Vote: #21 Scenario

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would take either Shazier or Jimmie Ward... still need to do more film study on Ward.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm probably gonna get bashed but I like fuller a lot. I even talked about TT surprising us with that pick on another thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't take ward that early though and Hageman is just a big ole body full of risk

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping Mosley will be there when we pick. I don't see the Cardinals drafting him, rather Derek Carr
QB or a DL. If Mosley, Pryor and Clinton-Dix are all gone when we pick, I vote we trade back.

tatertot22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If all those guys are taken I would trade down for a later pick in the first round and pick Jason verrett from TCU. With Hyde moving to safety we could use another corner to help a secondary that often struggled last year.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
If all those guys are taken I would trade down for a later pick in the first round and pick Jason verrett from TCU. With Hyde moving to safety we could use another corner to help a secondary that often struggled last year.
It's been a while since I've watched Verrett tape, can he play the slot? Because in dime it's either Bush or Tramon in the slot across from Hayward, or we have to take Hyde off Safety.

tatertot22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea he definitely could play the slot. I honestly think Verrett is the best corner in the draft. If he was a inch or two taller he would probably be a top 15 pick. Getting him in the late first early second would be a steal in my opinion.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

It's been a while since I've watched Verrett tape, can he play the slot? Because in dime it's either Bush or Tramon in the slot across from Hayward, or we have to take Hyde off Safety.

Verrett is actually best suited to play in the slot.

PackfanFB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Out of the guys listed above, I'd go:

1. Shazier (without a doubt)
2. Kyle Fuller (like his versatility
3. Hageman (worth a shot if everyone else is gone)
4. Jimmy Ward (I see him as more of a SS which is why he ranks 4, we cannot play Burnett at FS).
5. Bradley Rody (can't go wrong with adding CB depth)
6. Jace Amaro (I do not feel that TE is as big of a "need" position as probably most people, Amaro is a reach at 21 IMO)
7. Louis Nix (I could put about 30 more people ahead of Nix, I think he will be a bust, a lesser version of Raji and someone completely useless against pass-happy teams or teams with moving QBs (See SF and Seattle). He's basically the only player I would truly be upset about drafting at 21).

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Do you see Ward as a SS type because that's where he lined up? Hakeem Smith is listed as a SS, but he played Centerfield (FS) (though he's not fast enough to do that in the NFL). I see a potential Centerfielder when I look at Ward

PackfanFB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you see Ward as a SS type because that's where he lined up? Hakeem Smith is listed as a SS, but he played Centerfield (FS) (though he's not fast enough to do that in the NFL). I see a potential Centerfielder when I look at Ward

That's def part of it. I have warmed up to Ward after seeing his numbers, which I think demonstrate that he's capable of playing a centerfield role and has the necessary range and closing speed for the job. Have to admit, I did not watch him much in college so I have also relied a lot on what I have read about him.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
That's def part of it. I have warmed up to Ward after seeing his numbers, which I think demonstrate that he's capable of playing a centerfield role and has the necessary range and closing speed for the job. Have to admit, I did not watch him much in college so I have also relied a lot on what I have read about him.
I take full credit for Ward's career. I brought him up on another forum as a 4th rounder way back when he was listed as a UDFA, where a legit draftnik saw and brought him to the attention of draft twitter, where Miller and Brugler found him.

I can't take credit for Richburg or Latimer as they were brought to my attention by somebody else, but I WAS ahead of the crowd on those two as well

D

Deleted member 6794

It´s tough to evaluate Ward´s potential at FS as he played mostly near the LOS at Northern Illinois. I think his best fit would be lining up at SS in the NFL though.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
It´s tough to evaluate Ward´s potential at FS as he played mostly near the LOS at Northern Illinois. I think his best fit would be lining up at SS in the NFL though.
It's essentially the same evaluation you'd have to give Pryor or Bailey. Not that I disagree with you.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's essentially the same evaluation you'd have to give Pryor or Bailey.

I agree with that. The only guy I can think who's capable of playing centerfield in a single high formation in this draft is Clinton-Dix. That's the main reason I want the Packers to draft him.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I agree with that. The only guy I can think who's capable of playing centerfield in a single high formation in this draft is Clinton-Dix. That's the main reason I want the Packers to draft him.
Do remember that in college coaches use their best Safety to guard sweeps, screens, and options. No love for Terrence Brooks or Jonathan Dowling?

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do remember that in college coaches use their best Safety to guard screens and options. No love for Terrence Brooks or Jonathan Dowling?

Agree. Don't know much about dowling but brooks is my favorite second round option. I think he could play single high just fine.

D

Deleted member 6794

Do remember that in college coaches use their best Safety to guard sweeps, screens, and options. No love for Terrence Brooks or Jonathan Dowling?

I like Brooks, would be a nice value pick in the third round. Dowling is awful against the run and if I remember correctly was dismissed from Florida some years ago. The Packers would have to take a deep look into his character as well.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I like Brooks, would be a nice value pick in the third round. Dowling is awful against the run and if I remember correctly was dismissed from Florida some years ago. The Packers would have to take a deep look into his character as well.
Who cares how a Centerfielder plays the run? Character would be a concern, but it WAS some time ago and he seems to have kept his nose clean since.

D

Deleted member 6794

Who cares how a Centerfielder plays the run? Character would be a concern, but it WAS some time ago and he seems to have kept his nose clean since.

Even a FS has to play against the run at some point.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would just like to throw this out there, if we take Hageman, I will rip my hair out and throw a chair through the tv. (Little over dramatic) but really, I hate the thought of another Defensive Lineman playing when "he feels like it"

Members online

Latest posts