1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Wacky World

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by CaliforniaCheez, Jun 24, 2008.

1. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  2. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    God forbid little Billy get his feelings hurt. Just like some schools don't give out D's or F's, because they don't want the stupid kids to feel bad. Some schools have even stopped using red ink to grade papers, because red ink is too, "stressful". You can't make up stuff like this.

Lets just give every kid the same grade. Just like in little league where every kid gets an award no matter what. Lets teach our kids that you don't need to put forth any kind of effort in life; you will get good grades and awards no matter if you try hard, or if you don't try at all.

3. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    After all, there is no competition in the real world. Why in the world should they teach it is schools? :wall:

4. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Some things?
    you couldn't pay me enough money to move to the UK. Silence is an admission of guilt. Political correctness is on a whole different level. The food is horrible. People are hypersensitive and get offended by EVERYTHING.

Good music though. Several of my favorite bands are from the UK - Priest, Floyd, Maiden, Cradle of Filth...

By the way, this article proves my point about political correctness. It won't stop unless we fight it in its early stages.

5. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    These days, everybody wants everyone to feel good about themselves and not have hurt feelings. How Absurd. There is just too much pressure in perfection.

6. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Ridiculous.

Next, they'll stop saying the Pledge of Allegiance here in America. Oh wait, that's already happened...

Remember when hypocrisy was a bad thing? Everybody crows about what a great thing diversity is, and yet no one is allowed to be thought of as "different".

I grew up in a fatherless home, so I made Father's Day cards for my grandfather and uncles and big brother. So what? I wasn't traumatized. I wasn't embarassed. I wasn't singled out and made fun of. I didn't come up with that solution because I was pressured to make cards for somebody/anybody. I did that because they were all father figures to me and I loved them.

I had a "problem", and I came up with my own answer to it. What a concept! When my grades slipped, I watched a little less TV and studied a little more. If I wanted something, I earned some money and bought it myself. If I couldn't do that, I lowered my aspirations a little. When I tried out for pee-wee football and didn't make the team, I practiced and got better and tried again next year.

I didn't sit around feeling sorry for myself. I didn't browbeat my mother until she did things for me. I didn't hire a lawyer to sue the rest of the world for daring to be better than me.

The politically correct minority in this country (and the rest of the world) are winning the war on common sense because no one will stand up to them. Everyone is afraid to cling to their personal morals and ideals - afraid that they will be seen as anachronistic or cruel or bigoted... or different.

The empty cans will continue rattling louder than anyone else until we're all talking, dressing, looking and acting the same as everyone else. Everyone will be perfect. Everyone will be special, and no one will be special. The world is turning into a featureless, colorless, meaningless pile of ****.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh man..,.......you summed it all up PERFECTLY!!!!! :agree:
    They talk about 'diversity" then slam you for wanting to have your own opinion. As long as you agree with them, your ok.
    I HATE "political correctness". I say so every chance i get. When i do speak up, it surprises me how many people feel the same way as i do. But like you said, most are afraid to speak up. Me, i rattle my can every chance i get. I'm TIRED of the PC crowd destroying this (and obviously other) countries.
    So....if you have a father, are you supposed to feel BAD because someone else doesn't??? Are you not supposed to give your Dad a card or tell him you love him because there are people that can't do that? What about the poor Dads that look forward to hearing that on their special day?
    Shouldn't we care about THEIR feelings too?
    Geez.......this world gets more screwed up every year.

8. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Heh. I was waiting patiently for Cheesey to chime in to this post. :cool:

EDIT: took out something that was political.

9. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The sad thing is they are a majority in San Francisco and Seattle, two otherwise beautiful cities.

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Did my response surprise or dissapoint you??? :wink: :lol:

11. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think you and I agree 100% on this topic.

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Sweet.
    Glad i know at least a few people agree with me on this! :D

My Dad died 34 years ago.......should i go around peeing on people that still have their Dads, because i don't have mine? Thats stupid and selfish.
    But thats what the "PC" people want........really ticks me off!!!! :evil: