind Rosenhaus and Walker's little stunt this offseason.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
damn it!

I still don't support it, but you can see the rationale behind Rosenhaus and Walker's little stunt this offseason.

Why? Javon Walker had 2 years remaining on his 5 year contract. He was paid a crapload of guaranteed money with his signing bonus. That's the breaks man. I'm not going off on you musccy--just the general idea of ANYONE supporting Walker and Rosenhaus' tactics.

On the same note--one of the fan bloggers on JS-online mentioned the same thing today about Rosenhaus and I sent him an e-mail flogging him for it. He replied right back to me and agreed. I think he even went as far to say he shouldn't have wrote it. I haven't e-mailed him back yet but the guy knew his football. One of the other things he mentioned to me was the poor 3rd down playcalling we had yesterday. That was a killer.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't support what he did, but I sort of see their point...he's a top tier wr, and they were concerned that if he gets injured, his time to cash out may never come. We all said, just bide your time for a year, and the $ will come. Now that's not going to happen, and this injury could potentially limit his career's potential. Again, I side w/ what the Packers did, but I see JW's side too, and feel bad for him.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I can say is too damn bad. Why does he deserve more money because he gets injured? That's ludicrous. You play your contract. If you don't want to get injured don't sign the contract and stay out of football.

Javon knew the risks he was taking by playing professional football. How does that garner him any more cash?

I don't think he has the right to any more money, nor is he no more entitled to it than the next guy. Too damn bad if you get injured. Get a real job like the rest of us.

Members online

Latest posts