1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Vote: who do you blame most for last night?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, Jan 13, 2013.

?

Who's more to blame

1. The players failing

13.3%
  2. Capers

28.3%
  3. Equally horrible on both sides

58.3%
  1. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +375
    It honestly just blew my mind, even the morning after how Erik Walden could find himself out of position on so many plays. And even on the odd chance he was in the right position, he made the wrong decision like breaking contain and chasing after Gore on that one Kaepernick scramble.

Oh, and here is a quote from Kaepernick in which I think not only says a lot about this defensive coaching staff, but a lot about the players as well.

On if the Packers were spying him: “I think a couple of times, a little. For the most part they were trying to double receivers and keep eyes on them.”
    On if he knew there would be opportunities to run after seeing Joe Webb last week: “Yeah, we knew going in that we were going to have some opportunities.”

Ridiculous.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-on-colin-kaepernick-oh-my-that-was-special/

2. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Sorry, but I don't want to hear people being pissy about Ross fielding kicks and punts two weeks after people were pissing and moaning that Cobb shouldn't be returning kicks or punts.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  3. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,168
    The fact is the kid made a mistake. It happens. He probably feels like crap today. IF he continually does it, we can run him out of town. I still liked his running style over Cobb. Usually straight down the throat and not towards the outside.
    Randall Cobb is still an awesome talent, but let him concentrate on being a receiver. IMOO

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,432
    Hindsight, but it almost seems to me like our best bet would be to keep Woodson at the line of scrimmage all day and assign him as a spy to Colin K. Woodson isn't a burner anymore by any means, but he's going to keep up better than any LB on our team and can tackle better than any other DB.

Good chance we would've gotten burned in other ways and lost anyway, but it's the only real thing I can think of that we could've done.

5. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,432
    We really didn't. He rushed for well over 100 yards and 5.2 YPC on us. It just seems doesn't seem as bad because it was completely overshadowed by how much Kaepernick burned us.

6. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I saw spies many times.....Matthews, Woodson, Hawk, Jones.

I saw many times Matthews didn't go balls-out on his pass rushes because if he did, it would open a wide lane for Kaepernick to waltz thru. And because our DBs and LBs are always covering man-to-man, they almost all have their backs turned and don't see Kaepernick running til it's too late.
    Why couldn't DoofusDom get these guys to play some zones that the 49ers had not scouted?
    He was never confused or rattled.
    The one mistake he made was a late slow throw when he was getting rare pressure.

Ross' fumble DID kill us.

We were up 14-7, and had just gotten a stop obviously. And our offense had marched for 7 last time so they were in a groove. A TD drive and a 21-7 lead might have really changed things, who knows.

But that's not on the coaches. It's on Ross. He'd looked ProBowl like until that one, and had never dropped one before then.
    He choked.
    Like a lot of Packer fans hoped Kaepernick would.

Instead, we saw Peyton Manning choke yesterday.

7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    you said the 3rd quarter

I know Robb was there and Harris at start of 3rd..

so should have said after the 9 min mark they stopped

8. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Their WRs constantly holding would-be tacklers downfield was a big part of that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Our CB's are thin, frail, soft, finesse.

In all those yards, the fact that Kaepernick didn't take any big hits, that upsets me more than anything.

10. ROSS F'n SUCKS!!!!!!!

ROSS F'n SUCKS!!!!!!! Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    15-1 last year, then the explosion to a 9-7 team. They lose home field and the second seed last week and now this. I've been a Packers fan for 40 years, and I'm ******* done. I have far better things to do than waste an entire season watching this **** only to have it end like this TWICE in TWO YEARS!!!

They suck, McCarthy sucks, Thompson sucks, Capers sucks more than anything I can fathom, and the players??? Christ sake horrible. Saint Vince is rolling over in his grave for sure.

And why is Ross even in the NFL? That ******* couldn't catch a goddamned beach ball. I mean really, you're a professional football player, getting paid a ridiculous amount of money, you're in the playoffs and you muff a punt on the 2? Seriously? Go see if the Walmart in Appleton is looking for greeters, at least that way you wouldn't have to handle any product. Good thing you trained your whole life to be a football player, huh Ross? ******* moron.

Horrible coaching, horrible management, just awful. It'll be a long time before this joke of an organization wins anything with the ***-buckets they have running this ****-show in charge. What a waste of a team for people like Matthews, Rodgers, Nelson et al. to be on.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +2,168
    You not happy then mate ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +2,168
    Sorry, my comment was tongue in cheek and totally inapropriate at this time. We`ll get it right next year hopefully

13. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,432
    I'm flabbergasted that anyone would be blaming the offense for the loss last night.

Were they operating perfectly like in the Texans game? No. Did they have some drives cut short that kept the defense out there too much? Sure.

It's also not like they were facing a subpar defense. They took what was given, for the most part. I could agree that they the playcalling in the 3rd was poor and it was very puzzling that they got away from the run, but that's not what cost us the game.

We lost the game because we simply could not stop them defensively. We gave up 181 yards rushing...to the opposing quarterback alone. That is not simply a bad line. That is a historically bad line.

Blame that on the players, blame that on the coaching, whatever you want, but we lost this game because of our defense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    We didn't adjust to the simple gameplan of read option/throw to crabtree.

15. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +879
    Good bye. Have a nice life.

16. LZ13

LZ13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Not only was his speed phenomenal, the fakes were incredible. Even Clay was wondering where the ball was on one play. Watching it, I did not even know he was running till he was past the line of scrimmage cause everyone was on Gore. The fact that he was making picture perfect passes to well defended players limited how much help we could provide on this too.

17. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    I blame myself for not wearing the right Packers socks. (I knew it, I knew it, I knew it)

18. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,042
    AHA! I knew you'd fess up. Good thing tomatoes are in short supply this time of year or your house would be red.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    [​IMG]
    Bye Have A Beautiful Time!!!

20. P-E-Z

P-E-Z Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    Here is the problem
    Time of Possession Packers 21:59 49ers 38:01
    Plus we turned the ball over twice.
    So it was not just the defense being poor which it was; it was also offense never let them rest as well.

21. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Because turnovers is a separate issue than TOP.

22. packers020802

packers020802 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    he did make a mistake BUT
    it was a game changer.
    it was 14-7 with us getting the ball back.
    It "could have" been 21-7 or 17-7....
    but it ended up being a big MO changer AND 14 ALL.

the other big play was that missed pass to 85.
    that was a killer in mho....

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Despite all that and that and that.... the way our defense played, the way our defense is, WE ARE NOT GOING TO WIN that all game period.
    Nor do we deserve to.

This just in: Our defense, still, sucks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    For those that say Ross's fumble killed us, well it was a big mistake but FAR from why we lost the game. But leadership from the coaching staff after the Ross fumble was absent. Instead of just pulling Ross from punt returns, McCarthy or Slocum pulled Ross out of game point blank. Talk about knee jerk. Look at how inept Cobb was out there. A mistake on top of another mistake was par for the course in the game.

Write in candidates for who I blame for last night.

Strength and Conditioning coach

AND

Replacement Refs

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +838
    The strength guys need to go. I have been a strength coach in another sport and the problems the packers have physically are problems that would get most strength coaches fired.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1