Walden

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
That his teammates respect him so much speaks volumes to me. His career so far also reminds me how difficult it is to forecast how players will perform. Three teams gave up on him – yet another example of how tough it is even for the professionals. Much less significant, I’ve already been wrong about Walden twice. After 2010, I thought the Packers were set at the OLB spot opposite Clay. Walden and Zombo had played well there at the end of that season and Brad Jones was back, too. No need to remind anyone here what happened in 2011. So at the end of last year, like many others, I didn’t think Walden (or Zombo or any of the others returning) could be counted upon. Wrong again: Walden has played well. Maybe I should refrain from posting about extending him? :confused:

Reaction score
I think we are underrated at linebacker
1. Hawk gets bashed, but he has play consistent this season
2. Matthews is Matthews
3. Bishop is a probowl player if he actually plays
4. DJ Smith is a future long term starter here in GB
5. Brad Jones is consistent and makes the plays that he has to. He was also a starter for us as a rookie
6. Walden has been a great playmaker for us and like what was said above, he is due to get paid like a starter
7. Zombo is someone that has a great upside, but has had different injuries since 2010.
8. Francois and Terrell Manning have been decent for when they actually have played

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That his teammates respect him so much speaks volumes to me. His career so far also reminds me how difficult it is to forecast how players will perform. Three teams gave up on him – yet another example of how tough it is even for the professionals. Much less significant, I’ve already been wrong about Walden twice. After 2010, I thought the Packers were set at the OLB spot opposite Clay. Walden and Zombo had played well there at the end of that season and Brad Jones was back, too. No need to remind anyone here what happened in 2011. So at the end of last year, like many others, I didn’t think Walden (or Zombo or any of the others returning) could be counted upon. Wrong again: Walden has played well. Maybe I should refrain from posting about extending him? :confused:

Ditto Jack. I wrote him off after last season. I'm always gald when I'm wrong like this! :)

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really liked our depth at OLB this year with Perry, Moses, and Walden to go along with Clay.
It still sucks big time that Perry's season is done.
But we're still way better off this year than last year because of Walden's improved play and the addition of Moses, but also the improvement on the DL, as planned.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never underestimated the Packers OLB depth. I think that many people get mesmerized by Matthew's great sack ability and pursuit, and then perceive too big of a talent drop on the other side. Zombo and Walden were both low-risk additions by TT that have performed well above expectations. As evidenced by that article, Walden is finally finding his groove. I would have zero problem starting him ahead of Perry.

Never tell me where a guy was drafted. I only want to know how they are playing now.

Members online

Latest posts