Walker grumbling about contract extension AGAIN...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well...he isnt holding any cards this time. With his injury, hes gonna have to take it like a man.

Tarlam!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi, newbie here... :lol:

Anyways, I saw this story as well. I have said in the past that a contract is a contract. Fulfill them, get a new one.

Javon's attitude gets up my nose.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeez what are they thinking he just tore an ACL and now he wants top money. But since he does lets load a contract with incentives so he has to perform to get the money

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that they need to see what he has after such an injury, but Walker has done the things he needed to to get a new contract. He came to camp and did his deed, then got hurt, but he is now in the guidelines for a new contract having only one year left on his contract. I see the Packers giving him a new deal, but with incentives because of the injury his in rehabing. I like Walker and think he is gonna be a great WR for the Pack for years to come.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is earning 1/4 of the money Ferguson is and I think that bothers him.
If a deal is not worked before the end of the season I don't think one every will get worked. I doubt Walker would want to play in a situation with newbie QB like Rodgers.

The other item is that it can be argued Walker, for his talk and hype, has only had one good year since a 1st and 2nd round pick were spent on him in 2002. He does have a very low(single digit) Wonderlic score.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tromadz said:
well...he isnt holding any cards this time. With his injury, hes gonna have to take it like a man.

TT-romadz...

If your boy TT adopts this kind of attitude....nobody is gonna wanna sign with the Packers...and "Untouchable Ted" will have failed miserably in his short stint in GB.....

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You'd think his stint with Drew "RosenHorehouse" would have woke this kid up. He should NOT be crying out in public. Even at his "low" pay, he makes more in one year then most hard working Americans make in 12 years! It's ok to want to work out a contract, but DON'T act like a baby and cry when you don't get your way. I do hope they can get one done before the camps start, so that he can be there. To me, ALL player contracts should be done with incentive clauses (Santa's younger brother....LOLOL!!!) so that the guy that PRODUCES gets the most money! NOT just because of "possible" production. What other job is there where you get paid BIG money on what you MIGHT be able to do? None that i can think of, except Pro atheletes.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

He wasn't holding very good cards last time either. The guy was and is still under contract. Moreover, he's coming off a knee injury....he needs to have another big year to get big $$$ IMO.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
I agree with you 100% cheesy. Its amazing, they keep wanting more, and more, and more....

I would LOVE to see incentive laden deals. Especially with the newer generation of players, because once they get their pay day, its over. They don't work as hard, do as much, and act like total morons.

The thing with Walker is that he choose not to let the Packers doctor perform his surgery, instead choosing the Texans doctor. Furthermore, he choose to stay and rehabilitate in Texas, rather than have his rehabilitation being monitored by the Packers medical staff. And now he wants to get a big pay day when the Packers haven't even been following him throughout his injury. That is some stupid agent giving Walker advice to do this.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to belive that Walker is a malcontent, but it's starting to look like this. The bottom line is that he once again doesn't hold the cards in his favor, and that doesn't say much for his intellect. The wisest choice he could make would be to come into camp and show that he's at the top of his game. If that's the case and if he truly wants to stay here, then you pay him. If this isn't where he wants to be then you don't give him the pay raise and you trade him for as much as you can get, which should be sizable considering he isn't paid much.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allabout and Packed.......you are SO right! There is NO end to the greed these guys have today. In the 1960's, guys had to take a summer job to make a living! Today's atheletes are spoiled BRATS! Guys didn't make in a whole season what some of these guys get playing one QUARTER of a game! They should shut their big mouths, and HONOR their contract! And be THANKFUL they don't have to get a REAL job!!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
tromadz said:

TT-romadz...

If your boy TT adopts this kind of attitude....nobody is gonna wanna sign with the Packers...and "Untouchable Ted" will have failed miserably in his short stint in GB.....

whatever you say, Wrong66

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed Trom I will say I dont agree with everything TT does but a hard nosed approach to players still under contract is required

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
tromadz said:

TT-romadz...

Out of line. Can you maybe REACH a litter farther with your attempts at slamming TT and trom?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
P@ck66 said:
tromadz said:

TT-romadz...

Out of line. Can you maybe REACH a litter farther with your attempts at slamming TT and trom?

of course he can! :lol:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
P@ck66 said:
tromadz said:

TT-romadz...

Oh he is not out of line. He is just being witty. It only "looks" like he is being a jerk 99% of the time.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My take is this is a "tempest in a teapot."

My God, the kid has practiced and played hard, he has never held out and has honored his contract.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

What is everyone's problem with Javon?

Is he not entitled to approach this multi-billion dollar business with some self advocacy and looking out for his and his family's well being?

I really like Brett Favre (always have), but he has been far more controversial over the course of his career than Javon Walker.

Javon fired Drew and his new agent said he is working hard and will be ready to play in 2006 -- what more can you ask for or expect?

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I ask is he keep his contract negotiations out of the public. If it is about self advocacy for his family and private life keep it there.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
All I ask is he keep his contract negotiations out of the public. If it is about self advocacy for his family and private life keep it there.

That is exactly what has happened.

His agent denied the rumors of a trade demand -- which Thompson confirmed were false.

His agent has said he is working hard and will be ready for training camp.

Javon did not make this controversy.

His last agent loved the publicity and took it the public route. Javon fired him when he saw how ineffective it was -- Javon is not responsible for irresponsible reporters looking to create a story.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats cool I know the trade thing was bunk but there has to be some story to it to be run. But then again in the media today you dont need it to be true you just need it to be believable

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Bruce I have to disagree with you buddy. I think it is irresponsible of Walker to ask for a big pay day coming off a major injury. He hasn't been monitored by the Packers medical staff, so they could at least gauge how his recovery process is going. He expects the Packers to sign him to a huge extension when he could potentially have had or will have setbacks? I wouldn't be opposed to a incentive laden deal, but I highly doubt J-Walk would want such a thing.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems most players today shy away from incentive clauses........it means they HAVE to play well to get the big pay. I think thats the way it should be for EVERY player. Play well, get paid well. I know, i'm dreaming. But this would make players much better, as they would get paid for performance. And NOT get the big bucks if they became a "Hunt" type.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Bruce said:
Is he not entitled to approach this multi-billion dollar business with some self advocacy and looking out for his and his family's well being?

You're a smart guy, well knowledged and yet you have the audacity to state hsi familys well being? Give me a break! Who the hell needs over 1,000,000 dollars annually to support their family? You show me that family and I'll show you a family who needs to get an accountant.

Aside from that statement, Javon does deserve an increase, not to SUPPORT HIS FAMILY but because he's earned it. I would say let the man play this year see how he performs the first half of the season and if its right where he left off, throw some coin at the man, make him happy. Or as some see it, make it so he can support his family. Cuz you know his great great grandchildren shouldn't have to work at all because Pappy Javon was a talented WR!

I like Javon always have except when he hired Drew, then I began to question his antics and comments. He made some immature statements, but **** who's perfect? He in my opinion learned from his mistakes, canned Drew shidphace and from what I know is busting his *** to get back in to camp for the Packers. THE PACKERS!

Members online

Latest posts