Vote: #21 Scenario

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be happy with Shazier or Nix. People seem to forgot that a big part of our downfall last year was that we couldn't stop the run when everyone and their uncle knew it was coming. We need a guy that can hold up under double teams and let our linebackers make plays the way they were able to for the first five games or so. Nix is the best 3-4 NT in the draft, and he'd make everyone better if he can win the battles in the trenches. Our dbacks and pass rushers would look a lot better if it was always third and long and they could focus on defending the pass only.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I would just like to throw this out there, if we take Hageman, I will rip my hair out and throw a chair through the tv. (Little over dramatic) but really, I hate the thought of another Defensive Lineman playing when "he feels like it"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is there ever a 1st round DL who doesn't have "Motivation" issues? Or is it just that EVERY DL takes plays off, and being a 1st rounder just puts the microscope on it. Either way TT doesn't often draft guys who aren't from a major program/conference in the 1st.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there ever a 1st round DL who doesn't have "Motivation" issues? Or is it just that EVERY DL takes plays off, and being a 1st rounder just puts the microscope on it. Either way TT doesn't often draft guys who aren't from a major program/conference in the 1st.

Suh from Detroit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And that's about it. Every other guy I can think of projected to DE.

Sharrif Floyd and Star Lotulelei from last year's draft...generally really big guys that try really hard all the time and are good enough to be first rounders go much earlier in the draft than where the Packers pick.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Sharrif Floyd and Star Lotulelei from last year's draft...generally really big guys that try really hard all the time and are good enough to be first rounders go much earlier in the draft than where the Packers pick.
Could've sworn I heard stuff about Floyd taking plays off

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Brooks played CB before and I also like Marqueston Huff (not sure though he projects as a FS in the NFL).
Agree with both names.
I think both players can help us, and I love Terrance Brooks actually.
I think his skillset compares very similarily to Nick Collins.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would actually take Shazier ahead of Mosley. Shazier is healthier and the Packers don't need anyone as injury prone as Mosley has been. That said, I think TT can trade down to 31, 32 or 33 and still get Shazier. All of this assumes Clinton-Dix and Pryor are gone at 21. IMO!

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would actually take Shazier ahead of Mosley. Shazier is healthier and the Packers don't need anyone as injury prone as Mosley has been. That said, I think TT can trade down to 31, 32 or 33 and still get Shazier. All of this assumes Clinton-Dix and Pryor are gone at 21. IMO!
Just because most mocks and rankings NOW have Mosley for sure ahead of Shazier (and Borland) doesn't mean it's going to be like that in the NFL.

2013 PreDraft ILB rankings

Manti Te'oILB1Notre DameSr6-1241
*Kevin MinterILB2LSUrJr6-0246
Kiko AlonsoILB3OregonrSr6-4238

Kiko Alonso was BY FAR THE BEST ONE in the NFL as a rookie.

2012 PreDraft ILB rankings
*Luke KuechlyILB1Boston CollegeJr6-3242
*Dont'a HightowerILB2AlabamarJr6-2265
Mychal KendricksILB3CaliforniaSr5-11240
Keenan RobinsonILB4TexasrSr6-3242
James-Michael JohnsonILB5NevadarSr6-1241
Tank CarderILB6TCUrSr6-2236
Audie ColeILB7North Carolina StaterSr6-4246
Caleb McSurdyILB8MontanaSr6-1245
Najee GoodeILB9West VirginiarSr6-0244
*Vontaze BurfictILB10Arizona StateJr6-1248

Yes Luke was and is the best. But Vontaze Burfict has been the 2nd best. And he went UNDRAFTED.

My goodness, look at the list for 2011

Look at 2010. Another BAMA can't miss stud ILB at the very top. The overhyped Nick Saban defenses. There have been a lot of Bama DEFENSE guys who didn't come close to reaching their expectations in the NFL.

Rolando McClainILB1Alabama6-4249
Sean LeeILB2Penn State6-2236
Brandon SpikesILB3Florida6-3249
Donald ButlerILB4Washington6-1245
Jamar ChaneyILB5Mississippi State6-1242
Phillip DillardILB6Nebraska6-0245
Pat AngererILB7Iowa6-0235
Travis GoethelILB8Arizona State6-3240
Danny BattenILB9South Dakota State6-3246
Darryl SharptonILB10Miami (Fla.)6-0236
Mike McLaughlinILB11Boston College6-0242
Vincent ReyILB12Duke6-2240
Micah JohnsonILB13Kentucky6-2258

Sean Lee has been a superstud. When healthy.
Spikes, Butler, Sharpton, Rey, Micah, Angerer.... a lot of guys BELOW Alabama's McClain have actually proven to be better.

Our, everyone's pre-draft rankings are always going to be wrong in many cases.
Why isn't this one with Mosley supposedly #1 the next example. I'd bet anyone he doesn't end up being the best NFL ILB in this class.
Anyone want to take that $$ bet?
Come on, CJ is rated so high, easy money right?

Where's Aaron Curry at?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts