Walker out for the season????

Status
Not open for further replies.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Found this......

ON WISCONSIN : JS ONLINE : PACKER PLUS ONLINE : REVIEW : E-MAIL | PRINT THIS STORY
Knee injury may sideline Walker for season
Journal Interactive
Posted: Sept. 11, 2005

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Javon Walker appears to have suffered a tear in the anterior cruciate ligament of his right knee when he went down with an injury in the third quarter of the Packers' 17-3 loss to the Lions, Packers head coach Mike Sherman said in his post-game news conference. If so, the injury would likely sideline the Pro Bowl wide receiver for the rest of the season.

"It's ACL, as I understand," said Sherman. "You really can't make a determination on that until you get an MRI on that tomorrow. But, he certainly was not able to come back in this ball game - and I doubt anytime in the near future."

Walker was hurt when he caught a 55-yard pass - negated by a pass-interference call on him - and was tackled by safety Terrence Holt.

When Sherman was asked if the injury Walker suffered was likely season-ending, Sherman replied: "Most of the time."

As Walker lay on the turf, he grabbed his right knee. After trainers attended to him for a few minutes, he gingerly walked toward the bench. He was later taken to the locker room on a cart, once shaking his head from side to side.

Walker had four receptions for 27 yards when he left the game.

Complete coverage of this story will appear online later tonight and in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel in the morning.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver had over 1200 yards last season, and Ferguson is younger than walker, and is ready to break out...relax

its not official yet...wait till the MRI

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he is out for the season, which i hope he isn't, do we pick up a free agent wide out or stick with who we have?
Cause right now we have 3 capable starters (Driver, Ferguson, and Chatman) and 1 injured reciever (Murphy) and possibly Javon added to that list of injured.

OP
OP
wischeez

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Driver had over 1200 yards last season, and Ferguson is younger than walker, and is ready to break out...relax

its not official yet...wait till the MRI

Just thinking the worst and hoping for the best

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The real queston is.... Was his bid to Re-negotiate his contract any more valid based on this injury factor?

If he is never the same again, will the Packers pay him for what he may have made over a full career based on what he asked for in the new contract he was asking for? Or will they pay him out the contract he has right now?

This is one reason why many players want to re do their contracts.

If he is done for the year.... T.T. needs to get on the phone with Al Davis right now and trade for Johnnie Morant.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Walker is out for the season Fergie and Chatman will have to step up big time. A trade would also be an option as Raider Pride noted.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Thurman will be back. I don't think he's on anyone's active roster right now so I would imagine he's the first to get a look.

We could also take a look at Jerry Rice. I know he's available.

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we should pick up Troy Edwards(if he is a FA) and put him in. But right now, here is what our depth at WR is:

1. Donald Driver
2. Robert Ferguson
3. Antonio Chatman
4. Terrence Murphy

OP
OP
wischeez

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
if you want a positive, our offense didn't even do that much WITH walker today...man why can't tom rossley be injured for the season

He's up in the booth,Shermans' calling the offensive plays from my understanding.(correct me if I'm wrong though)

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favreforever721 said:
I think we should pick up Troy Edwards(if he is a FA) and put him in.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Just put Walker on IR so we don't have to pay him (if it is season ending) and sign Troy Edwards.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So NFL players lose their checks when they go on IR?

I thought you could go down with an injury in week one, and still get paid for the season. :mrgreen:

Interesting.

Yeah, I guess Edwards is a nice option. We do need to bring in a vet 3rd...

Oh, and first thing:

Carroll demoted, Thomas promoted!!! Anything less...and your not trying to win. :evil:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed. we can win with driverferguson, as long as carroll isnt playing on defense.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MajicMan said:
So NFL players lose their checks when they go on IR?
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you don't get paid if you are on IR. YOu still get the bonus money, but no salary.

Reaction score
Glad to know SW/Chase is back. Rabidgopher04, as far as my understanding goes, you sumed it up exactly. As far as Walker, this will fuel the holding out issue. But this should allow Ferggie some time to become our 2nd WR. GO FERRGIE!!! :mrgreen:

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wischeez said:
JavonWalker084 said:
if you want a positive, our offense didn't even do that much WITH walker today...man why can't tom rossley be injured for the season

He's up in the booth,Shermans' calling the offensive plays from my understanding.(correct me if I'm wrong though)

great, the moron we signed for another two year extension is the reason we scored THREE POINTS IN DETROIT...(an admirable effort by our defense though i must say...)

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
great, the moron we signed for another two year extension is the reason we scored THREE POINTS IN DETROIT...(an admirable effort by our defense though i must say...)

I think the Pack having 14 penalties for 100 yards had a little more to do with them losing than Mike Sherman's play calling.

I agree the defense looked 100% better compared to last season.

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts