Vote for McCarthy: Motorola Coach of the week.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy nominated for Motorola Coach of the week.

good for mike.

i remember when GB hired mccarthy. we were all like, "who the hell is that?" he was the the offensive coordinator for the 49ers one of the worst offenses in the league.

i know i was pulling pretty hard for bates to get the job. i think we can all agree that mccarthy has been a pleasant surprise.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: McCarthy nominated for Motorola Coach of the week.

good for mike.

i remember when GB hired mccarthy. we were all like, "who the hell is that?" he was the the offensive coordinator for the 49ers one of the worst offenses in the league.

i know i was pulling pretty hard for bates to get the job. i think we can all agree that mccarthy has been a pleasant surprise.

and people would always bring that up on how he had the niners in last place, but never once would mention all the great stuff he did in N/O

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score

is jim bates still assisting in denver? their D is pretty good too.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think Mike McCarthy has done a great job with a very young football team. Some here have kind of sluffed off the six game winning streak we have put together and I have to tell you there are NFL guys out there shaking their heads that he has done this with the youngest team in the league.

This is no small feat and it is being noted accordingly.

What I like is he NEVER makes an excuse because of the talent he has been given or the youth at certain positions. I think the way he approaches his job as the coach of these guys works extremely well with a young group like this.

He has been a great choice for the HC job considering the course that management has taken in getting young players induced on the roster. I can name a couple of guys that probably could not have coached these guys up as well as he has given their coaching styles.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: McCarthy nominated for Motorola Coach of the week.

The Cards coach shouldnt be on there, because they blew a 17 point led, and then got a lucky fumble to go and kick the winning FG.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts