1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Walker is history...got my tickets!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by DePack, May 11, 2006.

1. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm done with the Walker argument. Hopefully EVERYBODY will learn from it. See, I didn't even mention TT :oops: .

Anyway....you guys can't get me p1ssed today because I just secured my tickets and hotel room for the Dec 21 game against the queens. The one that could POSSIBLY be Brett's last home game (but hopefully not). Me, my wife and my son will drive out there and pick up my daughter from college on the way and spend 3 great days in Green Bay.

My wish is that Brett breaks Marino's TD record that day. A 63 yard TD to Driver after Darren Sharper gets over to help out too late! The only other game I've seen at Lambeau pitted Favre against Marino. Ironic....ain't it?

2. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude....great job! Should be fun.

Just the simple rantings of a hingehead!! LOL

3. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Hingehead.......man I love that term. Sometimes I even use it when it's not warranted. :wink:

4. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    From another Hingehead, have a good time DePack!

5. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    All right quit trying to make me feel bad. You both know that you weren't the hingeheads that I was talking about. You know where I was going!!!

Thanks anyway!!!

6. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    sounds like a good time, depack!! :joy:

7. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am going to change my signature to:

"Proud to be one of DePack's hingeheaded brethren."

8. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Depack, we are just testing out that claim of not being able to piss you off. That kind of sounds like a triple dog dare to me!

Enjoy the trip. Mrs. Dakota T and I are building a house this fall, I might not even get to watch the Packer games. Nah scratch that.

9. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dakota...I will excuse the deviation you displayed towards the guidelines in the "Dare Ettiquette Manual".....this time.......completely skipping over "double dog dare"....tsk, tsk.

Your punishment....."Apply moist tongue to a cold flag pole"

Court is adjourned!!

God, I love that movie...probably could not be made today with the child abuse (Schwartz getting beaten by Mom) or the racial element fa ra ra ra rah, ra ra ra raaaaaaah). A classic!!

10. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Gotta love a woman who can handle a hammer :lol:

Must watch all games though.....even if your house is delayed a couple months. Good luck!

11. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I've been to both SB's in New Orleans and San Diego, traveled to Tampa twice, regular season games in NO, Atlanta, and, way back when they split games with Milwaukee.

I have never been to Lambeau.

I have five things I want to do before I go.

In no particular order:

The Masters (I have loved watching it on TV.)
    Indy
    Kentucky Derby
    British Open ( I'm irish and my mom was planning a trip when she was diagnosed with cancer and never made it). I want to go to the Open and then Ireland.
    Lambeau field to a Packers game. Would love it to be against the Bears.

God willing I will get to these.

Congrats Depack. I hope we thump their a$$.

12. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    WOW great list. Sorry about your mom.

Gotta get to Lambeau. My daughter went to the Derby last week and had a blast. I've visited Churchhill Downs and Indy but not during the Derby orn 500!

13. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    my hubby (bob) goes to the indy 500 every year! his buddy's dad has had tickets for nearly 47 years & eventually, bob was asked to go along. he's been going for several years now. they take my mom's motorhome & stay right near the speedway. it's the big "guy weekend"!!

i'm also sorry about your mom. i just lost my dad to cancer nearly 7 months ago - it's tough man.

14. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Lambeau is pretty cool. I have been to 3 Bear v Packer games. I am going again this year. It is a pretty good time, but make sure that you have good pre game plans.

15. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Man DePack, that is some plan! I would LOVE to watch Favre's last game, be able to tell my kid the way he went out with a bang (heres hoping he does :cheers: ). Be sure to take lots of pics so you can post them here! :D (I'm serious, I'll hound you until you do DePack :p )

Sorry to hear about your mother warhawk, and your father 4packgirl. I know how hard it is too loose family. I am no good in dealing with death's, but it is something to which me must all sucumb.

16. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    YOU'RE MARRIED!!?? that statement just ruined the day for half the guys on here. just kidding. my dad's name is steve but my mom ALWAYS calls him bob, like the saturday night live skit with the super fans(i know, i know. spare me the backlash, please). i was at the game in lambeau in 2004 when we beat the queens, and dad is in the process of securing tickets for the vikings game in minneapolis in november. my fiancee is coming and she is from minnesota. she's a vikings fan. it should be... interesting.

17. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey I've only been to Green Bay twice. Once in July for training camp and once in September for a game. It was about 85 degrees both times.

How is the weather in late December. Pretty toasty, I bet. Should I leave the shorts and bathing suit home?

18. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude, Lambeau in the cold is out of this world. Went to the 1993 Raiders game where it was recorded as the second coldest game played in Lambeau after the Ice Bowl. What an awesome time.

As the temperatures drop, the fans' enthusiasm rises......aided by beer, of course.

19. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I remember that game. It was before directtv so I used to drive my father in-law and 7 year old daughter into Philly to watch all the games at a bar. Yea I know.....probably not the best idea in the world but she was a fanatic, even at that age. The thing I remember the most was that the Raiders didn't want to be there. Art Shell was the coach and the longer the game went on, the more frozen schnott he had on his mustache :lol:

I think the Pack won something like 28-0!

20. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As I recall, it was Christmas day, or the day after perhaps. Had to wake up and get on the road at 4 am to get back from my folks in time to drive back up to Lambeau and have some proper tailgating.

Yes, the Raiders were looking to get back in the locker room the minute they hit the field.

21. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    De- You're making me so jealous. It's my dream. Especially that game. I don't want to just go to Lambeau for a game, but, to go and experience the frozen tundra during December or January against the Vikes(1), or the Bears(2). My only game was 2003 when we played the Chargers out here. Just for this I think I'll have to start another Walker/TT thread!!
    Calicheesehead lay there like a slug.... it was his only defense( sorry, had to keep the Christmas story alive)

22. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    "A commercial......a crummy commercial....son of a bitch!"

Ralphie after getting shafted by Little Orphan Annie's secret message.

23. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Damn....this threads been all over the place. I love it!

24. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This is the best thread we have had in a long time. I made it to Lambeau once. It was the Pittsburgh game when Thigpen dropped a sure winning touchdown. We won the division and I got to gloat all the way home (My three friends are Steeler fans).

Bar hopping the night before was a pretty good time as well! The only problem we had was finding a restaurant to eat at after the game. It was Christmas Eve and the whole town shut down. Applebees let us poor bastards in (I think they could smell the desperation) and sat us next to Sean Jones' party. Good times, and the best Christmas I ever spent.

25. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Dakota....is that the game that Brett spitup blood and then went back into the game and threw a TD?