Wahle and Rivera

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Notice how they didn't make much impact. Wahle was OK but Rivera a big bust with Boys who collectively had one of worst OL in league. He spent most of the season hurt and is pretty washed up. I do think we should have kept Wahle though.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, looks like TT did good on that one. I woulda liked to have kept both players honestly, but their asking price was just out of this world. Good luck to them though.

With coaches who know about offensive lines, and some (hopefully) some FA line pickups.

I like wells at center, and grey at LG.

whitticker i think can play RG if he keeps working on it (he did ok for a 7th round rookie)

and our tackles, i like.

but if we upgrade(which im sure we will) that will help. As long as our new coach doesnt do like our old coach and play someone like adrian klemm for 10 ******** weeks. what a bonehead. GOD...even thinking about that upsetsm e....

k, rant over.

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wahle was okay? Beeing named to the Pro Bowl imo is a little more than doing okay.

Rivera really was a disappointment for the Cowgirls.

"At the right guard spot, the Cowboys had to be hoping for more than veteran Marco Rivera provided last season. The free-agent acquisition from Green Bay suffered a herniated disk injury only a week after signing with the Cowboys last March, and never fully returned to his Pro Bowl form that he displayed in Green Packers for the previous nine years.

Rivera actually missed the final two games ofthe season with a neck injury, but is expected to return next season.

One player who could wind up entering the mix at either guard or center is Andre Gurode, one of the few unrestricted free agents the Cowboys are considering resigning.

Gurode, a four-year veteran, served mostly as a backup last season, rotating some with center Al Johnson, before starting the last two games at right guard in place of Rivera.

While the Cowboys have briefly talked with Gurode's agent, and have done the same with linebacker Scott Fujita and tight end Dan Campbell, expect Gurode to probably test the free-agent waters.

If Gurode is re-signed, he likely will still compete for a starting job at either center or guard. He might find another team willing to pay him as a starter."
from dallascowboys.com

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rivera should serve as the example to other teams not to overpay for overaged, oft-injured offensive linemen. Granted, Rivera was heroic in playing through injuries for the Pack but how long could that go on.

How much better would our running game had fared with Wahle? Who knows? Would we have been in the playoffs? Doubtful. Point Thompson.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah, looks like TT did good on that one. I woulda liked to have kept both players honestly, but their asking price was just out of this world. Good luck to them though.

With coaches who know about offensive lines, and some (hopefully) some FA line pickups.

I like wells at center, and grey at LG.

whitticker i think can play RG if he keeps working on it (he did ok for a 7th round rookie)

and our tackles, i like.

but if we upgrade(which im sure we will) that will help. As long as our new coach doesnt do like our old coach and play someone like adrian klemm for 10 ******** weeks. what a bonehead. GOD...even thinking about that upsetsm e....

k, rant over.

Are you saying that you didn't think Beightol knew much about offensive lines? And I wouldn't say TT did good with that one. Who did he replace them with? He almost got Favre killed last season.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats a fact........had Favre not been so evasive, he would have been killed. If Rodgers would have had to start, he WOULD have been slaughtered!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm telling you right now,we would have been a better team with both Rivera a Waehle on our team. I also clearly know that Sherman because of a lot of bad signing put this team behind the 8 ball and they couldn't keep both. They should have kept Waehle though.

The problem with this line was that the two free agents they signed to play were both busts and all you had left were 4 centers trying to play center and guard. That's kind of like keeping two punters. The make up of this team this year was just goofy. Hopefully TT will start putting together a team with players who can play the positions. TT didn't Beightol any favors with all those centers and then trying to teach them to be something they're not.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the offensive coordinator specializes in offensive linework. yeah, id say TT did good with that.

Members online

Latest posts